The themes, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) is chosen based on discussion on both parties. Whether it is serious or goofy, it is based on both parties' decision - like what's popular with kids and what kids like. Kids of today and kids of back then are way different. Different strokes for different folks as the old saying goes.

And how many Ultraman shows have you watch Kam? True, recent Ultraman has shorten to half of what it is used to, but that's because of budget issues as well as other things Tsuburaya is facing. Ultraman would usually (then) be like in the range of 40 to 50.

Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto
Now there's a point worth contesting. It's not ****, if you ask me and quite a few of my friends. It's campy, it's different, but I do think an earnest attempt COULD be made to combine the old with the new. Hell, Wizard, from what I've seen and been told, was quite Showa-esque in it's campiest moments.

I do acknowledge that it's still subjective but there are good reasons as to why we're way past trying to revive the formula in any way. If it was worth bringing back I'm sure it would have been fully fleshed out at some point. Wizard being Showa-esque in its campiest moments is hardly a good thing.

A main issue with the old formula is that there's no way to integrate it with the modern one just because of they way the two are. They're like oil and water.

Well, you could count Amazons bringing that formula back in a very small scale (not counting the multi-rider concept of course).

The themes, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) is chosen based on discussion on both parties. Whether it is serious or goofy, it is based on both parties' decision - like what's popular with kids and what kids like. Kids of today and kids of back then are way different. Different strokes for different folks as the old saying goes.

And how many Ultraman shows have you watch Kam? True, recent Ultraman has shorten to half of what it is used to, but that's because of budget issues as well as other things Tsuburaya is facing. Ultraman would usually (then) be like in the range of 40 to 50.

If it's bandai alone,toei alone or both either way shouldn't they focus more on serious themes like chinese animals,flying birds ,planets ,nature elements,kung fu etc and less goofy themes like television,kitchen items,downloads,pencils? etc I mean i understand they aim for the younger demographic but these silly items don't fit into realism then again toei's tokusatsu series an even ultra series don't fit into realism at all.

And speaking of ultra series, What you said about the reason why the episodes of the Ultraman series were shortened to half because of budget issues i see what you mean but what they did is a good choice,If toei (and bandai) should followed that type of system tsuburaya used then they should have not only saved the budget and improved the storyline of their shows but also help to make the budget increase.

And if the Tsuburaya's budget issues are not there well i see what you mean they will end up like toei.

I do acknowledge that it's still subjective but there are good reasons as to why we're way past trying to revive the formula in any way. If it was worth bringing back I'm sure it would have been fully fleshed out at some point. Wizard being Showa-esque in its campiest moments is hardly a good thing.

A main issue with the old formula is that there's no way to integrate it with the modern one just because of they way the two are. They're like oil and water.

Hmm that could be true,Maybe they could have modernize it with a dash of heisei tokusatsu elements so that it could have been shows like how kuuga did (i think)and If toei and bandai focus more on serious themes with the insect motif and motorcycles and to "reconstruct" the showa era to the modern audience like how doctor who and star trek (the next generation era) did then they should use the cyborg route and if it does i say just two riders only not multi riders because it's not kamen "riders" its kamen "rider", One primary rider will be full cyborg because his skeleton turned mechanic because of some strange effect he got from the big bad and a secondary rider will be a normal person but with mechanical robot prosthetic arm (like riderman) making them both as polar opposites.

Well, you could count Amazon's bringing that formula back in a very small scale (not counting the multi-rider concept of course).

True, though it has the secondary riders element in it and will happen again in the second season but it was there for a good reason and the series was considered as a worthy successor to the original amazon series.I wonder if the original amazon (or at least the original actor Tōru Okazaki)will appear in the second season to (Spoiler alert) give a motivational speech to Haruka (amazon omega) to regain his spirits in protecting both humanity and the Amazonz species.

If it's bandai alone,toei alone or both either way shouldn't they focus more on serious themes like chinese animals,flying birds ,planets ,nature elements,kung fu etc and less goofy themes like television,kitchen items,downloads,pencils? etc I mean i understand they aim for the younger demographic but these silly items don't fit into realism then again toei's tokusatsu series an even ultra series don't fit into realism at all.

You just answered your own question.

And speaking of ultra series, What you said about the reason why the episodes of the Ultraman series were shortened to half because of budget issues i see what you mean but what they did is a good choice,If toei (and bandai) should followed that type of system tsuburaya used then they should have not only saved the budget and improved the storyline of their shows but also help to make the budget increase.

And if the Tsuburaya's budget issues are not there well i see what you mean they will end up like toei.

I'm actually glad Tsuburaya is shaking things up once again, even though it involves the toys more this time around. (Now if Bandai starts to meddle and making Ultraman transform with the power of vehicles and what not, we're going to have a problem...You hear me Bandai?!)

