10.jpg

Now where are the rest of the Digi-destined?

This week: Kohei Murakami returns to kick some more heroes' asses! Yamoto's uncle is useful for once, the sixth champion's symbol is spotted, and the effects team manage to adjust some cube proportions to ensure that the new eight-piece mecha looks a lot better than it's toy.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Gawd that suit is SO much cooler than the crap that Bandai is peddling...

Anyway, usually I can suspend my disbelief very far... but this episode the heroes acted like FRIGGIN' IDIOTS all the time! Why not try to attack G.I.F.T. BEFORE it recharges?! Maybe if the mecha aren't working try to infiltrate it and blow it up from within or something? Yamato's handling of the whole situation... and then when our heroes decide to trek all the way to the city instead of taking FIVE FRIGGIN STEP and grab the frickin' Champion Symbol as it lay on the ground in plain view! That was just... DUDE! It'll take you TEN SECONDS tops to jump there and grab it while the bird man is just laying there! GAH! And why did you change back to normal to meet Yamato?! Normally I can excuse that kind of behavior but stacked with all the rest it was really annoying. Maybe Genis could have just pulled G.I.F.T. back because he likes to toy with his prey, that's totally in character for him and I wouldn't have minded. Maybe the eagle man could have been clutching the symbol when they have to make a decision, since continuing the battle with him would have taken too long. Just those minor details would have fixed a LOT of issues with this episode in go. Geez TOEI.

Anyway eagle dude is pretty cool, though I gotta wonder how he's so strong if he gave some of his power to Yamato... I really want to know his beef with Zyuland, and hope it'll have an impact on the story somehow.

I'm really not a big fan of mechas where the finisher is just random 'spirit lasers' popping out of nowhere.

Bird-man seems happy that Yamato remembered him

They could have grabbed the cube before going to save Yamato...

Genis has such a nice voice!

Some kind of Beast mode
Bird-man seems happy that Yamato remembered him

I think he meant 'remembered me' from the earlier encounter during that day, not the one when he was a kid. I think he was proud that his mysterious entrance failed as an illusion and succeeded as a tangible memory to Yamato.

Shining~
- Hmm, Yamato already lives with his uncle since he was a kid? That gives more question to what happened to his parents.

- lol the colours on that eagle sculpture is the Zyuohgers' colours

- Why did the country not think about sending an army to dismantle GIFT while it is inactive? :sweat:

- GIFT is clearly troubled by something small and fast until that one hit just so happens to hit Yamato. The ultimate weakness of a big mechanical monster like this is indeed something small and fast.

- Love the role call in this episode with the OP theme in the background.

- Wild Zyuoh King definitely looks so much better than the DX toy, because its arms aren't oddly proportioned like the DX toy. And of course, its legs aren't literally a single block lol

- GIFT's explosion is underwhelming, something like this should have a much grander explosion in my opinion.

- ......yeah, I find it weird that they let the bird man keep the Champion's Symbol. Like Undrave said, they weren't that far away from it, there's definitely enough time to go grab it then go to Yamato's place. Even if they grab it and can go home, like they said, they can CHOOSE to stay for now. So why not grab it and stay on earth anyway? Plot-induced stupidity strikes again.

- Next episode.......please tell me Tusk will actually transform in front of the uncle, him being out of the loop is starting to get annoying