LOVE the look of this so far, but not sure how some of them fit with the Zodiac theme. I guess Yellow could be Pisces, but how does Green as a Chameleon or Silver as a snake fit?

So far, I can make out:

Definite:

Red - Leo
Black - Taurus
Orange - Scorpio
Gold - Libra

Likely:

Yellow - Pisces (?)
Pink - Virgo (?)

Unclear:

Silver - ?? (Snake/Cobra doesn't match Zodiac)
Blue - ?? (Wolf doesn't match Zodiac)
Green - ?? (Chameleon match Zodiac)

The above also means there are six 'official' Zodiac signs unaccounted for - Aries, Gemini, Capricorn, Sagittarius, Cancer, and Aquarius - and arguably Ophiuchus. Interestingly, Ophiuchus is "the serpent bearer", which could fit Silver.

Random thought - of the nine Rangers we know so far, we have potentially six Zodiac, and three additional animals. Would they go so overboard as to have another nine, for the remaining six Zodiac and another three animals? Sentai within sentai!

LOVE the look of this so far, but not sure how some of them fit with the Zodiac theme. I guess Yellow could be Pisces, but how does Green as a Chameleon or Silver as a snake fit?

So far, I can make out:

Definite:

Red - Leo
Black - Taurus
Orange - Scorpio
Gold - Libra

Likely:

Yellow - Pisces (?)
Pink - Virgo (?)

Unclear:

The above also means there are six 'official' Zodiac signs unaccounted for - Aries, Gemini, Capricorn, Sagittarius, Cancer, and Aquarius - and arguably Ophiuchus. Interestingly, Ophiuchus is "the serpent bearer", which could fit Silver.

Random thought - of the nine Rangers we know so far, we have potentially six Zodiac, and three additional animals. Would they go so overboard as to have another nine, for the remaining six Zodiac and another three animals? Sentai within sentai!

Actually, the Pink Eagle is based on the Aquilla constellation, while Yellow is the Dolphin fish Dorado.
The remaining 8 Zodiac signs will probably show up as power up mecha to use for Super Zord combos.

Some kind of Beast mode
So, was it that painful for them to have had at least 3 girls instead of 2? With the typical character poses no less?

Or will we have our first female extra hero? I only ask that because all of these rangers have the same changer, and I doubt someone wouldn't come along with a new or at least re-colored changer. Regardless of how many rangers we already have.

This is cool a Knights of Zodiac ( I'm American so it's Saint Saiya everywhere else) based Super Sentei.

One of the Lord's Angels
Considering this Fake

Found this on the Rangerboard thread today.
15349821_10154331286674862_7008132941403469664_n.png

Considering this cast to be mostly faked because I've been looking at the 2ch boards for about a week now and found nothing at all. So, I don't know why this thing was put up but it's fake in my eyes. Also, other than Red, we don't really know which ranger will be voiced yet or which one will be actually be portrayed in human form and this picture is claiming that Orange, Gold, Silver, and Pink will all be voiced. Hoping that's not true but you never know. If you want to, go to Rangerboard or Rangercrew and read the names of these people because I will not. Also, I check on each biography of the actors and there's no way that ShishiRed will be portrayed by a 27-year-old actor. The last time someone past the age of 25 portrayed a Red Ranger was 2001 in Gaoranger. Plus, isn't OokamiBlue voiced based on what I've seen and read lately.

Those are some of the reasons why I consider this cast to be fake even though they may be right with one person. Like I said before, we have a 10-11% chance of being right with the Kyuranger cast since we're starting with 9 rangers. So everything right now is up in the air as to who will really be in Kyuranger. I'll be checking the 2ch boards for any real casting rumors and get back to you. As of right now, Takuma Zaiki is the only name that has been mentioned in the 2ch board. No one else has mention any casting rumors as of December 8, 2016. I'll keep my eyes post on the 2ch thread for more information.

UPDATE: Went back to 2ch and those people in the picture were mentioned in the board however...no color was mentioned. That means that it's most likely a fake. Whenever I see a color with the kanji of a possible actor that's when I consider it a real rumor. Going to keep looking at 2ch boards for more rumors. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
So, was it that painful for them to have had at least 3 girls instead of 2? With the typical character poses no less? Or will we have our first female extra hero?

We've already had Go-On Silver.

Mad Skillz
I doubt it'll happen anytime soon, especially not when Sentai are hurting for sales. Go-On Silver definitely doesn't count - there was still a male character alongside her. There has yet to be a female 6th who comes with her own dedicated toyline. (which is why after two years of bad sales, I don't think Bandai is going to try it)

I think either gold or silver are a female, just wearing a different sort of suit that doesn't totally match up with the rest of the team.

Unclear:

Silver is a snake, blue is a wolf, and green is a chameleon, yeah. You can tell what they are by looking at their Ranger names: WashiPink, HebisukaiSilver, TenbinGold, SasoriOrange, ShishiRed, OkamiBlue, OushiBlack, ChameleonGreen, and KajikiYellow. It's definitely not a zodiac Sentai

Some kind of Beast mode
Not to go completely off topic, but I'm curious as to just how bad these toy sales were. Have they been hurting from TQG onwards?

I can't lie, I love how even shoving toys in as much and as early is possible is starting to fail.

Not to go completely off topic, but I'm curious as to just how bad these toy sales were. Have they been hurting from TQG onwards?

I can't lie, I love how even shoving toys in as much and as early is possible is starting to fail.

Both Ninninger and Zyuohger have had some of the worst toy sales in Super Sentai history. The franchise is still in Bandai's top 5 top-selling brands, but mostly thanks to Power Rangers (I think it's behind Gundam, Yokai Watch, Kamen Rider, and Precure).

It's really a combination of several factors. Declining TV ratings, a declining birth rate, and I believe the stagnant economy have all really hurt Super Sentai's toy sales. I don't think it's an exaggeration when I say that Power Rangers is probably the only thing keeping it afloat.

Anyways, back on topic, I actually really dig the Kyuuranger designs. I also like the sound of this year's Sentai being a group of summoned warriors again. And hell, nine Rangers to start with? That's certainly a unique way to begin a Sentai series. Now, just gotta wait for the staff announcements before I can feel some legit excitement.