Some kind of Beast mode
You guys are making my already low expectations even lower with this head writer talk. lol

But yea, I echo all 9 not bring constants in the show. I noticed no matter how many rangers are in a season they subtly make sure you know there is a core team separate from others with visual story telling. I'm sure this is just another gimmick that will fall by the wayside after five episodes.

For the premiere though, quite possibly. The thing is Sentai premieres have been super rushed now more than ever so I am curious as to how they'll introduce them all. Not to mention the mech battle they might cram in there.

Side note: Love the stars on the visors, that is for certain.

Mad Skillz
They don't necessarily have to introduce every Ranger in the first episode, at least not full on. We'll probably get a certain percentage of the team introduced and maybe see shots of others sorta waiting in the shadows. I think this might be one of the years we don't see the main robot introduced in the first episode, hopefully that'll help.

It's still hard to judge what the main cast is going to be though - if you have it's the human actors, then you've got yourself a really interesting color lineup. The robot's main components correlate to three human actors and two suits, so that would be a mix that hopefully forces those suit characters to get as much development as the others. But we also have instances in shows such as Kyoryuger and Zyuohger with the robot's main form not really being indicative of the full roster of main characters.

I9AF4Bs.jpg

Based on this image, there's no doubt in my mind that blue's suit actor is Takeuchi. You do not waste Takeuchi on a character who isn't part of the main cast.

Last edited:
Some kind of Beast mode
Well yea, second batch of rangers trickling in through time is what I expect and how they've normally done it. I think some of the rubber suits will have fair screen time as well, given what you said about the mech formation, regardless if it is indicative or not.

But what I feel would be bold is to have to have all 9 appear in the first ep. at least. Otherwise, I'm not sure what would make it so different from Kyuryuger. Of course it matters what they do with them after the first ep, but it would truly be somewhat as historical as they're making it out to be in the scans if they all appeared in the same ep.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I can picture it being similar to Go-onger which would often divide the heroes by Red/Blue/Yellow, Green/Black and Wings - just with three in each team. And as has been pointed out, the group size is basically the same as Go-Busters but with one extra hero

I can picture it being similar to Go-onger which would often divide the heroes by Red/Blue/Yellow, Green/Black and Wings - just with three in each team. And as has been pointed out, the group size is basically the same as Go-Busters but with one extra hero

Exactly. There shouldn't be anything to worry about how the series will juggle 9 characters. It's been done before

I also noticed a small Go-buster type situation.

In the synopsis the situation is bad. Earth is already over run by the Jark Matter organization

Go-busters had a tough situation with their Enertron tanks being used to destroy the world.

At least that's how I see things with them being similar

It will be interesting to see what Kyuranger will have tweaked and improved to be better than Go-busters. What did the production team learn.

Oh I can also see split battles returning

5 Kyurangers deal with the big monster in KyuRenOh

4 deal with the ground battle.

You guys are making my already low expectations even lower with this head writer talk. lol
It's an interesting one to contemplate really.

On the one hand, we've got a writer who has only ever previously been a secondary writer, and now they're getting their first chance at contributing their own ideas.

On the other thand, the head producer is from the TV network. From what I gather, network producers aren't about promoting creativity and experimentation. They're about recycling things that worked before and not rocking the boat.

So what will happen?
But yea, I echo all 9 not bring constants in the show. I noticed no matter how many rangers are in a season they subtly make sure you know there is a core team separate from others with visual story telling. I'm sure this is just another gimmick that will fall by the wayside after five episodes.
I doubt these other four characters will go anywhere permanently. "Kyu" is the Japanese word for the number nine. The show is straight-up called NineRanger. Plus, as Aoi Kurenai pointed out, the main mecha has two forms that both require a mix of mechs from both 'face' and 'suit' characters. They've still gotta show off what those Q1 toys can do. :sweat:

Last edited:
Mad Skillz
This is going to be the third show in a row to have a new head writer. I'm guessing Toei is going to put these people into the rotation regularly from now on. I really was hoping for an outside voice, but I'm always willing to give a new writer a chance.

