2016 Super Sentai Rumors/News Thread (40th Anniversary) - Doubutsu Sentai Juuouger

D

Dr Kain

Ugh, so far I am not the least bit impressed. On teh positive side, at least the red ranger isn't a lion again.

Hopefully this series can pull a Gekiranger and be amazing.

Henshin a Go-Go!!
Right right, I don't believe to be a blunder per se. They are well aware that they just have to get the motion correct. It's actually a better guarantee for a smooth shot if you just don't try to hit the mark, I'm assuming.
To a random viewer or to a kid that catches it, I'm sure to many it would be seen as 'missing the keyhole' is what I mean.
Oh; Gotcha, sorry if I came off as antagonistic. It was genuinely not intentional.

Ugh, so far I am not the least bit impressed. On teh positive side, at least the red ranger isn't a lion again.

Pull a Gekiranger as in be real, real good? Or is Geki another series where you don't like the designs?
Cuz if you don't Gekiranger's mouth-watering design work than all I can feel for you is pity.

Pull a Gekiranger as in be real, real good? Or is Geki another series where you don't like the designs?
Cuz if you don't Gekiranger's mouth-watering design work than all I can feel for you is pity.

He loves Gekiranger; it's one of his favorite series.
Apparently, he hasn't been too impressed with sentai series ever since; although, he did enjoyed Kyoryuger.

Some kind of Beast mode
Oh; Gotcha, sorry if I came off as antagonistic. It was genuinely not intentional.

No worries at all dude, you're good.

As far as the mech, I couldn't think that mech designs can possibly get worse, but they have indeed. The gimmick may be cool, but the design is pretty off-putting from what we've seen. Toei is no stranger to foldable animal tech, but it seems now is when they dropped the ball. It's one of those designs that seems like it will hardly make a visual difference from toys to live action also.

And this is an anniversary series? I don't really care for the mech scenes anymore, so lame designs don't really help that situation.

The spinning twisting doesn't stop with the mecha and changer

A piece of the catalog mentions a JuouEagle to JuouGorrila mask change toy. All the rangers have some bit of silver on the sides of their helmet

Apparently JuouEagles mask flips to change to a Gorilla mask

v7EJG4S.jpg

It's unknown if the other rangers will have this ability to change/flip masks

FYI just imagine Shurikenger's Fire mode.

D

Dr Kain

I wasn't really impressed with Gekiranger's designs initially so I only watched the first 3 episodes before I waited half a year until I watched it again. When I did though, I couldn't get enough of it as I fell in love with it during the Five Deadly Venoms arc and caught up with where the show as currently airing at in 2 sittings.

He loves Gekiranger; it's one of his favorite serie
Apparently, he hasn't been too impressed with sentai series ever since; although, he did enjoyed Kyoryuger.

That's not entirely true. I loved Gokaiger, but it is number 10 on my favorites list whereas Geki is 4 or 5.

I did enjoy Kyoryuger, but that is because there was barely any filler in it. However, after it ended, it lost A LOT of my love because its ending sucked. The series focused way too much on Daigo, they just decided to make Daigo be in love with Ami over night, and they didn't even give the show an actual conclusion. It tried to copy Dairanger, but did a poor job at it.

^ To my everlasting bafflement, given how much he hates wacky hijinks.

Hating wacky hijinks is a little extreme given that Carranger is also in my top 10 favorite series. Same goes for Abaranger. I just hate the forced generic hijinks crap that is happening in the last few series because it is beyond childish.

I wasn't really impressed with Gekiranger's designs initially so I only watched the first 3 episodes before I waited half a year until I watched it again. When I did though, I couldn't get enough of it as I fell in love with it during the Five Deadly Venoms arc and caught up with where the show as currently airing at in 2 sittings.

That's not entirely true. I loved Gokaiger, but it is number 10 on my favorites list whereas Geki is 4 or 5.

I did enjoy Kyoryuger, but that is because there was barely any filler in it. However, after it ended, it lost A LOT of my love because its ending sucked. The series focused way too much on Daigo, they just decided to make Daigo be in love with Ami over night, and they didn't even give the show an actual conclusion. It tried to copy Dairanger, but did a poor job at it.

Hating wacky hijinks is a little extreme given that Carranger is also in my top 10 favorite series. Same goes for Abaranger. I just hate the forced generic hijinks crap that is happening in the last few series because it is beyond childish.

So the ending ruined your enjoyment of Kyoryuger. I see.
I agree with the ending; especially, this is coming from someone who hated the series with utter passion.
I personally think it's not only the worst sentai ending, but it may be the worst ending to tokusatsu show in general.

Regarding the series you've mentioned, it seems to me that you've enjoyed odd year series (Geki, Gokai, Kyoryu, Ninnin) more than even (Go-on, Gosei, Go-bus, ToQ) in recent years.

One of the Lord's Angels
I've just went to twitter and checked out our rumored actor Tsurugi Watanabe's twitter handle and see he follows Kamen Rider Ghost himself Shu Nishime and Naoya Kitagawa (who I consider vaguely a rumored actor at this time) then I went to Kitagawa's twitter handle and see he's also following Tsurugi. In addition, Naoya is also following Shunsuke Nishikawa aka Aka-Ninger. Lastly, I went to a twitter handle in which this person (will not reveal the name until day after cast revelation) and see that he's following Tsurugi, Shu Nishime, Nishikawa, and Kitagawa.

Could this mean that Naoya and this other guy (again will not reveal the name until after cast revelation) are in Jyuonger or could they just be really close friends?

Only time will tell whether or not which answer is correct; A or B. Other than that, there has been no casting rumors since I displayed those clues a couple days ago. I'll do my best to keep you post but I won't be the only. Expect Gold Samurai to keep you posted as well in case I find things later than he does. Until then all,go-ki-gen-yo.

D

Dr Kain

So the ending ruined your enjoyment of Kyoryuger. I see.
I agree with the ending; especially, this is coming from someone who hated the series with utter passion.
I personally think it's not only the worst sentai ending, but it may be the worst ending to tokusatsu show in general.

Regarding the series you've mentioned, it seems to me that you've enjoyed odd year series (Geki, Gokai, Kyoryu, Ninnin) more than even (Go-on, Gosei, Go-bus, ToQ) in recent years.

Actually, I think Nin is pretty bad. I'm only watching it because I want to see what Youkai get used and because it isn't as awful as ToQ. I still think Go-Busters was a bad series overall, but at least it tried to do something new with Sentai and the miniature work was impressive. It's just that it lacked energy and well written characters. Nevertheless, I'll take Hiromu over Daigo and Takaharu.

However, yes, for the most part, I have been enjoying every other year.