Hmm that could be true,Maybe they could have modernize it with a dash of heisei tokusatsu elements so that it could have been shows like how kuuga did (i think)and If toei and bandai focus more on serious themes with the insect motif and motorcycles and to "reconstruct" the showa era to the modern audience like how doctor who and star trek (the next generation era) did then they should use the cyborg route and if it does i say just two riders only not multi riders because it's not kamen "riders" its kamen "rider", One primary rider will be full cyborg because his skeleton turned mechanic because of some strange effect he got from the big bad and a secondary rider will be a normal person but with mechanical robot prosthetic arm (like riderman) making them both as polar opposites.

Even if it's a singular pronoun, doesn't mean it should just have one character as a protagonist. Stories nowadays tend to have more than one to go along with the primary protagonist. One character can't carry a story all by themselves.

True, though it has the secondary riders element in it and will happen again in the second season but it was there for a good reason and the series was considered as a worthy successor to the original amazon series.I wonder if the original amazon (or at least the original actor Tōru Okazaki)will appear in the second season to (Spoiler alert) give a motivational speech to Haruka (amazon omega) to regain his spirits in protecting both humanity and the Amazonz species.

Yes please!!

You just answered your own question.

I did? :O_O:

I'm actually glad Tsuburaya is shaking things up once again, even though it involves the toys more this time around. (Now if Bandai starts to meddle and making Ultraman transform with the power of vehicles and what not, we're going to have a problem...You hear me Bandai?!)

True,at least it's not "merchandise driven" like toei's rival franchise the current ultra series just stick to their old tradition since the original ultraman series. And i agree we don't want some vehicle transformed ultraman series in the franchise After all ultraman is Japan's own superman.

Even if it's a singular pronoun, doesn't mean it should just have one character as a protagonist. Stories nowadays tend to have more than one to go along with the primary protagonist. One character can't carry a story all by themselves.

That is true but during the beginning of the heisei era that is kuuga there was one powered being with too many non- powered allies who helped in his battle before agito made the multi rider thing,So what's wrong with doing this again for one future kamen rider season and can you imagine what a future super sentai series like without their traditional mecha or a sixth sentai soldier thing ,many current fans think that's it's not a real super sentai series

Yes please!!

I hope the spinoff will make a connection to the original in its second season.

Yes. Check where I bold on your quote.

As for your question about Rider should go solo again, again many times, people have tell you the reasons. I'm going to have my say as well, so listen carefully: it can't be done (at least for the main Sunday series). One Rider doesn't cut it more; they need the merchandise to sell and what better way then to have more than one Rider? They get the toys shell out, get them sold, get money to make more shows. They can't and it will be unlikely to be done in the nearest future. If they want to do it like that again, they can do something like Amazons. But NOT for the main Sunday series.

Ya ken?

Yes. Check where I bold on your quote.

You know you maybe right when i said that "toei's tokusatsu series and even ultra series don't fit into realism at all" that explains why the board decides to put silly items to the kamen rider and super sentai themes,Wonder what will happen if the same thing happens to ultra series.

As for your question about Rider should go solo again, again many times, people have tell you the reasons. I'm going to have my say as well, so listen carefully: it can't be done (at least for the main Sunday series). One Rider doesn't cut it more; they need the merchandise to sell and what better way then to have more than one Rider? They get the toys shell out, get them sold, get money to make more shows. They can't and it will be unlikely to be done in the nearest future. If they want to do it like that again, they can do something like Amazons. But NOT for the main Sunday series.

You may have a good point about the reason why they cannot use a single rider for their toy merchandise it's similar to people when they are not interested in one potato chips that have only one flavour salt they try another flavour which is either peanut butter flavored or cheese flavored.If only if the company can find some way for the viewers to get interested in a single rider show again with proper storyline then kids who are customers will buy toy items related to a single rider.I mean i wish this type of story which was used in amazon should be used on the main sunday ones ,if only.

Anyway i wonder why the tv asahi wouldn't broadcast rider and sentai on saturday evening like the old days instead of sunday mornings.Especially if you imagine what a future super sentai series like without their traditional mecha or a sixth sentai soldier thing ,many current fans think that's it's not a real super sentai series

And here's my take on what my kamen rider series will be like it will be martial arts themed with a single rider who is dragon motif with forms based on elements of earth as he fights creatures that resemble the chinese mythical animals were the final boss is the dragon itself and the episode order will be shortened since it won't include any multi or secondary riders in it.Also the reason my episode will be shortened that the main rider and the civilian form will be played by an expert martial artist stuntmen who does his stunts just like how the actor from the original series did before the accident . That way young viewers will be amazed by the real life kung fu moves by a stunt man who actually plays both rider and his civilian form.

Last edited:
Lurker
Instead of ditching toys, I feel that they should make their stuffs realistic-looking again. Nowadays, weapons and mechas are all shiny and plasticy; they don't even look deadly at all, if not for the sparks produced when slashing enemies. Just look at for example, Jetman swords, and compare them with the current plastic Zyuohger swords, or even Ninninger ninja swords which don't even look like they can cut a banana.

Yeah, I noticed that too. They need to make them more...deadly looking. Yeah. (Though I like the toys as they are now. At least for some of them).