Wait, I'm confused. Are the small things their first forms - like a Robotack situation, or are they support creatures like Buddyroids that form over the Riders like Gaim Armor?
Not sure about the super deformed versions of themselves, but it looks like that little red gorilla robot turns into the red armour for Level 3.
I remembered when the designs for Gaim came out, some felt that it was stupid because they were based on fruits. Yet they found a way to make it work for the show. Ex-Aid might do the same, especially if they go for another Ryuki/Gaim Rider War.
Yeah exactly. I remember thinking fruit and dance-offs would be terrible, but I ended up really enjoying the show. I think knowing who the staff are will give more insight into what the show will be like than the toys will.

Personally I don't like the big "Gamer Driver" sticker on the belt...because it reminds me of supersoakers and other toys I used to play with as a kid, and oh yeah that's the whole point of the belt isn't it? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've always thought of Heisei Rider as being just as much the successor to Metal Hero as it is to Showa Rider. Funnily enough, while I can't imagine Ex-Aid standing in line with the other Riders, I can imagine seeing him shoulder to shoulder with Jiraiya and Janperson.

Edit: I just noticed that the blue secondary Rider's helmet really reminds me of Silver Chariot from JJBA. Please have him cross paths with Zyuoh The World :anime:

Last edited:
Mad Skillz
I'm curious, where did you learn this? I tried Googling both Gashatto and ガシャット along with onomatopoeia and I could only find a definition describing it as a cracking sound, like something breaking.

Friend of mine from Japan. He mentions that they'll have an onomatopoeia for just about everything. The "gasha" part itself comes from a clicking (or sometimes cranking) sound. (it's where the gasha in gashapon comes from)

Yeah exactly. I remember thinking fruit and dance-offs would be terrible, but I ended up really enjoying the show. I think knowing who the staff are will give more insight into what the show will be like than the toys will.

I think it's either Ohmori or Takebe. In one case, you've got a producer who did a really good job working with her main writer on Gaim and caring enough to get rid of things like forced two parters. Ohmori's more of the wild card. He's only done two shows, of which I've only enjoyed one (Kyoryuger). I want Ex-Aid not to be anything like Drive and have characters with a layer of depth to them that I don't think was present in the investigation team Drive had.

Well, it doesn't necessarily mean that there shouldn't be villains, but sometimes you can make it as simple as bad guys attacking and heroes defeating them. Gokaiger tried this and I don't think it worked there, but for me personally, it was because I didn't enjoy the characters.

Gokaiger's issue was that it had heroes who constantly acted (at first anyway) like they couldn't be bothered dealing with Zangyack and being completely oblivious until the end as to what the Greatest Treasure could really be. You could say that they're pirates and thus wouldn't be that heroic, but 1) they're all essentially refugees adventuring through space and not like real, brutal pirates, and 2) their smug indifference gets really grating after a while. The fun of Gokaiger mostly derived from having all of these past heroes return on screen again, out of costume.

Something being fun doesn't mean it has to be "mindless" or insanity. It can be as simple as well choreographed action, interesting looking suits, and characters the audience cares about.

You're right. But these days what's considered "fun" in Toei shows is a mental sugar high. Stupid characters doing stupid things while showcasing toys that are blatantly toys. The comedy in an early Heisei show like Agito or Ryuki is low-key by comparison.

I'll go back even further. Look at Battle Kenya. A fairly comedic, fun character. I like him (thanks in no small part to Kenji Ohba.) But nowhere as insufferable as what passes for fun in modern Toei shows.

Lurker
Another thing to note is that, while I don't like the colors of the driver, I think it brings back some of the things that Fourze and W did. Which is cool because it's a combination of Astro switches and Gaia memories.

It's a bike that changes into a rider

http://news.tokunation.com/2016/07/...lus-kamen-rider-brave-kamen-rider-snipe-33689

Kamen Rider Racer- created when Ex-Aid’s motorcycle transforms into a humanoid form.

Actually, I don't think the scans really give a decisive explanation either way. We know that its first transformed state (level 1) is a SD Rider like the others, then the level 2 is the "Bike Gamer" form, rather than a standard Rider like Action Gamer and the others. So, it's not clear what's transforming into Racer. It could be a bike or object of some kind, but it could be a human too

Wait, I'm confused. Are the small things their first forms - like a Robotack situation, or are they support creatures like Buddyroids that form over the Riders like Gaim Armor?

Based on the toy scans, the SD lvl1 Riders are the Riders themselves. Then they twist around (their SD head ends up on their backs) and become the full sized Rider lvl 2. There are some support SD robots that combine with them for the other forms too though, like Robot Action Gamer, Beat Quest Gamer and Combat Shooting Gamer - but it's not always a robot. Genmu, the Dark Ex-Aid looking one, combines with a bike for his Sports Action Gamer form. I guess these things will be mostly of the transformation animation though, like the fruit mode of the lockseed armors summoned in Gaim, which sometimes had minor uses in combat, but were there ultimately just for visual effect and toy gimmick.

Lurker
- I don't hate the suits, but if they were top on someone's Worst Rider Design list, I wouldn't argue against it.
- Does anyone else think that the green collar Ex-Aid has is a reference to the warp pipes from Mario? Or is it just me?
- The belt is so 90's radical... I like it.
- As for the pupils, I can take them or leave them. Although what could've work is the riders have them for lvl 1 as their SD forms and then lose them for the compound eyes as they level up. Going from a cutesy form to a more menacing one like Pokemon, Digimon, and the lvl monsters from Yugioh.
- I think out of all the Rider shows who have recolored riders, I think Ex-Aid will have the most justified ones since recolors are a big thing in video games. XD