With these casting announcements, it sounds like this movie won't just be a celebration of the Space Sheriff trilogy but the whole Metal Hero franchise. Sounds like a fitting 25th anniversary special.

Wouldn't this be the 35th anniversary?

This all sounds good, but I wonder if it'll be little more than cameos in a plot with minimal substance. I wonder if they couldn't get back Benikiba's actress and thus are using Hara as a substitute?

Wouldn't this be the 35th anniversary?

This all sounds good, but I wonder if it'll be little more than cameos in a plot with minimal substance. I wonder if they couldn't get back Benikiba's actress and thus are using Hara as a substitute?

Me no math so good.

I don't know, knowing Arakawa and Sakamoto, they tend to do better with guest appearances than merely cheap cameos. I'm sure they'll have time to shine.

It's new trailer time!

[video=youtube;Nz0JYism5hs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz0JYism5hs[/video]​

The strange thing is, if you keep a sharp eye out near the start, you can see Tom Constantine (used to run HLJ's news page and contribute to the podcast, now creates videos for The Tokusatsu Network's youtube channel) is in the movie. He's the guy in the white suit.

C2ka-2DWEAAQVDD.jpg:small

Why did Kenji Ohba dye his hair yellow? He looks ridiculous. Is that Hellvira attacking Jasmine and Umeko at the end?

I'm frankly more interested in all of these other Metal Hero characters than Gavan and the Dekarangers. I'd rather Toei just make a movie devoted strictly to Metal Hero; the last two Space Sheriff movies had room for improvement and they weren't sharing screentime with other series. I doubt these returning characters will be much more than token appearances.

Heck, as long as these movies are police-oriented, do a Rescue Police movie. I'd like to see the Winspector, Solbrian and Exceedraft characters appear again.

Why did Kenji Ohba dye his hair yellow? He looks ridiculous.
If you see the promo images or other videos of him such as the ad for the new Lazer Blade toy, it's not yellow; It's completely white. I'd guess it's for another gig as he seems to work in a lot of theatrical adaptations of manga/anime properties. I presume it's not natural as there's not a scrap of "salt and papper" anywhere.
Is that Hellvira attacking Jasmine and Umeko at the end?
Yup.

Would like to change his avatar
Is that Hellvira attacking Jasmine and Umeko at the end?

Yeah. There's supposedly a new character who is the Uchuu Keiji of planet Clin -- I'm guessing this will be a predictable old double-cross (the character will really be Hellvira) and that this is the character played by Minami Tsukui.

It's not a new Space Sheriff or Dekaranger movie without a predictable double-cross!

Some kind of Beast mode
This is..so random lol but it makes me happy. I still haven't seen the 15 years after special.

This looks like any of the other recent movies, but man I really liked Deka. It's one of the best episodic series out there. I don't think this will be memorable to me, but having all of the main cast of a Sentai come back for specials after over a decade is a Sentai fans dream, and Deka isn't even my favorite.

Here's the trailer for the Girls in Trouble prequel. It's not exactly what I'd expect from a Sentai spin-off.

[video=youtube;z4KLKpiMAl8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4KLKpiMAl8[/video]​

Some kind of Beast mode
...:laugh:

And then that music at the end as they die with their eyes open while falling to the floor like a sac of bricks. :laugh:

Hey, I don't want it to be gory for the sake of it, but I think it's a step up from a day out at a mall and going to spas and then dealing with a comedic MOTW.

So are they like stuck in a time loop of getting killed?

I assume Naomi Morinaga isn't going to be resuming her Helen/Hellvira character from Spielban. If Hellvira is in this, I wonder if they'll mention anyone else from Wahrer like Pandora or Deathzero.