Cast revealed

http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/kyuranger/

http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2016/12/uchu-sentai-kyuranger-cast-and-story-details-revealed/

4p1f5Rl.jpg.jpg

The Kyuranger Cast:

ShishiRed/Lucky- played by Takumi Kizu
OokamiBlue/Garu- VA unknown
ChameleonGreen/Hami- played by Sakurako Okubo
OushiBlack/Champ- VA unknown
KajikiYellow/Spada- played by Tetsuji Sakakibara
SasoriOrange/Stinger- played by Yousuke Kishi
TenbinGold/Balance- VA unknown
HebitsukaiSilver/Rei Naga- played by Tamaki Yamazaki
WashiPink/Laputa 283- VA unknown

Kyuranger-garu.jpg

Kyuranger-Rapter283.jpg

Kyuranger-champ.jpg
Kyuranger-balance.jpg

Last edited:
Would like to change his avatar
Not too crazy about the idea of costumed heroes. Ever since the Imagin, I've been afraid Toei will be like "Hey, we don't have to have actors anymore." It's bad enough villains are rarely actors anymore. Too bad the schedule of these shows doesn't leave room for prosthetic make-up, because actors in prosthetic make-up (Star Trek-style) would be better than just having full on rubber suits.

I was kinda hoping that, with so many members, that would have meant more diversity in who they cast. (For example: I was hoping for a couple of older actors and maybe some toku vets.)

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I'm not really surprised half the cast is suits though. They seem to be trying to have their proverbial cake and eat it: the advantage of a large team like Kyoryuger with more toys to sell, but without the cost of hiring more actors

Mad Skillz
Yeah I think 9 full time human actors would have been expensive and potentially exhausted the capacity for any extended supporting cast. As things stand, I'm not even sure every member will appear regularly. They're putting off on announcing the voice actors, so I hope they manage to get a decent bunch for the roles. (hey, maybe some can be voiced by toku veterans!)

Some kind of Beast mode
Wow..and you already know the villains are going to be rubber to the max. If they look anything like our heroes I don't think that'll be easy on the optical senses. I don't know what to make out of anything yet, which is kind of telling. The designs are literal, yet something abstract is emanating off of everything as whole.

Usually there is a steady flow of design year after year, and I can have some sort of accurate feeling. I guess I'm genuinely not sure what to expect given the aesthetic and presentation thus far. Very weird.

Since the team structure is very similar to Go-busters hopefully characters get decent screentime and focus

zxzrL4E.jpg

Go-busters just needs one more human and it's equal to Kyuranger

I'm surprised minute things from Go-busters are being used( considering that show failed )

But the main writer has written for go-busters so it sort of makes sense

So we've still got five Gokaiger-style human-looking-aliens plus four suit-only aliens who will no doubt mostly stay in the base to avoid attracting too much attention until/unless they're needed to fight. So we get it both ways - five actors as always but they can market it as being different and unusual.

Bit odd having a pink ranger that looks like Luckyuro's big sister though. :sweat:
I'm surprised minute things from Go-busters are being used( considering that show failed )
Eh, I guess expectations have been re-examined since then. Go-Busters didn't sell as many toys as Gokaiger but it did sell more than Goseiger. I'm pretty sure Bandai would have been more than happy if Zyuohger had managed to get toys sales equal to Go-Busters. I'm pretty sure the network would have been happy if Zyuohger had raised ratings back to Go-Busters' level too.

Last edited:
Nobuhiro Mouri is head writer? Ehh, that doesn't have me too excited because he's wildly inconsistent. On one hand, he wrote Kamen Rider #4 and that was fantastic. On the other, he wrote some of the weakest stuff out of Kamen Rider Gaim (Kamen Rider Knuckle, the Kikaider episode, Sengoku Movie Battle).

Unfortunately, I don't remember many of the episodes of Go-Busters or Ninninger he wrote except that he introduced "Pink Buster" in the former and he wrote all three episodes where Yakumo loved yokai or 10-year old girls in the latter.

Yeah, there is absolutely no way Toei will have all nine Rangers in every episode. The non-humans in the cast make that almost a guarantee. But I'm going to place a bet now that one of Pink's subplots will be a desire to become a normal human girl.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Nobuhiro Mouri is head writer? Ehh, that doesn't have me too excited because he's wildly inconsistent. On one hand, he wrote Kamen Rider #4 and that was fantastic. On the other, he wrote some of the weakest stuff out of Kamen Rider Gaim (Kamen Rider Knuckle, the Kikaider episode, Sengoku Movie Battle).

Unfortunately, I don't remember many of the episodes of Go-Busters or Ninninger he wrote except that he introduced "Pink Buster" in the former and he wrote all three episodes where Yakumo loved yokai or 10-year old girls in the latter.

Yeah, there is absolutely no way Toei will have all nine Rangers in every episode. The non-humans in the cast make that almost a guarantee. But I'm going to place a bet now that one of Pink's subplots will be a desire to become a normal human girl.

I thought Kamen Rider Knuckle had some good stuff in it. Putting aside the pantomime villain and the gratuitous forced romance, it did have some decent material for the titular character. Mouri did however write the awful final episode of Drive, the worse ToQger/Gaim crossover, and the OOO novel which was partially narrated by the Birth Driver ... yeah.

I wonder if Silver won't get the arc about wanting to be human since he supposedly comes from a planet where there are no emotions. Any such character inevitably gets a story where they wonder about, and finally develop, emotions ...