Currently finishing Gransazer and beginning Kakuranger. I'll start watching KR Blade next week.

I'm not sure I liked Kakuranger yet. All I can say for now is that Jiraya/Ninja Black is a very fun character and that Tsuruhime is gorgeous.

Toku Prime said:
So now I have to decide what to partner Ex-Aid up with. My current frontrunners are Legend of Galactic Heroes (I'm already watching it alongside Zyuohger, but it's sooo long), Kamen Rider Stronger, Winspector, or Gransazer. If anyone would like to chip in with their vote I'd be glad to hear it.

Between Winspector and Gransazer, I'd watch Gransazer (haven't watched LoGH or Stronger yet).

In my opinion, Gransazer has a better story (which is probably the most important aspect in a toku show for me). But the action scenes and the special effects are worse - I guess they suffer from a low budget, like Cybercops at the 80's -, so keep that in mind.

boogie woogie feng shui
Just got caught up with Akibaranger (I know, right?), making it the first Toku I've watched in years. I've also been revisiting some of the Kamen Rider movies, both Showa and Heisei, and I'm about to give Amazons a shot. I forgot how much fun this genre can be!

[OT] Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Ghost & Drive: Super Movie War Genesis
[TVN] Kamen Rider Ichigo

And with all of those Ghost-related movies out of the way...

[EXCITE!] Kamen Rider Ex-Aid #01
[MCS] Kamen Rider Stronger #01

Yeah, I tried the first episodes of my options and Stronger was the one that most grabbed me. Hudathunkit?

In case anyone is wondering why I haven't yet made the thread for Ex-Aid's latest episode, well...

[MFC] Uchū Keiji Gavan #34-44 (END)

That's taken all my free time this week. It's a show that takes a long time to find it's groove, and by the end I still don't think it's my favourite Metal Hero show. But Kenji Ohba's so damn charismatic that it's a fun show to watch.

Edit: apologies for the double post! :sweat:

It's morphin time! Dragonzord!
Kamen Rider ex aid episode 6

Ghost in the Shell Marathon

And even though I don't really like it just for clarity and context Heroes Reborn and that's taking up a lot of my time both marathons

[IS] Kyuukyuu Sentai GoGoV #49-50 (END)
[IS] Mirai Sentai Timeranger vs. GoGoV

FINALLY!!! I started GoGoV all the way back in April and now I've finally watched it all. Plus I've finally ticked off the last Vs Series entry that I hadn't seen.

With this out of the way, I guess I can race into December...
[HIDE]
Carrangers-white_racer.jpg
[/HIDE]

It's morphin time! Dragonzord!
I would definitely say GoGo V has a really good story and the Robos are really well designed I especially like Grand liner the only thing that falls short of the suits trust me I've seen worse but it feels like the designers got a little lazy only in my opinion

I would definitely say GoGo V has a really good story and the Robos are really well designed I especially like Grand liner the only thing that falls short of the suits trust me I've seen worse but it feels like the designers got a little lazy only in my opinion
Yeah the story is really strong. It's not trying to reinvent Sentai or anything but it avoids all the usual Sentai pitfalls like unearned power-ups etc and it really sucks you in. If there's one thing that stops it being absolute top-tier for me it's that I just didn't love the characters in the same way that I did with, for example, Megaranger. In particular there's something about the red ranger that really rubs me the wrong way. I'm not crazy on the robots, though I love the way Victory Robo combines (Green Hover hoisting Blue Thrower etc).

Currently bing watching Ultraman Orb through crunchyroll, pretty enjoyable show.]

[Haro] Gekisou Sentai Carranger #14-16
[Crunchy] Ultraman Ginga S #14-16 (END)
[mSubs] Ultraman Ginga S: Showdown! The 10 Ultra Warriors!!

Well, having avoided it for ages for fear that it could never live up to the hype it was getting, I've finally seen Ginga S and overall I enjoyed it. On the other hand, I'm not sure what to think of Carranger so far.

Last edited: