So episode seems to imply that Gai actualy is an Ultraman who can no longer transform on his own, hence using the cards. Could be interesting. Also, it was fun to get yet another small appearance from 'that guy who keeps turning up in toku shows'.

S

scikaiju

Another interesting episode. Even if the SSP side of things feel a little more on the comedic side than the last couple of episodes. Then again given the story of the episodes it make a sense for it to have a little more comedy. Again, talking about an effect shot, I love it when the shoot things to give the monster and battle a sense of scale. although it did answer the question I had on if Gai would just straight into Burnmight (Burnmite?) or form change somehow. On a side not I wonder when we'll see another VTOL member outside the girl's Uncle.

That's encouraging, as it means this streaming will be more likely to continue.

I'm actually enjoying Orb much more than X, and it's the toku show I enjoy most at the moment, over Zyuohger (still great, though) and Ex-Aid.

I hope the Orb Origin spinoff gets some sort of official release outside of Japan too. If Amazon don't think it'll fly outside Japan maybe Tsuburaya will be able to negotiate to put it out on Crunchy. *crosses fingers*

The final episode should be airing on the 24th, can't wait to see the finale.

I watched the finale, overall it was quote a fun show, looking forward to seeing the Origin special

D

Dr Kain

We just finished watching Orb. Overall, it was a great series. The last 9 episodes were highly enjoyable, especially the Black Star Coffee one. That was just great. I couldn't help but laugh my ass off when the alien dude says, "Monsters today are way too busy looking."

I'm not sure I buy the whole thing about Natasha being Naomi's great great grandma though as Naomi looked way too Japanese to be part European. Hell, her mother didn't even look remotely European either.

My favorite monster though was probably the samurai ghost thing.

The ending was great and I'm really surprised at how story driven this show was. Then again, I'm also amazed that it was only 25 episodes when these shows are normally 40-50-ish, so that also must have helped with how much story there was as had it been the normaly 50 episodes half of the show probably would have been just random battles.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I really loved the fight against Metron. I was waiting for him to say something like, "This feels nostalgic."

In the end, it was a solid series all of the way through and I will be buying it on BD if Crunchyroll ever releases it.

I just love this show, love it. Simple yet endearing, just like the teru-teru bozu monster. The stor arcs are focused, and everyone has a chance to shine, even Shibukawa doesn't fall into the annoying comedic character trope. Jetta and Shin almost gay scene is nice. And Gai's actors doesn't lose his performance once. It feels like he is confident on his own characterization.

This series is a high note for Tokusatsu in general, more so than Kamen Rider Amazons.

Mad Skillz
Orb is definitely my favorite Ultraman series at this point. There was a ton of care given to each episode and the cast were pretty fantastic - especially the SSP, who I thought were going to be somewhat annoying before the show began. I don't think there was enough focus given to Naomi, the press material read as if she was the main character, but I like where everyone ended up. Hideo Ishiguro in particular totally took me by surprise. Despite what me and my friends call his "Kermit" voice, the dude absolutely sells himself as this mysterious and aloof loner who can become a strong hero at a moment's notice.

The last tokusatsu shows I had so much fun watching were Gaim and ToQger. How much I enjoy the cast and how well the story is crafted tend to be the most important aspects of a series for me and I think Tsuburaya hit it out of the park with Orb. I'm not sure where I would rank it, but Orb has totally become one of my favorite tokusatsu shows of all time.

With that Ultraman Zeed stuff going on, I doubt there will ever be a sequel to Orb in series form, but I'd love to see more of this cast one day. At this point I'm just hoping the Origin Saga prequel series gets released stateside sooner rather than later. (the estimate I read was for sometime in the spring)