1_1.jpg

Let's make this showy!

On episode 2000: Yamato kicks Akaranger into the mud, Marvellous has seemingly encountered Deboss and Emperor Zed but none of the Kibaoni Clan (or Bunglay didn't rate them as being as nasty as the others), someone needs to tell Toei that while coattails swaying in the breeze does look cool, one random flap looks more like the wearer just farted, and Yamato BROKE THE MOON!!!

Also in random firsts, this is the first time a female Gokaiger has transformed using the male Shinken Red key, the first time we've seen the villain that kicked the Gokaiger's ass on the Zangyack homeworld, and the first time we've seen Denjiman's great power.

Tune in again in another 1000 episodes to see Navi's amazing adventures with Uncle Mario!

R

raden238

This is was great conclusion to the previous episode. It flew by so quickly. The Gokaigers and Zyuohgers team up and get straight into the action from beginning to end. Its worth noting a few canon events due to Bangray's memory powers, so it seems like the Gokaigers were around when the Kyoryugers and Toqgers were fighting Deboss and Zed. Also seems like the Greater power attacks of Super Sentai can work on all Sentai Mechas, not just Gokai-oh. It sad to see the Gokaigers leave again, they're just so cool to watch.

The episode didn't clearly explain it but it seems to imply that the Gokaigers returned to Earth, in order to help find the Zyuoh Whale powers for the Zyuohgers in their ongoing fight with the Deathgaliens. Which sounds awesome and a very Sentai righteous thing for the Space Pirates to do :laugh:. The Gokai changes were always a crowd pleaser to see.

I like the way they used the Gokaigers, much like how Kamen Rider uses Decade in later team-ups. Due to the history and everything that the Gokaigers have went through, its like they carry the Spirit of All Super Sentai whenever they come back. You may not need any returning Rangers for later Anniversary specials besides the Gokaigers. They tie-up everything from 1975 - the present and beyond. I would like to see the Gokaigers return in another 5 years for the 45th and do the Gokai changes of the Zyuohgers, Kyuuranger and the future Sentai to come. It would be so badass, if they keep up this tradition with all of Super Sentai.

I also loved the cute ending with Navi and Mario talking. We have to wait another 20 years to see the continuation of the Navi and Mario story :laugh:. This gets me thinking will Super Sentai be around in 2035?? Will Henshin Justice be around for me to write a response to this comment? :laugh:

Lurker
Another good episode, but I'm gonna be honest here, a bit lackluster for the 2000th episode.

- It's weird seeing Marvelous get jobbed twice, while Yamato is getting shilled (Not as bad as Daigo, Right, and Takaharu mind you) but seriously, he was holding back that entire fight?
- With that said, I love the interactions between everyone, especially Yamato and Marvelous.
- So, were the Gokaigers there to test the Zyuohgers... or not?
- Out of all the red-exclusive powerups in recent years, Zyuoh Whale is miles above them in terms of design (simple, yet elegant) and a showy finisher.
- The white Ackdos Gill is apparently called Gokdos Gill... but where did he come from?

R

raden238

Another good episode, but I'm gonna be honest here, a bit lackluster for the 2000th episode.

- It's weird seeing Marvelous get jobbed twice, while Yamato is getting shilled (Not as bad as Daigo, Right, and Takaharu mind you) but seriously, he was holding back that entire fight?
- With that said, I love the interactions between everyone, especially Yamato and Marvelous.
- So, were the Gokaigers there to test the Zyuohgers... or not?
- Out of all the red-exclusive powerups in recent years, Zyuoh Whale is miles above them in terms of design (simple, yet elegant) and a showy finisher.
- The white Ackdos Gill is apparently called Gokdos Gill... but where did he come from?

- Never underestimate Yamato :laugh:
- I interpreted the ending as the Gokaigers came back to Earth to help the Zyuohgers find the Zyuoh Whale gun and help them in their fight. The whole treasure thing was just a diversion.
- Zyuoh Whale's finisher looked soooo OP :laugh:. Makes me wonder if there gonna show that sequence for the rest of the series. That was a movie budget level finisher.
- In the episode, Gai said they encountered him during one of their post-season space adventures. Good enough explanation I for me.