One of the more interesting aspects of this show to me right now is that we have no idea what sort of Sentai TV Asahi wants to make. It could be your run of the mill Sentai, just with nine members, or it could be something radically different.

Last edited:
With an ending theme called "Kyuren Dancing", there's probably at least one area that will (unfortunately) be run-of-the-mill. Unless that's just a title and there's no actual dancing involved.

Mad Skillz
So the former marketing director of Badai of America gave some behind the scene details for Kyuranger's creation:

- In the past BoJ has told them "this is what you'll be working with"
- Got "very early" exposure to sit down with Bandai and Toei
- Had the ability to talk through the concept together
- Tried to influence it to make Power Rangers as competitive and exciting as possible because the landscape for boys toys has changed so much
- Old Marvel vs Marvel Movies as an idea in how to protect backstory but evolve the brand visually
- Kids should always know a Power Ranger when they see one but be able to realize the differences
- Helped at the conceptual stage think about arsenal

one of the most interesting things is the guy saying Kamen Rider and Super Sentai serve two versions of the same audience, older boys for Rider and young boys for Sentai. With Kyuranger they tried to find a way to combine that without cannibalizing their sales in Japan because in the west, there's only Power Rangers and they want both markets

Some kind of Beast mode
It's an interesting one to contemplate really.

On the one hand, we've got a writer who has only ever previously been a secondary writer, and now they're getting their first chance at contributing their own ideas.

On the other thand, the head producer is from the TV network. From what I gather, network producers aren't about promoting creativity and experimentation. They're about recycling things that worked before and not rocking the boat.

So what will happen?
I doubt these other four characters will go anywhere permanently. "Kyu" is the Japanese word for the number nine. The show is straight-up called NineRanger. Plus, as Aoi Kurenai pointed out, the main mecha has two forms that both require a mix of mechs from both 'face' and 'suit' characters. They've still gotta show off what those Q1 toys can do. :sweat:

Oh I agree, I partly jest. It can be lame to know a lackluster crew member is on duty, but it is still interesting to spot someone's finger prints, for better or worse.

Oh I know dude, I'm hesitant to believe the what should be obvious "Kyu" only because I've seen enough evidence in the past that shows the cookie cutter template will supersede creativity, sooner than later.

So the former marketing director of Badai of America gave some behind the scene details for Kyuranger's creation:

- In the past BoJ has told them "this is what you'll be working with"
- Got "very early" exposure to sit down with Bandai and Toei
- Had the ability to talk through the concept together
- Tried to influence it to make Power Rangers as competitive and exciting as possible because the landscape for boys toys has changed so much
- Old Marvel vs Marvel Movies as an idea in how to protect backstory but evolve the brand visually
- Kids should always know a Power Ranger when they see one but be able to realize the differences
- Helped at the conceptual stage think about arsenal

one of the most interesting things is the guy saying Kamen Rider and Super Sentai serve two versions of the same audience, older boys for Rider and young boys for Sentai. With Kyuranger they tried to find a way to combine that without cannibalizing their sales in Japan because in the west, there's only Power Rangers and they want both markets

There are a few vague points listed here, but gosh darnit I'd be lying if i said I wasn't interested.

1. We always assumed/knew this, but it helps to know that it was true.

2. I wonder how early this exposure was, given that we always assumed working on the next Sentai was always in advance. BOA collab? What input could there possibly have been? O_O

3. By making PR competitive do they mean by Sentai competing with PR, or making a solid Sentai series that would inherently make the PR adaptation better and competitive for our shows here in the states?

4. Idk what old Marvel vs Marvel alludes to, but I understand what they mean by protecting backstory but evolving the brand.

5. The differences between what? Sentai and Rider? A Sentai and other super heroes? Or the difference between a Sentai and a previous Sentai?

6. Thinking about arsenal, I wonder how. Maybe no side arms or personal weapons for awhile? I'd like that, or none at all to be honest. They've been relying way too heavily on weapons combat.