[video]https://youtu.be/l3Veek1EBAE[/video]

The Tokucast is back with Episode 20, Chouriki Sentai Ohranger! Join Marcus, Matt, and Jacob as they wallow in sadness for what this show could have been.

Join us on December 18th for Episode 21: Kamen Rider The First and The Next!

Got a Top 10 you want to see? A rant for us to go on? Let us know in the comments below!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tokucast/?fref=ts

All pictures are credit to: Super Sentai.com, The Super Sentai Wiki, and Pinterest!

I've seen this video. These guys believe that this series went downhill after the first 8 episodes. The sad part is that they might be right. :(

D

Dr Kain

The series wasn't THAT bad. Plus, that's not exactly true as there are a lot of great episodes still to be found. Hell, the 15th and 32nd episodes, for example. Not to mention the last four.

Oh, and then there is that Ohranger is still vastly superior to Go-Busters, Ninninger, ToQGer, Kyoryuger, Zyuohger, Goseiger, Shinkenger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, and Go-Onger.

Not Shinkenger. Shinkenger has better written characters and at least a consistent tone.

A recut Ohranger with only the good episodes, on the other hand... that might be better. But even then it would still suffer from lack of development of the original concept of ancient civilizations and hope over adversity. Riki would still be barely a character.

D

Dr Kain

Shinkenger might have a stronger ranger cast, but the amount of (CGI) mecha and the lackluster villains ruin the show. I'll take the development of Prince Buldont over that boring as **** Dokoku any day.

Secondly, as much as the mecha in Ohranger annoys me, at least they weren't getting some lame auxilary mech every other episode that is done in piss poor CGI. Nor did Ohranger have Clusterfuck-Oh.

Also, Ohranger's camera work is fantastic, which is something Shinkenger fails in outside of the final fight with Juuzo.

Lastly, Ohranger's episodes are only 17 minutes long and even the bad ones move quickly. Shinkenger's episodes are 23 minutes and drag on so much.

Shinkenger might have a stronger ranger cast, but the amount of (CGI) mecha and the lackluster villains ruin the show. I'll take the development of Prince Buldont over that boring as **** Dokoku any day.

Baranoia wasn't lackluster? They started out great (and still have some great moments, particularly when Bacchushund appears by himself) but soon devolved into sitcom family and Kakuranger-style antics that worked for that show but failed completely here. Buldont's development as you call it is only in the last couple of episodes and, honestly, doesn't compare to other shows. Though I don't doubt that the original plan had more for him and the rest to do.

Secondly, as much as the mecha in Ohranger annoys me

Why? Even if OhBlocker and TackleBoy were pointless, they still look nice. OhrangerRobo is unique just for the fact that it has two mechas that aren't animals or vehicles. At least back then they didn't feel the need to give animal features to everything that wasn't an animal mecha: King Pyramider would've been given the Lion HaOh treatment today and gotten some animal head attached to it.

Lastly, Ohranger's episodes are only 17 minutes long and even the bad ones move quickly. Shinkenger's episodes are 23 minutes and drag on so much.

With shows like Shinkenger, marathoning them rather than watching every week tend to make them a little better. I don't recall feeling that the middle was a drag so much as certain characters like Juuzo and Tayu were put to the side and had nothing done with their stories.

D

Dr Kain

I will agree that marathoning Shinkenger does improve the show a lot. However, you could pretty much cut both shows down to like 15 episodes and be golden.