The episode didn't clearly explain it but it seems to imply that the Gokaigers returned to Earth, in order to help find the Zyuoh Whale powers for the Zyuohgers in their ongoing fight with the Deathgaliens.
I thought it did more than imply it. Yamato straight-up asked them that, and while Marvellous denied it the smirks on the other Gokaiger's faces made it fairly clear it's why they had come. Besides, the running gag with Gokaiger has always been that they're pirates that never actually steal anything.
I would like to see the Gokaigers return in another 5 years for the 45th and do the Gokai changes of the Zyuohgers, Kyuuranger and the future Sentai to come. It would be so badass, if they keep up this tradition with all of Super Sentai.
I don't know if all six of them would come back forever (though given the leaked news about the next Sentai, maybe it won't be too long until we see Gokaiger again) but that's what AkaRed is for.
- It's weird seeing Marvelous get jobbed twice, while Yamato is getting shilled
Gokaiger was the first show I watched weekly and funnily enough at the time people were complaining that Marvellous made the previous Reds look weak by always beating them.

But it's the rule of toku franchises - the newest guy is always the strongest.
- In the episode, Gai said they encountered him during one of their post-season space adventures. Good enough explanation I for me.
The Gokaiger's own series ended with them leaving Earth and heading for the Zangyack homeworld to finish the Empire once and for all. Go-Busters vs Gokaiger revealed that the pirates actually lost(!) to the remaining Zangyack forces, which at that time were being lead by Bacchus Gill who appeared as a villain in that movie. I interpreted what Gai said to mean that this is the latest member of the Gill family to be crowned as Emperor, and presumably the Gokaigers' fight against the Empire continues on.

So all I'm hearing from these posts is that we really need more Gokaiger adventures then.

This was such a fun episode. All of the Gokaigers felt right at home and didn't miss a beat in the four years they've been gone (it helps that Junko Komura was a secondary writer on Gokaiger, so there is the consistency of having someone who wrote them before write them again). ZyuOh Whale is utterly ridiculous but in a good way. I mean, it's not every day that you see the moon have a chunk blown out of it.

It's weird, but I kinda hoped Navi would stick around. I can't explain why, but it'd be a nice nod (and also an excuse to bring the Gokaigers back just so they have to pick her up).

If I was Toei, I don't know if I would boast about Super Sentai eventually making it to 3000 episodes though.

Lurker
I'd even go so far and say that Zyuoh Whale and his gun is the strongest Ranger. Seriously, the episode was amazing, there was absolutely nothing bad about it.

If I had one issue I don't know what the hell Don and Ahim were doing chilling out to polish their swords and watch the Zyuohgers during the middle of a battle. That didn't really seem like the kind of thing they'd do.

If I had one issue I don't know what the hell Don and Ahim were doing chilling out to polish their swords and watch the Zyuohgers during the middle of a battle. That didn't really seem like the kind of thing they'd do.

exactly what I was thinking. Hakase, I can understand with his comic relief status but Ahim? she was hardly ever on the same boat (no pun intended) as him. anyway on topic regarding the episode... it felt rushed and that mecha battle plus finisher was meh. I like the interaction between Marvelous and Yamato, I'll admit that, but the rest of the Gokaigers felt like they were just there. you could tell they didn't take long to film their scenes. overall, it was nice to see the space pirates in full package again. now I demand for that Gokaiger V-Cinema to happen! (it was stated they had planned it, but it didn't come to fruit as they didn't expect the series to last until 51 episodes and also due to the number of movies they had to film.)

Shining~
- lol Marvelous at the beginning telling right away that all colors are correct

- Oh hey, that place again. The place where Mugen destroyed Liquid Ganmaizer, and the place where Starninger first show his transformation sequence.

- Nice, we do get a fight scene for those post-Gokaiger Gokai Change after all, as short as it is thanks to Gai ruining it xD

- that funny background event with Doc & Ahim xD

- Poor Leo getting hit from front and back :laugh:

- I like how they brought up the "people are human" thing again, it wasn't a forgotten line.

- .......since when Marvelous knew some of those bad guys?

- Love how they updated the Gokai Change into Gokaiger with their current look.

- Thanks for destroying a bit of the moon, Yamato xD

- Nice to finally see what Denjiman's Great Power is, though it's weird seeing Ranger Keys work that way.

- 3000th episode? That's too long, we won't even remember this episode by then :sweat:

- lol they completely forgot about Navi :laugh: