Kamen Rider Hibiki: Quietly being the Worst Heisei Series along with Decade

Mad Skillz
Whoa whoa whoa. Gaim was in arcs, but they were good, self-contained, and significantly different from each other. Let's not going calling parallels just because there's a segmentation of the story. Ghost hasn't changed at all, in my eyes, other than him becoming a better Rider. The difference between the first and second arc of Gaim were almost like two different kinds of shows, and by the end, it was literally a totally different show. Ghost is going to be like Drive, I'm sure, where it ends at a slightly happier version of where it started.

It's not as in your face as Gaim, but it has changed. There's a new threat in the form of Necrom and although Takeru was given 99 more days to complete his mission it's done so in a manner that seriously bothered Hermit because it's something he's never seen before. This could potentially lead to something that hinders Takeru's return to life later on. You've also got the next stage in Makato's character, he's feeling both remorseful for the way he treated Takeru and has issues with his inability to protect his sister. (that I don't think Houdini alone solved)

But how could it be a massive hit even with the kids?? Is it because of the long hiatus or what?
I don't know about Kuuga and Agito but with Hibiki parents were concerned about some of the more demonic traits the heroes had.

Extreme Perfect Complete Ultimate !
^that's about parents concern for their childs consumption of the show itself..
I mean for the kids themselves, toy sales back then (of course, dont compare it to how well it is now, but at least at pre den-o era)
I do have heard of the well scary reception about hibiki, but to me as a kid, grongi were much more frightening..

Guillotine Gorilla
Another issue I have with Ghost is he has 99 days to get 15 souls or he truly dies, but there is not suspense or tension with it because we know all is going to be all right in the end. It is a stupid premise that shows how poorly written and rushed this series is.

Did you know that almost all Kamen Rider shows ended with things turning out alright in the end and we all knew that was gonna happen from the getgo?

I mean, I can hardly find solid ground for that critique to stand on considering that's what's been happening in the last few years.

D

Dr Kain

That's not entirely true. Not everything was happy cheery in the end of Blade. Nor Gaim. 555 and Kabuto didn't even have actual endings. OOO had a bittersweet ending too.

Ghost though, is way too silly and happy go lucky to fit with the "death is coming for you" aspect of the show to take it seriously.

However, like I said before, the worst aspects of Ghost come in the supporting characters and the ADHD editing.

shinkenchange!starninger!
decade was really poorly written when it comes to the card gimmick, i mean they were cramming cards after cards in one episode after another like it was a rush job and big headache like you didnt know what was going on. it could have been done better for anniversary season, i think the writers were trying to do too much and not going back to basics.

That's not entirely true. Not everything was happy cheery in the end of Blade. Nor Gaim. 555 and Kabuto didn't even have actual endings. OOO had a bittersweet ending too.

Ghost though, is way too silly and happy go lucky to fit with the "death is coming for you" aspect of the show to take it seriously.

However, like I said before, the worst aspects of Ghost come in the supporting characters and the ADHD editing.

What ADHD editing? This show is far more focused than Drive, that's for sure. And honestly, the supporting characters aren't that bad. Most of them have clear roles to play, and Akari is one of the most competent female leads we have seen in quite some time.

And honestly, the show isn't about the grimness of death. It's your fault for thinking it would ever be that dark. It's actually about second chances, and living up to your full potential while you're still alive.

Also, who's to say Ghost won't have a downer ending? We are barely a third into the series. Being a bit presumptuous, aren't we?

D

Dr Kain

What ADHD editing? This show is far more focused than Drive, that's for sure. And honestly, the supporting characters aren't that bad. Most of them have clear roles to play, and Akari is one of the most competent female leads we have seen in quite some time.

And honestly, the show isn't about the grimness of death. It's your fault for thinking it would ever be that dark. It's actually about second chances, and living up to your full potential while you're still alive.

Also, who's to say Ghost won't have a downer ending? We are barely a third into the series. Being a bit presumptuous, aren't we?

You know what, I'm done. You're not even listening to any of my points and just assuming things. There's not point in furthering the discussion when this feels more like an interrogation.

I don't like the direction of Ghost, I hate the character, I found the scene and camera changes to be way too quick, and I found the action to be boring. End of story.

You know what, I'm done. You're not even listening to any of my points and just assuming things. There's not point in furthering the discussion when this feels more like an interrogation.

I don't like the direction of Ghost, I hate the character, I found the scene and camera changes to be way too quick, and I found the action to be boring. End of story.

I'm sorry, but I really do believe all of your issues with Kamen Rider Ghost can be sourced back to the absolutely wrong expectations you had for the series, and your argument almost always boils down to "It's new; therefore I do not like it". If you refuse to come up with proper counter-points to my argument then that's just what I have to assume that that is what it is, and you just have an extreme bias towards any tokusatsu show made after 2008.

Yes, Takeru is a bit plain, and the pacing is sloppy at times. The show is flawed, I admit that. But to not like the direction of the series because you somehow expected it to be about how "death is coming for you" (those are your words, not mine. So please don't think I'm not reading your points and assuming things) is preposterous. You should know by now that darker entries like Gaim and 555 are the exceptions, not the rule to judge this franchise by.

Guillotine Gorilla

Notice how in entirety, that's also about 4 examples out of all over 40 years of other shows, of which OOO doesn't even count due to Megamax and I doubt "not having an ending" is exactly a waterproof answer.

Besides that presenting the predicted possibility of happy ending as a flaw is such an outrageously silly notion to have, when the show doesn't actually present itself as a story where there even is a grim gritty narrative with a grim gritty conclusion.

Kain is right: the editing on Ghost is aggressively choppy in a lot of cases.