Yeah and before i read you comment and i saw this article from anime news network and it confirms that power rangers will not move to Netflix http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...lusivity-for-24th-power-rangers-season/.95137
Yeah, funnily enough I found that link to Den of Geek when ANN posted the original rumour several days after it had appeared here and the comments section for their post was filled with people basically saying "it's a false rumour, here's the proof, go back to ripping off the tokusatsu network's news articles because at least they'll be accurate". That follow up post appeared very quickly afterwards. :laugh:
and since the contract with saban brands and nickelodeon is about to end i have a feeling that super dino charge is the final season and there will be no more power rangers series on television for now.At least until the 2017 movie helps to regain the franchises popularity or not.
But how do you know that their contract is about to end? Wasn't that just a part of this debunked rumour? I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere else. Between this and the movie thread you seem quite eager to declare PR dead and buried. We don't know what's happening with the TV show in 2017 because Saban haven't announced anything yet, that's all. They're concentrating on Dino Charge and Super Dino Charge for the moment. We barely know anything about their Pre-Cure adaptation "Glitter Force" and that is coming out next year. So whatever happens with PR after SDC we probably won't get to hear about it until at least January.

But how do you know that their contract is about to end?

Wishful thinking, I bet. Everybody's just ridiculous with wanting PR to leave Nickelodeon and to go to Netflix or Hulu. They want it so bad, their penises are hard.

Wishful thinking, I bet. Everybody's just ridiculous with wanting PR to leave Nickelodeon and to go to Netflix or Hulu. They want it so bad, their penises are hard.

But WHY do people want that?
To prove once and for all that television is a dying medium, despite plenty of evidence to support otherwise?
So people can feel like they are part of some exclusive, privileged group called "online only"?
Do they just not like Nickelodeon?
I mean it's not like being on Netflix will suddenly improve the quality of Power Rangers in any way. They'll still be cutting up stock footage from Japan and doing all the stuff they're famous for.

Besides, how would being Netflix exclusive even work? Doesn't Saban need the extra financial backing of a television station to make Power Rangers? Would Netflix even have enough money to fit their needs?
Like I said in my previous post, Bandai doesn't help create Super Sentai/Power Rangers just so it can quietly move to an online streaming service only. They want each season to be successful and well known. There are kids who don't even know that Power Rangers is on Netflix, and plenty of families who don't even have it. It'd be really weird if the toys were being sold in store while only a handful of kids are able to watch the show. I'd have an easier time believing that Saban would want to simulcast new Power Rangers episodes on Television and Online at the same time.

That seems to basically the issue. They don't like how Nickelodeon spaces out the episodes, with 20 episodes per year, and splitting up an incarnation. Plus it doesn't seem like any other networks (i.e., Cartoon Network) would want the show either. So if Nickelodeon were to drop the show, there would be no other options besides Netflix or Hulu, although Hulu hasn't streamed anything PR-related since Super Megaforce, and Netflix hasn't put up any Dino Charge episodes so far.

I think many "fans" also want Power Rangers to be more mature (which will likely happen if it goes to Hulu or Netflix). Can't accept that they've outgrown the franchise.

Good luck with that.

But how do you know that their contract is about to end? Wasn't that just a part of this debunked rumour? I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere else. Between this and the movie thread you seem quite eager to declare PR dead and buried. We don't know what's happening with the TV show in 2017 because Saban haven't announced anything yet, that's all. They're concentrating on Dino Charge and Super Dino Charge for the moment.

Well it's because not a single power rangers season regain its popularity like the MMPR had in the 90s when the latest seasons aired on nickelodeon and with the channel giving too many hiatus on the shows schedule i felt that the channel is no longer interested in that show as it will mainly focus more on its original content which is why i think that after super dino charge the show will no longer air on nickelodeon and it will ben considered the final season of power rangers until it will be revived again few years later only this time it will not be based on any sentai shows or adding sentai footages just some original american made ranger costumes and original american mechas and most effects will be cgi if it happens.

We barely know anything about their Pre-Cure adaptation "Glitter Force" and that is coming out next year.

Precure be dubbed as GLITTER FORCE! Haven't saban brands understand the mistakes 4kids did many years ago this will be a problem and hardcore fans will probably criticize them for what they are about to do with the pre cure franchise even though it was intended for young female audience,It will be bad when saban brand will edit out the 'original japanese content' of the pre cure show in their "glitter force" series like what what 4kids did to one piece and pokemon.

So whatever happens with PR after SDC we probably won't get to hear about it until at least January.
Agreed but i have a feeling dino supercharge is going to be the last,Heck with the 2017 movie coming up this will be the last chance the franchise will try to regain the popularity it once had.

Wishful thinking, I bet. Everybody's just ridiculous with wanting PR to leave Nickelodeon and to go to Netflix or Hulu.

Yeah most of us wish for it even i wish for it,I wish that power rangers will move to netflix so that they will not only be saved from cancellation but this move to digital format will help to regain their popularity (or not)

To prove once and for all that television is a dying medium, despite plenty of evidence to support otherwise?
So people can feel like they are part of some exclusive, privileged group called "online only"?
I mean it's not like being on Netflix will suddenly improve the quality of Power Rangers in any way. They'll still be cutting up stock footage from Japan and doing all the stuff they're famous for.

Besides, how would being Netflix exclusive even work? Doesn't Saban need the extra financial backing of a television station to make Power Rangers? Would Netflix even have enough money to fit their needs?
Like I said in my previous post, Bandai doesn't help create Super Sentai/Power Rangers just so it can quietly move to an online streaming service only. They want each season to be successful and well known. There are kids who don't even know that Power Rangers is on Netflix, and plenty of families who don't even have it. It'd be really weird if the toys were being sold in store while only a handful of kids are able to watch the show. I'd have an easier time believing that Saban would want to simulcast new Power Rangers episodes on Television and Online at the same time.

You know what you said the part about "I mean it's not like being on Netflix will suddenly improve the quality of Power Rangers in any way. They'll still be cutting up stock footage from Japan and doing all the stuff they're famous for." you may have a point netflix does not like that and will not let that show move into their channel because of putting japanese stock footage in their previous season and if netflix does allow power rangers to air in their channel then saban brands should just give up the practice of "cutting up stock footage from Japan" in their shows that it usually does to their previous season and try to make some original content instead.

So if power rangers cannot move to netflix then the show will finally come to an end unless the 2017 movie will save it but then again it will result to negative reviews and be a box office flop giving a final nail to its coffin ending franchise until few or many years later with a new show but with original content and not based on any sentai shows.

And by the way what you said about 'television is a dying medium' yes that might happen but radio was a dying medium when television first come along and many years later the radio still lives on just to only hear the music and news.The same will happen to television even though web is the king they both can still air the same shows.As for the power rangers franchise it is considered a dying medium anyway and will end after dino supercharge anyways.

I think many "fans" also want Power Rangers to be more mature (which will likely happen if it goes to Hulu or Netflix). Can't accept that they've outgrown the franchise.

Good luck with that.

I don't think it would happen power ranger is and always well be a kids franchise not adult oriented and besides do you want MLP Fim or sesame street both kids franchise to be adult and mature oriented? I don't think so.

Well it's because not a single power rangers season regain its popularity like the MMPR had in the 90s when the latest seasons aired on nickelodeon and with the channel giving too many hiatus on the shows schedule i felt that the channel is no longer interested in that show as it will mainly focus more on its original content which is why i think that after super dino charge the show will no longer air on nickelodeon and it will ben considered the final season of power rangers until it will be revived again few years later only this time it will not be based on any sentai shows or adding sentai footages just some original american made ranger costumes and original american mechas and most effects will be cgi if it happens.

PR will NEVER be as popular as it was in the beginning, and that's okay. The kids who ate it up so hard back in the beginning are grown now. Some of them might still be fans, but some of them have moved on with their lives. A lot of them who are among the latter don't even look back at it fondly either, and wonder "what the hell was I thinking?".

Nickelodeon has been airing the show the same way they were in the beginning. It doesn't mean they're ready to give it up. Most of you have never liked the way Nickelodeon airs the show, but they still end up prolonging PR's stay. Just because you feel that something is so, it doesn't always mean that it is so.

I don't think it would happen power ranger is and always well be a kids franchise not adult oriented and besides do you want MLP Fim or sesame street both kids franchise to be adult and mature oriented? I don't think so.

Congratulations! You have, for the 190th time, COMPLETELY missed the point of what you quoted. Going for that world record, I see.

PR will NEVER be as popular as it was in the beginning, and that's okay. The kids who ate it up so hard back in the beginning are grown now. Some of them might still be fans, but some of them have moved on with their lives. A lot of them who are among the latter don't even look back at it fondly either, and wonder "what the hell was I thinking?".

Nickelodeon has been airing the show the same way they were in the beginning. It doesn't mean they're ready to give it up. Most of you have never liked the way Nickelodeon airs the show, but they still end up prolonging PR's stay. Just because you feel that something is so, it doesn't always mean that it is so.

Well the mighty morphin power rangers was kinda popular in the 90s back then that pop culture refer them but saying that the original fans moved on and with the new ones not interested i feel that the franchise is no longer needed and i still think nickelodeon doesn't want that series anymore so i think that by the end of super dino charge no more power rangers at least until the movie comes out but will probably not gain good reviews and will end up as a box office bomb

Congratulations! You have, for the 190th time, COMPLETELY missed the point of what you quoted. Going for that world record, I see.

Sigh mockery and i was just explaining for good reasons and besides sesame street is aimed for pre schoolers.

MMPR was a short-lived craze. Here in the UK where I lived most kids stopped watching it before the second season had even finished. Nothing can sustain itself like that. Not even MMPR. What Saban did back then was use that craze to establish itself in a position that has allowed the show to be one of the top-selling boys toy franchises ever since. As long as that is the case, there's money to be made by continuing. It's also in part why they continue to use Sentai footage - it's just straight up cheaper to do so than it is to design, build and film all that stuff themselves.
Precure be dubbed as GLITTER FORCE! Haven't saban brands understand the mistakes 4kids did many years ago this will be a problem and hardcore fans will probably criticize them for what they are about to do with the pre cure franchise even though it was intended for young female audience,It will be bad when saban brand will edit out the 'original japanese content' of the pre cure show in their "glitter force" series like what what 4kids did to one piece and pokemon.
See this recent Answerman article on Anime News Network (link here) that talks about why companies do this. If your show is going after mainstream kids, removing all the content that marks it as Japanese is the correct way to go. You mention pokemon, but don't forget that to this day Pokemon still makes the kind of money that makes Attack on Titan look like loose change lost down the back of a couch. The same is true of Glitter Force - it's not aiming to please the tiny number of Americans who watch fansubbed PreCure, it's aiming at the millions of little girls who don't know or care what anime even is. For that audience, the stuff that screams "Japan" is an obstacle keeping them away rather than a draw.