Kamen Rider 2015-2016 New/Rumours Thread : Kamen Rider Ghost

Heroes are forever
And even if you wanted to go along with the "portray all Western figures except the ones we want you to worship as villains, even if they themselves are flawed" line of thinking, this is the same franchise that produced Starfish Hitler. It wouldn't be too out there.
I'm surprised I need to remind you that Starfish Hitler was not a form for a Kamen Rider, nor were any of the other historical-figures-based kaijin.

Not that I'm advocating the promotion of historical inaccuracy, but hardly anyone will know who Tesla is... Unless you're talking about the Tesla Coil.

Also, out of curiosity, why are so many people taking this historical/legacy/legend thing so seriously?
Nah, he's famous. He's known.

Columbus basically started slavery

What?? How do you blatantly say something that nonsensical?

Didn't even discover America.

Yet he was the catalyst that got Europeans to settle the Americas. The Chinese (assuming they did in fact sail to the west coast at one point) didn't even do that at the height of their empires. I think that counts for something.

I'm surprised I need to remind you that Starfish Hitler was not a form for a Kamen Rider, nor were any of the other historical-figures-based kaijin.

The point is, they were put in the show despite whatever historical controversies they may have had. One of the GOD kaijin even had a Geronimo motif, and he'd probably be seen in a more or less positive light.

Heroes are forever
The point is, they were put in the show despite whatever historical controversies they may have had. One of the GOD kaijin even had a Geronimo motif, and he'd probably be seen in a more or less positive light.
At the end of the day, they were all villains. Here, however, we're gonna have them as part of the hero, therefore making them heroes by extension.
Or, well... you could argue that this is not necessarily so, but the alleged sound at least shows that he is portrayed in a positive light: "The best one! Grand voyage!"

tl;dr Columbus basically started slavery, which is terrible.
Slavery has existed from earliest pre-history all the way up to the present day. While Columbus was indeed at the forefront of the transatlantic slave trade in particular, sadly a lot of suffering had already happened before that. Or maybe you're suggesting that the Santa Maria was equipped with a flux capacitor?

Anyway, this thread is nosediving ever closer to violating Godwin's law, so in a desperate attempt to steer the discussion into lighter territory...do we think we'll get to see Ghost transform in the final episode of Drive, or will they keep it for his own first episode?

Last edited:
Lurker
do we think we'll get to see Ghost transform in the final episode of Drive, or will they keep it for his own first episode?

I think they'll probably save it for the first episode of Ghost, but I've been wondering the same thing myself.

Kamen Rider Klock
do we think we'll get to see Ghost transform in the final episode of Drive, or will they keep it for his own first episode?

Probably in his first episode. They did the same thing with Gaim, teasing that to see the full transformation, you'd have to watch Gaim's first episode.

So, which Damashi do you think will be used in the show and which won't? I'm gonna say that Da Vinci and Darwin may be used in the show, The Grimm brothers being the same kind of form as Deadheat, and Unification for Spectre's final form. Santa Claus will probably not be used because it's being branded as an EX Eyecon, and most Christmas cake collectibles aren't used (Gaim's Christmas Lockseed, Drive's Holy Christmas Shift Car, etc etc.)

Shining~
Oh my God, he looks like Pepsi Man

LOL :laugh:

So, which Damashi do you think will be used in the show and which won't?

Ore Spectre doesn't seem like it's going to be used in the show, especially with that long delay between the two chants.

Ishinomori also feels like it will be a gift EX Eyecon, not something that would be used in the series. At most, it will get a one-shot like Type High Speed.

I would be surprised if Goemon, Ikkyu, and Ryoma didn't make it to the show, considering this is still a Japanese show after all.

I hope Galileo makes it to the show, star-based powers would be awesome.

Kamehameha might not make it to the show, mostly due to being more popular as a Dragon Ball finisher :laugh:

Slavery has existed from earliest pre-history all the way up to the present day. While Columbus was indeed at the forefront of the transatlantic slave trade in particular, sadly a lot of suffering had already happened before that. Or maybe you're suggesting that the Santa Maria was equipped with a flux capacitor?

Anyway, this thread is nosediving ever closer to violating Godwin's law, so in a desperate attempt to steer the discussion into lighter territory...do we think we'll get to see Ghost transform in the final episode of Drive, or will they keep it for his own first episode?

Yeah I should have been clearer that he was a major player in the transatlantic slave trade my bad.

As per your second point, I think we'll at least see Ghost out of suit in some form at the very least. I would assume they save the henshin for next week

Otaku University Student
At the end of the day, they were all villains. Here, however, we're gonna have them as part of the hero, therefore making them heroes by extension.
Or, well... you could argue that this is not necessarily so, but the alleged sound at least shows that he is portrayed in a positive light: "The best one! Grand voyage!"

Personally? I don't think it really matters. At this point in time, they're long gone and their actual lives are pretty disconnected from the legacy and deeds that they did (or what people remember them for). Only their powers count, nothing more, nothing less. I seriously doubt that this will have any serious or negative implications.