Is it best that toei and bandai should cancel Kr and ss and make a new one?

If Sentai were to go away, I don't think it'd be permanent. I'm sure Toei would do some sort of project every few years or so like an anniversary V-cinema or a crossover movie. I think it'd become something like what Metal Heroes are now. Toei could even try a shorter yet still kid-friendly series here and there, maybe on platforms aside from television.

I think it's too soon to say for certain what will happen to Super Sentai. We'll see if the Power Rangers movie does well and enhances the brand as a whole; thus giving Saban reason to keep the franchise in America afloat, or if it flops and puts Saban in the outhouse; thus cutting off that extra money flow from the US. I don't have much of an idea just how well recent seasons of Power Rangers have been performing but it seems to be held back by Nickelodeon's ridiculous 20-episode season cap, and I know it went through years of severely negative backlash over the poor quality of Samurai through Super Megaforce.

Before I start to sound too much like a broken record, I'll just sum my points up and say "wait and see", but I don't believe Super Sentai's future is rock solid.

If Sentai were to go away, I don't think it'd be permanent. I'm sure Toei would do some sort of project every few years or so like an anniversary V-cinema or a crossover movie. I think it'd become something like what Metal Heroes are now. Toei could even try a shorter yet still kid-friendly series here and there, maybe on platforms aside from television.

I think it's too soon to say for certain what will happen to Super Sentai. We'll see if the Power Rangers movie does well and enhances the brand as a whole; thus giving Saban reason to keep the franchise in America afloat, or if it flops and puts Saban in the outhouse; thus cutting off that extra money flow from the US. I don't have much of an idea just how well recent seasons of Power Rangers have been performing but it seems to be held back by Nickelodeon's ridiculous 20-episode season cap, and I know it went through years of severely negative backlash over the poor quality of Samurai through Super Megaforce.

Before I start to sound too much like a broken record, I'll just sum my points up and say "wait and see", but I don't believe Super Sentai's future is rock solid.

True and i agree the sentai franchise will end up like metal heroes lead to its extinction and have a sentai spinoff aimed for younger audience possibly for edutainment and will air on youtube only and replacing it will be some kid-friendly franchise maybe based on robocon,Kabutack and Robotack and it will happen when the power rangers movie next year will turn into a complete failure making ninja steel as nickelodeons final season causing saban brands to forcefully end the power rangers franchise.But on the bright side at least the MMPR comic books by boom gain positive reception.

Is that from Looney Tunes?

If Sentai were to go away, I don't think it'd be permanent. I'm sure Toei would do some sort of project every few years or so like an anniversary V-cinema or a crossover movie. I think it'd become something like what Metal Heroes are now. Toei could even try a shorter yet still kid-friendly series here and there, maybe on platforms aside from television.[/I].

But is that something Toei could really keep doing?
If the smaller, completely original shows fail to be that popular, is it really worth doing over and over? They were able to experiment and give us Metal Heroes and other shows because Super Sentai and Kamen Rider were their successful, long lasting franchises they could always fall back on. There was always something to pick up the slack in case the new ideas didn't pan out.
And if the occasional Super Sentai or Kamen Rider specials or movies do really well, wouldn't that be incentive enough to try and bring it back as yearly TV show again? I've seen that happen before. Studios release an OVA or mini series, and it gets so popular that people want more.

True and i agree the sentai franchise will end up like metal heroes lead to its extinction and have a sentai spinoff aimed for younger audience possibly for edutainment and will air on youtube only and replacing it will be some kid-friendly franchise maybe based on robocon,Kabutack and Robotack and it will happen when the power rangers movie next year will turn into a complete failure making ninja steel as nickelodeons final season causing saban brands to forcefully end the power rangers franchise.But on the bright side at least the MMPR comic books by boom gain positive reception.

Being a little pessimistic there, don't you think? The Power Rangers movie hasn't even premiered yet. At least let the movie speak for itself before judging it. This doesn't have to share the same fate as the new Ghostbusters movie, after all. And I think Toei could do better than making something for just YouTube. That online exclusive stuff is not something they usually rely on too much.

Yeah, I'm not saying the Power Rangers movie is a surefire failure. It just has a LOT to prove if it wants audiences onboard since this year's grosses have shown that moviegoers are becoming much pickier about what they see.

