General Discussion What keeps you going?

I'm saving a lot for a VERY special trip ;) That's what is keeping me going and keeps me completely focused :D I basically do what I've to do everyday... because I've no choice and complaining won't get the things done. Gosh, there have been so many mornings I just wish I could just keep on sleeping, but no... I get up and do it. LOL, no idea how I do that honestly.

Don't worry, I think you have all the right to drift for a bit and relax :) You have a nice family and children, so I think it's a great idea to just sit and relax for a bit :)

It's great to save for a trip, I used to travel a lot before I had kids, enjoy it now while you can!!! ;)

It's great to save for a trip, I used to travel a lot before I had kids, enjoy it now while you can!!! ;)

I will, Capa :) This trip is more important for me than any other trip I've ever made, by the way! So the sacrifices I'm making right now are really worth it!

What keeps me going is just the desire to improve my circumstances in life. I am not physically able to have a job anymore, and my senior SS pension is only a little over $400 a month, so it is a struggle just to keep the basic necessities in life taken care of.

I don't want to ask for help from my children, or become a burden to anyone, so I am learning to work online and the money I make is how I have the little extra things in life.

Doing the things that allow me to live a better life help me to feel better about myself, and that is what keeps me going each day, doing the best I can.

Hi Happyflowerlady! Something similar is happening in my life right now, I'm unable to have a physical job right now, and that's why I've been working online for a couple of years ago. I recently lost my main source of income online (I used to be a freelance writer), so things have been pretty rough ever since.

Right now I do everything I can to make some money online, but it's not the same :(

I must say I really admire you for what you're doing! I hope you children can help you from time to time at least. I know that once my situation improves and I manage to have a better job, I'll surely try to help my mom as much as possible. After all, our mothers are the real treasures in this life.

I will, Capa :) This trip is more important for me than any other trip I've ever made, by the way! So the sacrifices I'm making right now are really worth it!

The more you talk about it, the more curious you make me (yes, I am like the cat, you do have that saying in English right), what trip is this you are talking about?

sos

What keeps me going is the fact that I have to become the best at what I do. I want to be a writer and get as much achievement as The Late Sydney Sheldon. That is what keeps me going that hunger for success.

I'm saving up for a trip to London(which might not happen yet, timetable pending) this month again, plus odd bits of band merchandise. For example, a vinyl, CD, coffee and some beer haha.

The more you talk about it, the more curious you make me (yes, I am like the cat, you do have that saying in English right), what trip is this you are talking about?

It's just a trip to the Netherlands :p But it's not just a trip for me... a lot things could happen after I go on this trip... :) and that's the main reason I'm working towards this goal every single day :D I'm a very curious person as well ;)

I'm saving up for a trip to London(which might not happen yet, timetable pending) this month again, plus odd bits of band merchandise. For example, a vinyl, CD, coffee and some beer haha.

That's cool, saving for a trip over here as well, mine is to the Netherlands tho :) This trip could change my whole life for good, at its best... at its worst, well... I could just have a blast! ;)

Knowing that there is something good to watch on television is what keeps me going. I can see the shock on all your faces, ha! That's partially true but there's more to me than that. I have to feed my family and take care of my folks. Having people who need me and love me is what keeps me going - I can't afford to fail them or disappoint myself in that area.

What keeps me going is life itself. My family, friends, and everything is between keeps me going. Even on a better day, I will know things will get better eventually.