Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto
Only difference between them is the harmony within the designs...

I won't ever be sold on Heart. I'm sorry. You cannot just put some new parts on an existing suit and call it new. No that is just flat out laziness. That's an F for effort. They got all those months to work on it and this is the best they can do. I can only tolerate Chaser Mach in that I see what they were going for and was only made as a last minute DURING THE SHOW'S RUN.

I disagree. Just because it's low effort and not new at all doesn't mean it can't work. I also don't know what you expected after the Gaim Gaiden releases and the Chaser special. The suits themselves are going to be on screen for like 5 minutes(and that's generous) so I don't think anyone in their right mind would expect more than what we received. The amount of time they have to work on these suits is absolutely irrelevant if they're only going to appear in the specials for a few minutes and nowhere else.

Now that we've gotten clearer shots and in better lighting, the suits have begun to grow on me. Amazing how much better the suits look(especially Mach Chaser) with just better quality pictures and lighting. Still incredibly disappointed with Mach Chaser but I don't hate it at all anymore. The only reason I don't hate Type Miracle is because the helmet reminds me of Shadow Moon.

Really excited for these specials now that we know they'll take place after the series.

Now, count up your crimes!
Type Tridoron was created by fusing with Tridoron. How are they gonna explain why Heart look like that? If it's he also fuse with Tridoron, fuse with a car that look like Tridoron or based on it. I ain't frickin' buying it. Trying to sugar coat it ain't gonna cut it. Saver's apple look at least make sense since pomegranate has some connection to apples in naming in real life and Jinba Marron was more of a "Not meant to be used like that." Although I still question how the Genesis Core still work if the latter came from Kaito's Genesis Driver which is supposed to be destroyed by the killswitch. I don't doubt Tridoron has the monstrous look to make it work and that making a new suit using Tridoron as the basis is too costly especially when it's an Ultimate Form suit that used a lot more resources. At least make the armor pieces red like the suit like the helmet. There's too much color clashes between two shades of red that it's glaring obvious. Super Mashin Chaser still look the best of these Drive Specials for me. It's simple and straight to the point in that it's meant to be Chase's own equivalent of Ultimate Evolution. And they pick an appropriate purple color to work with the gold. Look even better than Heart's own Ultimate Evolution form!

Also I recall there was a lore somewhere that state Yu-Ki's armor is actually Gaoh's armor that rusted in the land of the dead or something. I'm still looking for that lore all over the net.

Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto
I don't understand how you can justify the Gaim Gaiden designs but claim that I'm trying to sugar coat the Mach/Heart v-cinema designs. For one, we know next to nothing about how said forms are going to be obtained, let alone why they even exist. The Gaim Gaiden specials have been out for months now and we know for the most part why and how the featured lockseeds and forms exist. It baffles me that you're "sugar coating" Knuckle and Saviour's v-cinema designs because of the lore yet you're surprised that the Mach/Heart designs are an eyesore when don't know anything about their lore until at least 4 months.

I'm not sugar coating anything. I'm dumbfounded that you expected anything more when their screentimes are like 10% of the specials they're associated with. And to add to that, pretty much every other suit we've gotten in a special is either kitbashed, recolored, touched up with slightly new parts, or a combination of any of those. With Gaim this works out extremely well even with zero relevance to plot because fruit is such an easy element to incorporate into their armor designs; to the point that you could literally kitbash and recolor them and pass them off as a new fruit with acceptable feedback. With Drive this is much more difficult because Drive has far fewer Rider suits and apparently even less resources. Not to mention that they were tasked to somehow incorporate the designs of two completely different concepts into a single Rider.

Super Mashin Chaser works because it's an intricate and amazing design to begin with and they took pretty much zero risks by doing nothing but incorporating new shoulders and a horn on his head. On top of that, the recolored parts were small and compact enough that honestly they wouldn't look bad in any color.

The Chaser Mach was pretty obvious. It's meant to be a more perfected form of Chaser Mach especially with the Signal Bike being the Ride Crosser.

I'm baffled how Heart's design is "acceptable." It's a Frankenstein of parts. I hope the Kamen Rider Heart pieces burn after this is over. I really hate the design.

I still hate Jinba Marron and Saver mind you. I'm glad we're done with Gaim Gaiden so they don't have to destroy Kamen Rider Mars suit further. Though Kamuro's piece was probably what was sacrificed...

Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto
Chaser Mach wouldn't be even remotely obvious if the Shift Ride Crosser wasn't visible in his Mach Driver. The Shift Ride Crosser isn't even a Signal Bike to begin with. For a form that's supposed to be based off of two vehicles combined, it doesn't have the key components of either vehicle or a combination of them. Chaser didn't really resemble the Ride Chaser but he had the skull emblem at least and Mach's entire motif was the Ride Macher itself. Honestly, I would've been happy if they added small shoulder cannons or a grappling hook mechanism somewhere. The main issue is whatever screentime this suit gets, the action will be literally no different from what we've seen of the Mach suit because it has no gimmicks or anything.

