2016 Super Sentai Rumors/News Thread (40th Anniversary) - Doubutsu Sentai Juuouger

Well this a first for Sentai, probably will be the new format. Where all six Rangers will start off, then the 7th in the middle of the year.

Just to summarise the latest rumours. As always, half of it will probably be rubbish. :laugh:

Colour - Designation - Gender
Red - 'Jyuoh Eagle' - Male
Blue - 'Jyuoh Shark' - Female
Yellow - 'Jyuoh Lion' - Male
Green - 'Jyuoh Elephant' - Male
White - 'Jyuoh Tiger' - Female
Black - 'Jyuoh Gorilla' - Male

All six rangers are in it from the start. Jyuoh Shark will apparently not be light blue like previous female blues but the same colour as previous male blues. All six have an “Animal Bayonet†gun-that-turns-into-a-sword weapon and Jyuoh Eagle (the red ranger) has an additional "Wildlife Sword". All use a smartphone-based morpher.

Mecha are apparently referred to as "cubes". Cube Eagle, Cube Shark and Cube Lion combine to become 'Jyuoh King'. Cube Elephant, Cube Tiger and Cube Gorilla combine to form 'Jyuoh Wild'. As far as toy releases go, Jyuoh King will get released first with all of it's component mecha in one box. The three mecha that form Jyuoh Wild will be released as individual mecha and then later be available as a combined pack. There is also a listing for a “Weapon Animal Armament†Cube Giraffe.

Speculation
Not confirmed in any way, just some thinking I've seen elsewhere online. It seems somewhat logical that calling the mecha "cubes" implies that they can fold up into boxes. In of itself that doesn't seem too fun. However the separate listing for cube giraffe seems to imply that they are the collectables for the series. Collectables usually interact with the morpher and/or weapon toys, so presumably these will connect to the roleplay toys somehow (like the ToQgers trains?) which might explain the box form.

There's lots of speculation that the separate mecha means there will be two "rival" Sentai teams. After all, why make 2 mechs unless you want them to fight? However there was apparently similar speculation back when information about Go-Onger first started coming out and that didn't end up that way, so there may be nothing to the idea.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
If they're making them cubes as a play on the fact that the last true wildlife themed series, Gaoranger, summoned mecha with spheres, I'm surprised no one chose to throw in a computer theme alongside it & make them pixelated beings summoned from cyberspace via the smartphone morphers...:redface2:

EDIT: Hold on. Someone who actually knows Japanese correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't "ou" also a word used in Japanese to count cubed or boxy objects? We... Should've seen this coming...

Shining~
Hmm, the mecha configuration looks somewhat like Kyoryuger, in that the first 3 rangers revealed, have their own combiner mecha (like Kyoryuzin), then the 4th and 5th rangers to be revealed are able to have their mecha combined with the 6th's mecha (like Pteraiden-oh Western).

My speculation, there may be a mix-and-match capabilities too with the toys.

Considering the components for JyuOhWild are released separately at first, with the main body (the Gorilla) being separated by maybe a month, in order for them to be more useful, the Tiger and Elephant component for JyuOhWild might be able to combine with the ones you already have, which in this case is the JyuOhKing.

Not to mention the Tiger and Elephant are part of the first 5.

Last edited:
Toku Prince
All six have an “Animal Bayonet” gun-that-turns-into-a-sword weapon and Jyuoh Eagle (the red ranger) has an additional "Wildlife Sword". All use a smartphone-based morpher.

Just to clarify, the "Animal Bayonet" is called the Jyuoh Blaster. The "Wildlife Sword" is the EagRiser (or EagleRiser). It doesn't actually say that the Jyuoh Changer is a smartphone, just that it's a phone..

One of the Lord's Angels
Until I see some actual footage; I will not believe any of the rumors that are being spread right now. To me, all this information is false. I'm more into I have 2 see it to believe it. That's why I will not believe any of this until some actual proof is found. A list of toys is not enough in my book.

Also, if there are any complaints to what I say especially those that say I just "pop in"; then let me say in advance that I'm sorry, it's just the way I am & I do most of my comments now on twitter. Again, I apologize if my comments will offend you in any way.

One last thing before I go; I will do my best to find out who will be in the new Super Sentai when I can. I've been busing with Figure Skating Scores, Baseball news, etc. So I'm going to do the best I can to find out these rumored/official cast members when I can. Until then, have a blessed day every1.

Ugh. Just went through an extensive search using copy & paste from a translation software & couldn't find anything. But, I think it's coming. The only pic I found came up when searching "sentai" in kanji under "past 24 hours." It doesn't legitimately appear to have anything to do with Sentai on first glance, unless the Ranger actors were being introduced one by one & they took the pic just before red came out. Can't really read Japanese text well & auto translate failed me, but my thought was that it may have been something based on sentai, or whoever wrote the article was just using sentai as an analogy. Pic went up 7 hours ago & almost certainly had to have come from the expo.

But, I should say, aside from Red, all the colors lined up, based on the people's clothing. Genders were wrong though. There appears to be a guy in light blue, not chick in dark blue.

This year might be a bit tough for catalog images

And here's some important info from 2ch's Pretty Cure thread:
According to them, Bandai has stopped handing out the catalogs at the events (likely to cut down on leaks.) The catalogs are to be mailed to the clients 2-3 days after the meeting. So if we see anything before tonight, it would be from another source, or somebody who took pics at the event.

I believe Drive's catalogs came late because they didn't show any rider pictures. There was nothing to really get excited about outside of the belt and shift cars.

Even 2ch users were scrambling to sites like Tokunation for info on Thursday night Japan time.

I did manage to copy info about ghost's midseason form before the user deleted the info.

Sorry, here's the pic if anyone is interested, or can make more sense of this than I can. Nothing with phrase at the bottom. It says Cinema Today (shinema toudei)

main.jpg

Last edited: