Just an Internet User Passing Thru
I have a feeling with the way this new show is structured so far.........expect this Sentai team to be the next Power Rangers team that follows after Ninja Steel

Some kind of Beast mode
I have a feeling with the way this new show is structured so far.........expect this Sentai team to be the next Power Rangers team that follows after Ninja Steel

Probably. Actually, very likely when I think about it. I feel like they judge what to skip based on the mech. They might not think the giant cubes will flourish...or the cube anythings.

Mad Skillz
Zyuohger did pretty bad in Japan so I would say Kyuranger has a much better chance at being adapted. The 2017 Power Rangers was always going to be a choice between something that isn't super popular here (trains) and something that is but didn't perform well in Japan.

Oh I know dude, I'm hesitant to believe the what should be obvious "Kyu" only because I've seen enough evidence in the past that shows the cookie cutter template will supersede creativity, sooner than later.
I think it depends on whether the name is meant to be a reference to Goranger (FiveRanger), seeing as that show also had a constellation motif.
2. I wonder how early this exposure was, given that we always assumed working on the next Sentai was always in advance. BOA collab? What input could there possibly have been? O_O
Well they're only mentioning it now because details about the show are being released. It doesn't mean the collab couldn't have been a year or more ago.
3. By making PR competitive do they mean by Sentai competing with PR, or making a solid Sentai series that would inherently make the PR adaptation better and competitive for our shows here in the states?
I think they mean making any changes that might help the inevitable Power Rangers adaptation in the American market without affecting Sentai (which targets a younger age-range).

For example, IIRC the action figures are typically the best-selling toys in the States, but not so popular in Japan (where the mecha often sell better). Kyuranger has more heroes whose suits have more varied (and yes, less pajama-like) designs. Maybe the thinking is that this is more helpful to the PR toyline than to Sentai's, but shouldn't be a change that hurts sales in Japan?
5. The differences between what? Sentai and Rider? A Sentai and other super heroes? Or the difference between a Sentai and a previous Sentai?
I think it means the last option. You should be able to recognise that it's part of the franchise, but they should still be distinctive and not just "a Sentai".

Mad Skillz
I think it depends on whether the name is meant to be a reference to Goranger (FiveRanger), seeing as that show also had a constellation motif.

It's a reference to Goranger, yeah. The blurb on TV Asahi's website said "We look back to the beginning to surpass it with the next generation, the first series was Go(5)ranger, so this was named Kyu(9)ranger"

Some kind of Beast mode
Well they're only mentioning it now because details about the show are being released. It doesn't mean the collab couldn't have been a year or more ago.
I think they mean making any changes that might help the inevitable Power Rangers adaptation in the American market without affecting Sentai (which targets a younger age-range).

For example, IIRC the action figures are typically the best-selling toys in the States, but not so popular in Japan (where the mecha often sell better). Kyuranger has more heroes whose suits have more varied (and yes, less pajama-like) designs. Maybe the thinking is that this is more helpful to the PR toyline than to Sentai's, but shouldn't be a change that hurts sales in Japan?
I think it means the last option. You should be able to recognise that it's part of the franchise, but they should still be distinctive and not just "a Sentai".

Got it.

Yea, I fully expect the meetings to have been a year or so prior.

That seems sensible, changing the suits a bit, but with the current writing of these recent PR seasons..well Idk what demographic they're trying to go for :laugh:

Go-Busters was very distinctive in a good way, the suit designs could have been better, but they seemed inspired. The story was kind of lam after awhile but there was so much potential. They didn't stick to their guns though. Let's see if Kyu even has any guns to stick with.

It's a reference to Goranger, yeah. The blurb on TV Asahi's website said "We look back to the beginning to surpass it with the next generation, the first series was Go(5)ranger, so this was named Kyu(9)ranger"

Hm, that's kinda cute.

D

Dr Kain

So Bandai of America helped create this show, which is awesome. I hope this means this show is finally going to do something new and original.

Mad Skillz
Not really the show, the toyline, which mostly involves the visuals and not the story.