Mach Chaser takes away one of Mach's most iconic parts of his motif which was his right forearm. There's no sign of the Ride Chaser's design on the Mach Chaser suit except for like...some black on the torso and helmet and a few purple stripes. For a form based off of such a cool vehicle it bears absolutely no resemblance to it. It doesn't matter if it's supposed to be a more perfected form of Chaser Mach, not that we even know that right now to begin with. For all we know it could be weaker. Even if it ended up being what you said, why would a form that's stronger than Type Tridoron even need an upgrade?

I personally don't accept Heart's design but I can definitely understand the appeal of it. While what we got isn't the best execution, people have either thought about it or demanded it at some point; which is why we're getting these adaptions in the first place. This isn't the first time we've gotten a "Frankenstein of parts", so I can't see how that makes it a bad thing. I'm not a fan of the design but that doesn't mean you shouldn't acknowledge the appeal of it.

I can agree on that though. They were definitely a mess of a designs. I never felt the hype about Zack the same way most fans did so that didn't help.. I would've accepted Saviour if they stuck to the original design. I guess they gave up after the suit started literally falling apart.

Well to be fair, Chaser was a more or less a Riderfied Mashin Chaser. So Mach and Chaser had two different design aspects. Yeah Mach Chaser did overloaded the Mach Driver. But who says it has to be an upgrade? It just has to be more stable.

Heart's definitely among the worst Frankenstein of parts when it comes to suit though. Helmet is bitching and coat tails and shoulder armors are great. I just wish the latter at least were colored more appropriately. Speaking of Frankensteining of parts, I'd say Yu-Ki, Rocket Drill States, and Emperor Dogabaki are the worst. That disharmonious mishmash is what I'd rate by. And I still can't get over Meteor Fusion States which I derisively call Funky Disco Fever because it look like a washed out middle age disco dancer. Also Super Tatoba. The rest of the suit clash with the the gleamed helmet that is the Taka Head Brave.

Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto
I don't and never will have a problem with Chaser. My point is that because we didn't have any physical aspects of the Ride Chaser in suit form, it's difficult to execute a design based off of the combination of both motorcycles. They're basically trying to recreate a form based on two motorcycles but one of the motorcycles doesn't exist in a way that can be slapped onto a suit. I can get by if the form just becomes more stable. Despite the short screentime it's ridiculously powerful based on its feats alone along with its stats.

I agree. We've gotten far better kitbashes but like your examples, we've also gotten far worse. They probably wanted to avoid having to modify or recolor the Type Tridoron suit because they wanted to store the original suit in its entirety. Then again, if that were the case they would've just colored the extra parts more appropriately.

I thought Meteor Fusion States was excellent, to be honest. It might not look good on paper but seeing it in motion was absolutely delightful for me. I just wish it had its own weapon. Super Tatoba is fucking awful though. Pretty much ruined OOO for me. It's a really cool idea executed in the worst possible way. The sound effects don't help either.

I don't and never will have a problem with Chaser. My point is that because we didn't have any physical aspects of the Ride Chaser in suit form, it's difficult to execute a design based off of the combination of both motorcycles. They're basically trying to recreate a form based on two motorcycles but one of the motorcycles doesn't exist in a way that can be slapped onto a suit. I can get by if the form just becomes more stable. Despite the short screentime it's ridiculously powerful based on its feats alone along with its stats.

I agree. We've gotten far better kitbashes but like your examples, we've also gotten far worse. They probably wanted to avoid having to modify or recolor the Type Tridoron suit because they wanted to store the original suit in its entirety. Then again, if that were the case they would've just colored the extra parts more appropriately.

I thought Meteor Fusion States was excellent, to be honest. It might not look good on paper but seeing it in motion was absolutely delightful for me. I just wish it had its own weapon. Super Tatoba is fucking awful though. Pretty much ruined OOO for me. It's a really cool idea executed in the worst possible way. The sound effects don't help either.

I agree with you regarding Fusion States, it is definitely better than Dead Heat.
Because it takes aspects from both Fourze and Meteor but makes it it's own thing, similar to the Fusions in Dragon ball.
I think we should all expect that these special movie suits will not live up to what we had in the show.
Budget priorities go to the current series, and since Amazons was running, these two forms really got the shaft.

Lurker
To be fair, it is very difficult to create good looking new forms base on Drive's Rider suits. They are not as interchangeable as those of Gaim's. I think Bandai will learn a lesson from this and create suits and items that are much easie to be recycled. This year's Ghost Eyecons and Damashis seem very easy to recolor/redesign so I think we should get a Necrom and Specter V-Cinema

Lurker
Now that I've seen more in-depth shots of the suits, I'm a bit more forgiving to Heart's rider form. I can get what they're going for and it might look good as a figure, lol. Mach on the other hand..... Still not a fan of it.