Ninninger or "does Toei really want to make sentai worse and worse year after year"?

D

Dr Kain

Yeah, that I can't agree with. I gave up on ToQ after 5 episodes, I have given up on Nin with 22, and I watched all of Go-Buster and Kyoryu. However, Nin and Kyoryu are/were far better than Go-Buster because they at least have energy in their show. Go-Buster was just flat, uninteresting and boring all of the way through. The best things about Go-Buster were that it tried to do something different and the new miniatures they were using. However, the Buddyroids are one of the worst things to ever happen in a Sentai series.

Anyway, I really hope Toei has something good planned for next year's series. It is the 40th anniversary after all, and if their show is just another piece of crap, I think it will be time to take a few years off from Sentai like I did with Kamen Rider after Decade.

Anyway, I really hope Toei has something good planned for next year's series. It is the 40th anniversary after all, and if their show is just another piece of crap, I think it will be time to take a few years off from Sentai like I did with Kamen Rider after Decade.

You didn't watch Double? :disappoin
I thought that was pretty decent (...well anything was decent after abysmal Decade).
Not to mention, it was written by Riku Sanjo, who wrote Kyoryuger, so I'm pretty sure you would enjoy it.

This is just me, but I've tend to enjoy even year sentai series (Go-busters, ToQger; which has gotten mixed~negative reception), than odd year series (Gokaiger, