Otaku University Student
I enjoyed it. Though I would have loved if they had made the ghosts the actual villains (in a Blade kind of way). We need the extra set up of a victim of the week that is only related tangentially to the entire enterprise and we also need an extra villain.

^ Why would you want that? If anything, victims of the week can hamper the show if done poorly (eg: Wizard).

The problems with the victims in Wizard was that they were unlikable, making it VERY hard to root for them. I think victims of the week are fine for the most part, but I'm not sure how it would work with ghost.

Otaku University Student
^ Why would you want that? If anything, victims of the week can hamper the show if done poorly (eg: Wizard).

Yes, you misunderstood me. To rephrase,

"I enjoyed it. Though I would have loved if they had made the ghosts the actual villains (in a Blade kind of way). As it is, we are using up a lot of time for extra set up of a victim of the week that is only related tangentially to the entire enterprise and we also need an extra villain. "

The problems with the victims in Wizard was that they were unlikable, making it VERY hard to root for them. I think victims of the week are fine for the most part, but I'm not sure how it would work with ghost.

It worked best in W, OOO and Fourze because the victim either was the MOTW himself, or directly tied to him. In Wizard the victim was always a "maybe he might become a Phantom" so the heroes were doing guard duty all the time, which slowed them down, and diverted development more toward the victim than the main characters. Wizard would've flowed much better if they had revamped the concept of the Phantoms, perhaps where they kill people through fear or whatever to gather their "mana" for Wiseman's plans (and create new Phantoms in the process if they get lucky), and Haruto and Co. are racing to keep up and save as many people as possible.

I haven't watched Ghost yet, though I might in the upcoming week. I'll see how I like it.

Lurker
I hate how they are bringing more and more features from sentai. First, annoying mascot learned to speak. Now, stock footage henshins. Like, I'm glad most of henshins in the episode remained to be "real time", but I am afraid they might delve into prebacked sequences more often as the time goes on. Which is a shame. It's more immersive and creative when henshins happen on the actual set, with different camera angles and sometimes, with creative twists (for example jumping of building).

I also find it utterly obnoxious how everyone is overacting so much, chewing the scenery and mugging into the camera during a close up.

Personally I really like the mascot this time around. For me he's pretty funny. I really loved the Tokujo last time as well, and everyone seemed to hate them. Maybe I just click in with Japanese humor more than some.

What's a prebacked sequence?

I'm happy if they do a good job with monster of the week stuff, but I agree that it should be more like Fourze than Wizard (though I loved both series).

I kinda like the OP song.

That artifact in the basement with the symbol of Ghost seems to be connected to Ghost and to Takeru's father...

I think the fight sequence being invisible to normal humans to be interesting so far.
Looks like they're doing 1 story per episode currently in order to introduce 1 form, like in sentai. Not sure what to think about that yet, but it's ok so far.