SamuraiEchidna said:
If the smaller, completely original shows fail to be that popular, is it really worth doing over and over? They were able to experiment and give us Metal Heroes and other shows because Super Sentai and Kamen Rider were their successful, long lasting franchises they could always fall back on. There was always something to pick up the slack in case the new ideas didn't pan out.
And if the occasional Super Sentai or Kamen Rider specials or movies do really well, wouldn't that be incentive enough to try and bring it back as yearly TV show again? I've seen that happen before. Studios release an OVA or mini series, and it gets so popular that people want more.

True. Somewhere down the line, I could see Toei bringing the yearly series format back after some large amount of time off. After all, that's exactly what they did with Kamen Rider. If the market and demand is there in the future, then Toei and Bandai will absolutely capitalize on it.

Last edited:
Is that from Looney Tunes?
Yep.

Being a little pessimistic there, don't you think? The Power Rangers movie hasn't even premiered yet. At least let the movie speak for itself before judging it. This doesn't have to share the same fate as the new Ghostbusters movie, after all. And I think Toei could do better than making something for just YouTube. That online exclusive stuff is not something they usually rely on too much.[/QUOTE]

Yeah,You have a good point there.

Being a little pessimistic there, don't you think? The Power Rangers movie hasn't even premiered yet. At least let the movie speak for itself before judging it. This doesn't have to share the same fate as the new Ghostbusters movie, after all. And I think Toei could do better than making something for just YouTube. That online exclusive stuff is not something they usually rely on too much.

Well,Actually The ghostbusters movie proved the haters wrong and that it is it's own movie because their jokes are good.And to honestly tell you the truth i like the patty slapping the possessed abby part.

Yeah, I'm not saying the Power Rangers movie is a surefire failure. It just has a LOT to prove if it wants audiences onboard since this year's grosses have shown that moviegoers are becoming much pickier about what they see.

True but sadly that will never happen.

True. Somewhere down the line, I could see Toei bringing the yearly series format back after some large amount of time off. After all, that's exactly what they did with Kamen Rider. If the market and demand is there in the future, then Toei and Bandai will absolutely capitalize on it.

yeah,My thoughts exactly.

Lurker
. I mean, Super Sentai already obviously gets the short end of the stick compared to Kamen Rider. Kamen Rider has a better time slot, three feature length movies a year, multiple video specials a year, more "prestigious" crossovers, and the actors usually have much better careers.

So true. KR has had a movie bringing the first rider back, a side series, and a rumored V-Cinema for Blade. SS... Blu-ray sets of its 1996-2013 movies (most being upscales) and cameos by Sha-fu, Doggie Kruger, and Torino in the summer movie.

I have faith SS & KR will be around for a while, but I understand how things can turn if toy sales are bad for a while. I've liked the recent series (although Ninninger left a lot to be desired), but I wouldn't at least a minor shake up (maybe something like Ryuki with multiple teams). However, I doubt a hiatud would automatically make things better. I'm hoping both shows go for a while so fingers crossed.

So true. KR has had a movie bringing the first rider back, a side series, and a rumored V-Cinema for Blade. SS... Blu-ray sets of its 1996-2013 movies (most being upscales) and cameos by Sha-fu, Doggie Kruger, and Torino in the summer movie.

Goodpoint

I have faith SS & KR will be around for a while, but I understand how things can turn if toy sales are bad for a while. I've liked the recent series (although Ninninger left a lot to be desired), but I wouldn't at least a minor shake up (maybe something like Ryuki with multiple teams). However, I doubt a hiatud would automatically make things better. I'm hoping both shows go for a while so fingers crossed.

Yeah I agree and if the hiatus comes i hope both shows will get better when they come back from hiatus.

The last time Kamen Rider went on a hiatus was for 11 years, to where they have to figure out how to bring an old franchise into the 21st century. Which is what we have now with the Heisei Riders.

The last time Kamen Rider went on a hiatus was for 11 years, to where they have to figure out how to bring an old franchise into the 21st century. Which is what we have now with the Heisei Riders.

Yeah.But what they now did was too repetitive with too many multi riders.