Lurker
We got Kamen Rider 1 and a special opening on Ghost that showed every main Kamen Rider. My question is when does Zyuohger gets in the act? Unless I missed something, the only ways Toei has celebrated Sentai's birthday is the logo and releasing some of the older films on Blu-Ray. I wish they do something, even sneak in background references.

Anyone anxious for some Sentai celebration? Any wishes for a potential Zyuohger vs Super Sentai?

I already knew it was going to be a quiet anniversary after what they've done in Gokaiger, but seriously, the fact that a Zyuohger VS Super Sentai has yet to be announced is truly appalling. it's as if Toei is thinking "Naw, Sentai hasn't been bringing in the moolah for a few years now, so let's neglect it entirely with another crappy series instead!"

Zyuohger will be getting released on DVD/Blu-ray in quarter series chunks. Toei have said that each of those releases will contain a special. The four specials are collectively known as "Super Animal Wars" and will apparently celebrate the franchise's 40th anniversary, although as yet there are no further details as to what may happen or whether any characters from previous seasons will appear. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lurker
Zyuohger will be getting released on DVD/Blu-ray in quarter series chunks. Toei have said that each of those releases will contain a special. The four specials are collectively known as "Super Animal Wars" and will apparently celebrate the franchise's 40th anniversary, although as yet there are no further details as to what may happen or whether any characters from previous seasons will appear. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

From what little I've heard, I think those specials are just extra Zyuohger adventures. I'd like to be wrong, I just saw a trailer and nothing suggested anything different from what the Ghost, Drive, and Ninninger sets.

R

raden238

I always knew this 40th Anniversary in no way would top Gokaiger (which was basically the Ultimate Sentai show). Zyuohger in spirit celebrates 40 years of Sentai. We got the Sun Vulcan references from the Cube Animals, the suits could be nods to multiple Sentais from the past like Sun Vulcan, Liveman, Jetman, Gaoranger, Gekiranger etc.. We don't always need a super mega crossover to celebrate the franchise. It gets boring after awhile, same applies to Rider. Zyuohger has been a great show so far IMO.

We still have a the second half of 2016 to go. Another Sentai 10 Years After could be in the works and Toei just hasn't announced it yet. I even read rumors that Zyuohger's Summer movie was going to be a Sun Vulcan team up, featuring a repainted Zyuoh King that resembles the Sun Vulcan Robo, of course that didn't happen. But it would of been awesome.

Lurker
I always knew this 40th Anniversary in no way would top Gokaiger (which was basically the Ultimate Sentai show). Zyuohger in spirit celebrates 40 years of Sentai. We got the Sun Vulcan references from the Cube Animals, the suits could be nods to multiple Sentais from the past like Sun Vulcan, Liveman, Jetman, Gaoranger, Gekiranger etc.. We don't always need a super mega crossover to celebrate the franchise. It gets boring after awhile, same applies to Rider. Zyuohger has been a great show so far IMO.

We still have a the second half of 2016 to go. Another Sentai 10 Years After could be in the works and Toei just hasn't announced it yet. I even read rumors that Zyuohger's Summer movie was going to be a Sun Vulcan team up, featuring a repainted Zyuoh King that resembles the Sun Vulcan Robo, of course that didn't happen. But it would of been awesome.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I love Zyuohger. It does focus a little more on Yamato, but not as bad as Ninninger.

It just feels frustrating since Ghost teamed up with Ichigo and had a special opening. I figured we wouldn't get another Gokaiger, but even Boukenger was more celebratory than our animal sentai.

I'll keep the faith, although the trailer I saw didn't show signs of 1, 2, or Sun Vulcan. It is early, I admit, to announce a vs. Super Sentai film. I think I just been spoiled by Ninninger and the Kyoryuger team up with Zyuranger and Abaranger.

P.Saturday. Fingers crossed for a Magiranger 10 Years After (not that it would be a tragedy if it doesn't come, but a guy can hope :) ).

Well Sentai did have a special opening to commemorate 40 years since the first episode of Goranger aired; Episode seven of Ninninger. Granted, it was a week late after real life events meant Sentai got bumped for news coverage, but it happened. Rider has to make more of a thing of the actual anniversary day because the franchise hasn't aired continuously.

Sentai has always been a bit weird with anniversaries though. The 10th anniversary celebration was the first episode of Turboranger...the 11th series (back when they didn't count Goranger or JAKQ) and airing something like 3 weeks after the actual anniversary of Battle Fever's first episode.

It'd be nice to get something though. I wouldn't complain if Zyuoh vs Ninnin got a whole bunch of other previous characters to apear.

Apologies for the double post but the news/rumours thread for Zyuohger may now contain something relevant to this thread :thumbs:

Lurker
Apologies for the double post but the news/rumours thread for Zyuohger may now contain something relevant to this thread :thumbs:

I saw the news on Orends Range and came here to post it when I saw what you just checked. I looked; you found what I found :thumbs:

To those not knowing what we're talking about, let's just say Sentai's 4-0 is finally getting recognition:

So the summer movie is about a circus that's been abducting Zyumen that came to Earth and forcing them to perform in their show. Anyone who's been waiting for 40th anniversary cameos might want to check out this picture of three of the captured "Zyumen":
[hide] 4h5f0cr-848x1024.png[/hide]

Would like to change his avatar
Doggy Kruger, Sha-fu and Torin -- what a real piss-poor way of celebrating the 40th.

And, no, I wasn't expecting for Zyuohger to be another Gokaiger (even though I think 40's a bigger milestone than 35), but...Jesus, I expected more of an effort. SOMETHING of an effort. Like, at the very least, after Ninninger, I figured they'd have an appearance of someone from an animal-related team every several episodes or so. That still leaves plenty of room for Zyuohger's regular programming of below average, stupid ****, waste of airtime, ugly designs, Dullsville, wasting Susumu Terajima, heroes you hate, boring villains, boring plot nothingness.

Holy ****. Where's the Tylenol?