Eeyup!!

I think this show is going to bring the term helmet-hair to a different LEVEL (nyeh hehe)

D

Dr Kain

We need more Den-O level hijinks in the world at this time

What are you talking about? We have had Den-O level hijinks since Den-O. And Ghost and Drive upped it even more than before.

It's time to get a serious Kamen Rider series again. And no, Amazons doesn't count because that is not THE Kamen Rider series for the year, that was a side series.

Henshin a Go-Go!!
Personally I don't like the big "Gamer Driver" sticker on the belt...because it reminds me of supersoakers and other toys I used to play with as a kid, and oh yeah that's the whole point of the belt isn't it? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think the reason some of us don't like it is that we're used to big stickers or decos like that is that as kids whenever that kind of thing was done on the toy it usually;
A: Made the toy inaccurate
B: Felt like it was there to just fill space
C: Was used as a cheap way to compensate for lack of paint.
Really growing up in the 90's/00's has kind of made us develop a natural aversion because over here it gets associated with cheapness.

- Does anyone else think that the green collar Ex-Aid has is a reference to the warp pipes from Mario? Or is it just me?

I mean one of his sidearms two forms is a hammer so it's entirely possible.

Lurker
There's also the lovely Mario reference of becoming a larger version of himself when he powers up.

Wow. An SD Rider, only in reverse.

BTW, am I the only one that thinks the color scheme is too much? I like hot pink and all, but with splashes of lime green? Too much. It kind of hurts the eyes, honestly. It's never a good idea to pair a vibrant color with another vibrant color like that. I've seen warm colors paired with cool colors, and I'll let that slide, but green isn't exactly a cool color. It's one of those blended colors that can be either warm or cool.

Also, I'm not going to make a big deal about the helmet hair or anime eyes. Yes, I wish they did look more like traditional Rider eyes, but I'm going to let the show speak for itself first. It just might surprise me.

Hmm... It's been 11 series between Hibiki and this. Maybe this will be a reoccurring thing with Toei where every decade or so, they experiment with looks and give the new Riders a design that breaks tradition? I think I can live with that.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I think it's either Ohmori or Takebe. In one case, you've got a producer who did a really good job working with her main writer on Gaim and caring enough to get rid of things like forced two parters. Ohmori's more of the wild card. He's only done two shows, of which I've only enjoyed one (Kyoryuger). I want Ex-Aid not to be anything like Drive and have characters with a layer of depth to them that I don't think was present in the investigation team Drive had.

Yeah, out of the two I'm rooting for Takebe. I've had a hunch for a while that Ohmori would head up the 2017 Sentai - after Kyoryuger, he's an obvious pick in a year when they'll be pushing hard for toy sales (with Ninninger still fresh in the memory and the last two series after an anniversary both being commercial flops)

Last edited:
Otaku University Student
Woah! Look what has happened in just these past couple of days when I was away from the forums! Honestly, this has actually filled me with quite a bit of hope. We're finally back to the gimmicks having their own sounds! Woo-hoo! (^o^)

Okay, everyone's been talking about the suits, but let's take some time to analyze the toys. It seems to incorporate quite a number of aspects from the previous Rider series:

- Collectibles are based on game software that have their own lights and sounds.
- LED Panel from Fourze (now switchable, as they're connected to the collectible). From the looks of it, it seems that the translucent panels overlap and are reflected into the center panel via a mirror. Pretty cool.
- Maximum Drive Slot from Double Driver.
- Upgrade/Mix-and-Match feature with two collectibles from Double Driver.
- Attached collectible older from Drive and others.

My one worry is that there seems to be way too many forms for all the different Riders right out of the bat. Many of which, I fear, will become throwaway and redundant. At this point, really don't want the forms to be the force that drives the plot. For what it's worth, W and Gaim did a phenomenal job of integrating them into the story.

Extreme Perfect Complete Ultimate !
Oh, and you know what i've recently realized??
The helmet resembles some of the over the top hairstyles!!
Exaid with its anime-ish hair, brave with ponytail, snipe with emo shitty hair, and racer....a fukin MOHAWKK!! WOWW!!

There's no hope for this series aesthetically..
Toy-wise though, it was veeerry clear they want a gaim 2.0

So yeahh, i can only hope one last thing then..
give me a GOD TIER headwriter like the butcher!!!

Mad Skillz
There's no hope for this series aesthetically..

Speak for yourself. I think the show will at least look fantastic. I genuinely think the suits are very well designed, no nostalgia or "so bad it's good" attached to it at all.

Pink and green is actually a pretty smart choice, it's not a combo you see often but they're near perfect complimentary colors.