I liked him when he wasn't a god
I've read comments on Amazon Japan and I see mostly 4-5 stars rating from viewers. Japanese fans definitely prefer this over the Sunday morning series because of the early Heisei feel and lack of gimmicks. also came across an article where even Producer Shirakura thinks KR in recent years isn't interesting, which I totally agree.

Yet we've just had Gaim and Drive, which were written and marketed with older viewers in mind, and performed better with those audiences than with kids. (That's why they've got so many collectibles and V-Cinema spin-offs; the Chase movie was more teen/adult-oriented than the TV series, and went to the top of the DVD charts in its first week of release.) And one of the most common complaints about Gaim and Go-Busters for Japanese fans was that they weren't fun for children. Older fans in Japan may appreciate a show like Amazons but I doubt they'd sit down to watch it with their six-year-olds.

Asides of which, there's more money in selling the toyline to kids than in making a show that caters to what adults want. Unless Toei and Bandai can find a way to make an Amazons-esque show sell a lot of toys, Kamen Rider in its current format isn't going anywhere. (And even if they did find a way to make it sell toys, well, that would ruin its supposed appeal, since people would then start complaining about "too many gimmicks!")

well it's reported that Amazon Prime will produce more web series in the future, so I don't believe Toei can't avoid Bandai's "Promote a gazillion toys for us!!!" pressure anymore. they even have Netflix Japan to turn to if they want to produce more adult-oriented shows without having all those gimmicks. yeah, Amazons still has merchandise such as the figurines, belt and exterminator uniform, but at least those aren't glaringly shoved in our faces.

well it's reported that Amazon Prime will produce more web series in the future, so I don't believe Toei can't avoid Bandai's "Promote a gazillion toys for us!!!" pressure anymore. they even have Netflix Japan to turn to if they want to produce more adult-oriented shows. yeah, Amazons still has merchandise such as the figurines, belt and exterminator uniform, but at least those aren't glaringly shoved in our faces.

My point was that most of Kamen Rider's money comes from the Sunday morning show's toy sales. Without that, the franchise wouldn't survive, and there wouldn't be enough cash to justify the cost of making Amazons. The web series are not going to bring in the kind of revenue that comes from the main show's toys and cinema releases. If adult viewers want to see "edgy" web series and V-Cinema, and Shirakura wants to produce them, Toei will have to continue working to Bandai and TV-Asahi's mandates on the main show. They'll have to, because there's no way to make something like Amazons work in the Sunday morning slot.

Have you got a source for Amazon.jp saying they would be making more Kamen Rider webseries? I'd be interested to see where they would go next. More spin-offs of Showa series, I suppose, or an attempt to do something with Shin or J again ...

right, I didn't mean to say that Toei should ditch the Sunday morning series altogether for web series. my point was that if they wanted to make something that didn't require any of Bandai's pressure, there's Amazon Prime or Netflix Japan for them to exploit. anyway, here's the article mentioning about Amazon Prime's future plans for more web series (not necessarily just Kamen Rider). it's stated at the end.

right, I didn't mean to say that Toei should ditch the Sunday morning series altogether for web series. my point was that if they wanted to make something that didn't require any of Bandai's pressure, there's Amazon Prime or Netflix Japan for them to exploit. anyway, here's the article mentioning about Amazon Prime's future plans for more web series (not necessarily just Kamen Rider). it's stated at the end.

Disappointing ... I hoped it would say they'd already come to an arrangement to do more with Kamen Rider. Maybe that will have to wait until Toei can see how well Amazons did. Thank you!

Have you got a source for Amazon.jp saying they would be making more Kamen Rider webseries? I'd be interested to see where they would go next. More spin-offs of Showa series, I suppose, or an attempt to do something with Shin or J again ...

I've always thought there could've been a sequel to or even a show based off J. I can't see a show being made out of Shin (who would the villains be?), but perhaps a follow-up movie.

Extreme Perfect Complete Ultimate !
I agree with lazy that this kind of series must have been supported by the profit of merch sales and such
Without it or if the toy did not go well out there, they might not made this show, mayb they could this time for the sake of "anniversary", but to do it e every year ??? Toei must have collected a huuuuuge load of cash to bring this to life..

I kinda hope then the sunday morning show did better from now on in sales aspect, so that we can see this "unrestricted" series brought to us again XD

Shining~
I'm wondering how did Jin's wife was able to know she needs to visit Jin already? She was so calm before, but then she suddenly gets worried....it's a bit jarring.

I like how they did the MOTW in 5 & 6 - a pupa that then shed its outer layer to become a butterfly/moth. It's an interesting way to extend the life of an MOTW.

The end of the fight against Omega feels rather forced though - the monster is depicted as having quite a strength to the point where Omega is clearly having trouble, yet a finisher that merely cut him a bit, actually finished him......

S

scikaiju

watched episode 5 finally. I'm starting to get the feeling Haruka's "mother" is the less evil option in the company. Not good just less evil.Although it was a way to keep Jin out of this particular episode and focus a bit more on Haruka. But it does look like he's going from a "baby" to quote mom here to finding his own feet and growing up a bit. And speaking of baby, I know I said Momaru was almost dog loyal in the previous ep but he was almost child like trying not to get that shot in his brief scene in this one.

The end of the fight against Omega feels rather forced though - the monster is depicted as having quite a strength to the point where Omega is clearly having trouble, yet a finisher that merely cut him a bit, actually finished him......

It was a strike to the jugular, which is popularly depicted as one of the weakest points on the body, justifying that scene to a degree.