Err...they've already been doing the whole "who are the real monsters" thing. It's the very question that drives Haruka. He's all about the idea that it's your actions that determine your humanity, not your biology.

Which is really the message of the entire franchise.

"Training."
Well.... Sigma's role was... brief. I figured he'd escape at the end of the season, and become a big player in season 2, but three episodes? That's it?

But that's just the thing, I don't think Nozama have even TRIED to cure it. They turned innocent people into monsters, and now they're just cleaning up their mess rather than help anyone. THAT'S why you should feel sorry for them, because they can't fully control themselves The reason Haruka empathises with that is because he struggles for control very time he fights.

Also, regarding episode 8, I wish he had actually killed that human, just to give some weight to his otherwise unfulfilled speech a few episodes earlier about hunting the bad guys, whatever race they are.
The suggestion that the worst humans deserve is a slap on the wrist, while monsters should be killed on sight, is daft, and a bit too reminiscent of Drive for my liking. At least the monsters are just animals this time, as opposed to sentient roimudes, but there's still a person in there who was turned against their will.

The ones that are being hunted aren't humans who were turned into monsters though. They were monsters made in a lab who have the ability to imitate human appearance. Some wanted to live in peace, some lose control and eat people.

From my understanding, there's 3 types of Amazons in this show:

Type 1: Amazons made in a lab who can perfectly imitate human beings until they lose control (i.e. the ones that are being hunted)
Type 2: A human who was turned into a Amazon by injecting himself/herself with Amazon cells (i.e Jin/Amazon Alpha, whose the only one of this type at the moment)
Type 3: Haruka/Amazon Omega. We still don't know why he is a special type of Amazon.

The ones that are being hunted aren't humans who were turned into monsters though. They were monsters made in a lab who have the ability to imitate human appearance.
I forget which episode it was now but I thought Haurka was told that 4000 people were accidentally exposed to the Amazon virus two years ago. Given how shady the company is, and that they refer to them as "test subjects", you can debate whether it was really an accident but I always figured that they were once normal people. Haruka, on the other hand...

Last edited:
I'm gonna have to re-watch a couple of episodes to clarify this haha
Eh, or I'm mis-remembering or interpreted it differently. I was just always under the impression they were infected people rather than lab-born monsters. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't recall hearing anything about humans being infected by Amazon cells either. as far as I can tell, they were all made in the lab by Jin and because they were let loose by a freak accident, he feels it's his responsibility to kill 'em all.

"Training."
I don't recall hearing anything about humans being infected by Amazon cells either. as far as I can tell, they were all made in the lab by Jin and because they were let loose by a freak accident, he feels it's his responsibility to kill 'em all.

...and he's reached a point where he will bulldoze through anything to achieve that goal, including himself. He goes ballistic when he fights Amazons. Poor guy. I don't think he handled the guilt and responsibility well.

...and he's reached a point where he will bulldoze through anything to achieve that goal, including himself. He goes ballistic when he fights Amazons. Poor guy. I don't think he handled the guilt and responsibility well.

yeah, he injected himself with the Amazon cells to kill these other Amazons as part of his responsibility but you know he's already desperate when he tells Mizusawa to activate the Tlaloc operation. he even looked at the incoming *just awakened* Amazons with such a defeated face and apologized. it sounded as if he's forced to takedown his children or something. let's be honest though, I think it's obvious Haruka will be the last surviving Amazon.

I also hope Season 2 will explain the Amazon Drivers a little further. who made those belts? what was Nanaha's background before she ended up with Jin and where did she even get the drivers? I'm still waiting for these to be clarified.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I also hope Season 2 will explain the Amazon Drivers a little further. who made those belts? what was Nanaha's background before she ended up with Jin and where did she even get the drivers? I'm still waiting for these to be clarified.

Is there any point in bringing Nanaha back next year without Jin, though? I like her but her character basically revolves around Jin (as Mizuki's does around Haruka) - without him, what can she really do?

Treasure Cards of the Underworld
I was, up to this point, under the impression the Amazons were humans turned monsters, too. I mean... think of Ryuuji Ryuusuke (Dragonfly Amazon). He wouldn't just for the heck of it join in on the team, would he?