...wow, looking at those scans, I don't have much hope for it.
I hate the design of suit and belt, but I might get used to it.
I give originality to video game motif, which haven't used in Kamen Rider, so that might held my interest a bit.
I'm expecting this to be REALLY silly like Fourze and OOO; which I'm not a fan of.
I have a fear that this might be my least favorite Phase 2 Rider series, but we'll see.

I'm expecting this to be REALLY silly like Fourze and OOO; which I'm not a fan of.
I have a fear that this might be my least favorite Phase 2 Rider series, but we'll see.

Out of interest, how much of OOO did you watch? Because it's not a series I'd class as silly. It seemed like that for a couple of episodes, what with the bright colours and the jingles, but from then on it was one of the more serious neo-heisei series IMO. Certainly more so than something like wizard, which somehow managed to be sillier despite having a much darker subject matter.

R

raden238

The scans don't seem to indicate any Rider War yet. So maybe they are saving that for later in a story arc. I'm guessing all the Riders are fighting the Bugstars to score "points" (i.e. to further the plot of the show). The suit designs aren't bad for the level 2 form changes. The level 1 mascot looking suits are just silly and I'm sure the show will use them for laughs. Hopefully we don't see a whole lot of those mascot suits. The supporting cast just screams Drive to me, so I'm sure its another comedic heavy based show just like Ghost and Drive.

OOO was actually pretty serious and "normal" for Rider standards. Fourze was silly at times but the show had its serious moments. I'll definitely say Ghost is pretty silly. The show went with the "educational, happy ghost" theme, instead of the "traditional horror ghost" theme. It could of had the Kiva tone to it but instead it was plaque with comedic relief moments. Even though Ghost isn't finished yet, I'll can say its my least favorite Phase 2 Heisei show. Fourze and Wizard aren't that good either but even those shows had some redeeming value. Ghost just feels repetitive and the cast is awful.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
The scans don't seem to indicate any Rider War yet. So maybe they are saving that for later in a story arc. I'm guessing all the Riders are fighting the Bugstars to score "points" (i.e. to further the plot of the show). The suit designs aren't bad for the level 2 form changes. The level 1 mascot looking suits are just silly and I'm sure the show will use them for laughs. Hopefully we don't see a whole lot of those mascot suits. The supporting cast just screams Drive to me, so I'm sure its another comedic heavy based show just like Ghost and Drive.

We don't know that there will ever be a "Rider War." Maybe there will just be a series of individual conflicts.

Asuna seems like a copy of Kiriko: hero's partner, cutesy uniform, gives the lead Rider his belt, even looks like Rio Uchida. Other than that, the supporting cast reminds me more of Gaim, especially with an obviously dodgy young man heading up an obviously dodgy mysterious corporation.

OOO was actually pretty serious and "normal" for Rider standards. Fourze was silly at times but the show had its serious moments. I'll definitely say Ghost is pretty silly. The show went with the "educational, happy ghost" theme, instead of the "traditional horror ghost" theme. It could of had the Kiva tone to it but instead it was plaque with comedic relief moments. Even though Ghost isn't finished yet, I'll can say its my least favorite Phase 2 Heisei show. Fourze and Wizard aren't that good either but even those shows had some redeeming value. Ghost just feels repetitive and the cast is awful.

"Traditional" to what? Ghost uses plenty of traditional themes in relation to death - just that they're Japanese themes. It explores people's reactions to death in a way that's easy for a child to understand and can be helpful. (My father died when I was a kid, and I wish I'd had a show like Ghost to watch at that time.) Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it has "no redeeming value", especially for the target audience. I also think it's less zany than Fourze but maybe that's just my view ...

OOO is a more "serious" show by post-Decade standards, but still less so compared to early Heisei. I don't think we're ever going to get that in the main show again.

OOO is a more "serious" show by post-Decade standards, but still less so compared to early Heisei. I don't think we're ever going to get that in the main show again.

We got Gaim, which was on the whole more serious (all be it starting with Kouta making terrifying faces at the camera in the early episodes). In terms of the future, I guess it just depends what happens money-wise.
Toei's current response to slumping sales has been to try and make rider more toyetic. If the sales continue to fall, they may come to the conclusion that that strategy isn't working, and switch it up.

I'm starting to doubt that there is going to be a Rider war, especially if the Riders are all doctors. To where their goal is to save lives.