More from the twitters: Promo pictures for the Ex-Aid/Ghost movie.
[HIDE] CpIgt24UEAA_owQ.jpg

CpIgvA3UIAAVKIF.jpg

CpIgvmsUAAAJE3I.jpg[/HIDE]

Lurker
There's change and experimentation, and then there's losing the essence of the character/franchise. Trying different things can only go so far. Zack Snyder's take on Superman is different, but most people would say that it forgets what Superman/Clark Kent is. Rider these days is choking on wacky hijinks and garish merchandise. (Not merchandise per say, but stuff that doesn't even try to pretend not to be loud toys.) Sentai's almost a lost cause at this point, compared to its heyday back in the 80s and 90s.

Kamen Rider is a series of shows that each have their own hero, their own story, and their own way of telling it. Like, I can see where you're coming from but that comparison isn't quite applicable here.

Your talk of "choking on wacky hijinks" and "garish merchandise that doesn't try to pretend not to be loud toys", those are OPINIONS, not objective facts. I - and others - happen to like what we're getting, so telling me that what we're getting is BAD is kind of not working as an argument. I know what I like isn't wrong - it's what appeals to me.

As for whether or not Kamen Rider's currently like its past, it's... kind of a pointless argument, isn't it? It's subjective semantics. When we're talking about a kid's show about fun superheroes, I'mmm just gonna watch the show if it appeals to me or stop watching it if it doesn't. No one's gonna reward me for defending what I've decided is "what it's supposed to be".

Last edited:
Extreme Perfect Complete Ultimate !
But since when exactly kamen rider became fun, and break the traditional value of being a rider show???

*omg i sound like kamasdasdn...
Ok guys, stop right there Lol

Kamen Rider is a series of shows that each have their own hero, their own story, and their own way of telling it. Like, I can see where you're coming from but that comparison isn't quite applicable here.

Your talk of "choking on wacky hijinks" and "garish merchandise that doesn't try to pretend not to be loud toys", those are OPINIONS, not objective facts. I - and others - happen to like what we're getting, so telling me that what we're getting is BAD is kind of not working as an argument. I know what I like isn't wrong - it's what appeals to me.

As for whether or not Kamen Rider's currently like its past, it's... kind of a pointless argument, isn't it? It's subjective semantics. When we're talking about a kid's show about fun superheroes, I'mmm just gonna watch the show if it appeals to me or stop watching it if it doesn't. No one's gonna reward me for defending what I've decided is "what it's supposed to be".

You're not really making an argument, either. All you did was say "it's an opinion". And? There may as well not be a discussion board if that's going to be the standard response to anyone who criticizes a show for any reason.

What seems like a small plot summary for Ex-Aid in those Ex-Aid x Ghost movie images mentions a Battle Game that makes it to the real world, following up by saying that, in the movie, a "Super Dimensional Game Rider Battle" will begin. Also, apparently the movie will be the climax of Super Hero Year, celebrating the Rider and Sentai anniversaries.

How badly is Zyuohger performing? If it's performing as badly as Ninninger or Go-Busters, then I simply don't see how Toei can justify keeping Super Sentai around for much longer.

1st quarter sales were significantly bellow Ninninger's, somehow.

What seems like a small plot summary for Ex-Aid in those Ex-Aid x Ghost movie images mentions a Battle Game that makes it to the real world, following up by saying that, in the movie, a "Super Dimensional Game Rider Battle" will begin. Also, apparently the movie will be the climax of Super Hero Year, celebrating the Rider and Sentai anniversaries.
It kinda sounds like in addition to including the usual legend rider versions of toys they're trying to include a tie-in to the SummonRide game, a Skylander/Amiibo style game that uses both Rider figures and medal-like 'Ride Chips'.

Now, count up your crimes!
I'd agree with Lazycoconut there was some apparent flaws with Drive. But for me? Medic. How they handled her redemption. It made her look the most Mary Sue possible. Not only did they suddenly reveal that she was originally purehearted and this is apparently the form that Heart admire which was not mentioned until that point. And suddenly Shinnosuke is sympathizing for her despite her experimenting on Chase AND killing off a Roidmude who wanted to live with humans in peace.