chotaise.png

So, the website for the latest Taisen movie has just gone live. 'Kamen Rider x Super Sentai Chou Superhero Taisen' will be released on Saturday the 25th of March 2017. The text down the middle of the image reads “Assemble the power of every heroâ€.

More details doubtless to follow in the new year.

So that translates to Super Super Hero War. God, that's a clunky name.

I'm honestly disappointed we're going back to the Super Hero War format because:

A) All three films with Super Hero War in their names have sucked.
B)I liked the idea of the Spring movie being a smaller scale Kamen Rider crossover.

Besides, that title reeks of Yonemura and Shirakura. Keeping my hopes at basement level for this one.

Looks like they're moving the annual Rider/Sentai crossover to the theaters.

So that translates to Super Super Hero War. God, that's a clunky name.
Can't "chou" also mean 'new'? Every time I've seen the name of the character 'Chou Den-O' translated it's been to 'New Den-O'. It also makes a bit more sense seeing as the Taisen series took a break last spring for the Rider #1 movie, and the autumn 'Kamen Rider Taisen' movie has "leveled up" to 'Kamen Rider Generations'.

Can't "chou" also mean 'new'? Every time I've seen the name of the character 'Chou Den-O' translated it's been to 'New Den-O'. It also makes a bit more sense seeing as the Taisen series took a break last spring for the Rider #1 movie, and the autumn 'Kamen Rider Taisen' movie has "leveled up" to 'Kamen Rider Generations'.

They explicitly use the "超" kanji in this title. It's the same kanji they used for Super Movie War Genesis last year and the Chou Den-O movies. It's also used in the Japanese title for Dragon Ball Super (which even spells out "suupaa" in katakana under the kanji, indicating it's meant to be read as super). If it were written in katakana, then it may have a different meaning (like what Shin Godzilla did: allowing audiences to think it could mean "new", "true", "evolved", "god", or all of the above).

However, I've never heard "chou" translated into "new" before. That Den-O example seems especially strange since there's a Rider actually called New Den-O, so that's just confusing.

Mystic Shaman - OniBlue
They explicitly use the "超" kanji in this title. It's the same kanji they used for Super Movie War Genesis last year and the Chou Den-O movies. It's also used in the Japanese title for Dragon Ball Super (which even spells out "suupaa" in katakana under the kanji, indicating it's meant to be read as super). If it were written in katakana, then it may have a different meaning (like what Shin Godzilla did: allowing audiences to think it could mean "new", "true", "evolved", "god", or all of the above).

However, I've never heard "chou" translated into "new" before. That Den-O example seems especially strange since there's a Rider actually called New Den-O, so that's just confusing.
Cho Den-O was the name they used for the movies like The Onigashima Warship or the Den-O Trilogy Movies

Basically, Cho Den-O is Den-O in Super Climax, if I understand right. (Basically he calls himself Super Den-O or something ahah)

http://kamenrider.wikia.com/wiki/Cho_Den-O_Series

They explicitly use the "超" kanji in this title.

Not that this is means anything, but... According to Google Translate, that kanji is Chinese, and it means Ultra. So I guess a possible title translation could be "Ultra Super Hero War".
...No?
Super Duper Hero War?

Well, I tried. Never said I was lingual in Japanese. :p

There's a scan of a pamphlet with a story summary. It confirms other past Rider and Sentai will be involved, like usual, but...

nhF0WhF.jpg

A transcendent collaboration born at last!

The Game World launches an attack on the Real World. In front of Kamen Rider Ex-Aid and Uchuu Sentai Kyuranger appears the "Arena of Death" where the destruction of the Earth will be decided.

Trapped in this inescapable dimension, generations of Super Sentai and Kamen Riders must engage in a Battle Royale.
An unprecented battlefield of many puzzles connecting the Real and Game worlds.

And then, "Those Heroes" revive...
Everything is scaled up, all rules are broken! And when it seems like the real world will fall into a disaster, imagination brings forth unimaginable New Heroes!

Cho Super Hero Taisen releases March 25, 2017!

The story seems tied to Ex-Aid itself, rather than Shocker (or Badam that one time) like usual, so I wonder if it's going to be written by Ex-Aid's writer?

Also, that Chou kanji could also be translated as Ultra or Hyper, but, either way, it's a clunky title.

There's a scan of a pamphlet with a story summary. It confirms other past Rider and Sentai will be involved, like usual, but...

The story seems tied to Ex-Aid itself, rather than Shocker (or Badam that one time) like usual, so I wonder if it's going to be written by Ex-Aid's writer?

Also, that Chou kanji could also be translated as Ultra or Hyper, but, either way, it's a clunky title.

I wouldn't be surprised, especially when the story sounds like something from a video game. To where the Heroes would try to kill each other just to save the world.

[video=youtube;w-uMH4B5BYI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-uMH4B5BYI[/video]​

Not much to see in this teaser, aside from Shishi Red's suit from an angle we haven't seen before. Interesting that the 'selector' included the likes of HououRanger and Zolda.