nPmyYKDl.jpg

CzahANIl.jpg
Comic-Con setup. More to come

dYFb7hLl.jpg

no8XCKvl.jpg
Dq6OEeHl.jpg
7jMxFDKl.jpg
gIAXygZl.jpg

The "Power Coins" are really low tech/not so polished like we normally expect them.

Action figures

WPseWbYl.jpg

Thanks for sharing!
And thank goodness this movie will not be an excuse to repackage the Legendary Mighty Morphin toys that have been coming out recently.

And may a line abou Edenoi and Masked Rider be dropped

Only if they just gut everything out of Masked Rider besides the designs as a basis, and loosely use Dex's back story will it work. Or just do a remake of Black/RX mixed together. There's no way they can keep Ferbus unless they turn it into an nonspeaking alien pet like John Carter has.

But no, I wouldn't want such shameless references in a movie that might be a one off. I'd rather Dex land on Earth in the post-credits scene of the second movie, then have a Masked Rider film alongside the third film. But honestly, I don't see the point of any movie to begin with unless they scrap everything stupid from the show altogether. Beetleborgs or VR Troopers on the other hand? That's the Guardians of the Galaxy, easily.

This movie should just deal with being its own thing until this gets off the ground.

[video=youtube;Q-C4qqsgs8w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-C4qqsgs8w[/video]

Trailer dropped.

Thoughts?

R

raden238

Teaser Trailer Review:

- I was not expecting such a dark and gritty tone for the movie. The show was about spandex superheroes fighting silly monsters. Why is there so much darkness in this movie? In the daytime scenes it even has that tinted look like Man of Steel/BvS from Zack Snyder. It reminds me of Fantastic Four 2015, with a bunch of teenagers getting powers etc....

- PG-13 Rating??? During the locker room scene you can see "*****" is scraped on it next to the "Die Ugly Loser!" comment. Kimberly rage cutting her hair is "depressing" to me. But it could be a lot worse considering this is a teenage high school problems movie.

- I do not like the way the Rangers have civilian superpowers outside of the suits. I know in the Disney-era plenty of Rangers had special abilities but here Billy and Jason got Luke Cage's powers?? Whats with the Marvel-like stuff??? Why do they even need to morph if they have these powers???

- Jason/Kimberly romance, then Tommy comes along and it becomes a love triangle SMH.

- It seems like all the Rangers have life problems. Jason in an apparent car accident, that killed someone. Billy, Trini and Kimberly being bullied. Zack having social problems?!?!?! He doesn't even talk in the trailer, guess hes the character getting cut/no screentime from this "group" movie.

- Billy's actor seems to be the best. I do like the way, all the Rangers have school problems and we're going to find out how they solve it. Its just taken to the extreme. Detention is such a horrible place?!?!?! Oh No lol...

- I am just taken away from the drastic change that they made from the show. I don't understand why they're trying so hard to be dark for a show thats like TMNT. The movie should be like the TMNT live-action movies. Faithful to the original, bringing in new ideas, while still keep a fun/mild-serious tone. TMNT movies were self-aware of its silly source material and didn't try to go beyond what it is. Power Rangers is just like that, but here it just seems like they're going overboard.

- For those fans that have been wishing for a "dark, gritty, serious" tone for Power Rangers, you got your wish and I hope ya'll enjoy it. I still want to watch the movie as soon as possible, to support the franchise. But this is not what I was expecting.