Bad comedy is not a Sentai thing. The Anime-esque humor is popular in modern Japanese media.
You see it everywhere, in talk shows, commercials, even drama series. It is simply a trend.

Toei is too cheap now these days to make monster suits for giant monsters in Kamen Rider. Toho and Tsuburaya Productions still makes their monsters done though suits.

Toho hasn't made that much films in this arena since Final Wars and Tsuburaya is only doing like a single show and a few films. Neither have been coming out with real hits that have seriously reconsidered doing more. Oh and BTW, the Gazer series stopped production around 2005, but if it continued to now, I doubt it would have bucked the trend of anime-inspired humor.

The series basically went back to the Showa, or what would be today's equivalent of that. However, if it becomes like Godzilla and people become tired of it, they'll just go back to the roots of the franchise yet again.

Definitely an issue.

For me it is disappointing the direction Kamen Rider is taking, not saying it has to be incredibly dark, but at least having a less comedic and zany approach than Sentai would be nice, if only for variety, and the franchise having an identity.

I love Super Sentai too, but Kamen Rider would be a lot better if was doing it's own thing with a different tone, and yes a bit darker, kids can handle much darker stuff than this.

That said, I know plenty do enjoy the current direction and don't mind, but for me Gaim isn't even of interest to me. Hope somebody with an interesting and different vision comes along in this franchise.

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
Well, technically, Kamen Rider is borrowing elements from the sentai in the Neo-Heisei era. But, they are not trying to be too much like the sentai.

Kamen Rider W is similar to Dekaranger (due of having detective theme)

EXCUSE ME! The DekaRangers are a POLICE force. W was a private, freelance detective for hire. One solves mysteries, the other actually has the power to arrest and throw people in jail (and in DekaRanger's case, act as judge and jury). I'd hardly call them similar. Maybe if W had a siren on his head, I'd believe you. If anything, you should have been comparing Drive to DekaRanger.

Kamen Rider OOO is similar to Gingaman (due of having a same writer)

...Really? I seriously fail to see how a triple-changing, nature-powered superhero that fights alchemy-created, 7-deadly-sins based super monsters is REMOTELY similar to nature guardians powered by super space animals to fight evil space pirates. Sure, there is an animal element, but that's hardly enough to make a worthy comparison.

Kamen Rider Fourze is similar to Megaranger (due of having take place high school and space)

MEGARANGER IS ABOUT VIDEO GAMES! NOT SPACE! I don't know why there is any kind of space-age elements. I haven't even watched the show because I'm waiting for the Shout Factory release, and even I KNOW that it's more about video games than space! How many times are people going to make this comparison?

Kamen Rider Wizard is similar to Magiranger (due of having magic)

I--Actually, that's a fair comparison to make. I'll give you this one, though I feel like MagiRanger was mostly profiting off the popularity of stuff like Harry Potter at the time...

Kamen Rider Gaim is similar to Shinkenger (due of samurai stuff)

...You know, I'm sensing a pattern. A pattern of someone who has never watched the shows but still feels like they know enough to make a comparison. How many differences should I list? How about how only one has a fruit theme, while the other has an origami theme? How about the fact that one was willing to handle heavier subjects like dealing with death and taking responsibility for murder? How about the fact that one pays homage to historical samurai while the other is lazily entertaining the idea of a literal modern samurai? How about the fact that the riders have an armored look from the start, while it takes a giant robot for the Shinkengers to start looking like an iconic samurai?

Look, I'm not going to say there aren't any similarities what so ever, because there are. And if using a small amount of assets helps Toei make the next show, be it the next Sentai or Rider, what's the harm? Because despite sharing a few similar thematic elements, there is still just enough changes that it's not really fair to call them the same, nor is it fair to say one show is turning into the other. I still think some of the "darker" or "more serious" elements that defined Kamen Rider is there. And what's so wrong with changing things up every once in a while? Not everything can be serious or kiddy 100% of the time; that's just boring and predictable.

And even if I thought Kamen Rider and Super Sentai were having identity issues, what's Toei going to do about it? Sue themselves? It's their creation. Let them recycle as much as they want. I'll hold my complaints until a show's story and elements are actually the same, beat for beat, as one of its predecessors.

MEGARANGER IS ABOUT VIDEO GAMES! NOT SPACE! I don't know why there is any kind of space-age elements. I haven't even watched the show because I'm waiting for the Shout Factory release, and even I KNOW that it's more about video games than space! How many times are people going to make this comparison?
Sorry, Samurai. When you finally watch Megaranger you'll discover that it isn't about video games. The rangers have suit powers themed after digital technology (PC, digital camera etc) and space-themed mecha, but the show ignores all of that as much as possible so that it could be all about high school and youth.

Video games are really only plot-related during the very first episode, and even then it's just the excuse to get a morpher on the red ranger's wrist. Then the remainder of the episode is them trying to get to a rocket before it takes off. :sweat:

While it's nothing like 'Power Rangers In Space', the OP's claim of "high school and space" would be more accurate than video games. Either way, it's a really fun series.
...You know, I'm sensing a pattern. A pattern of someone who has never watched the shows but still feels like they know enough to make a comparison.
Erm...ironic?

Treasure Cards of the Underworld
Just felt a need to point out that the points being discussed now are already three years old, given their posting time-stamp.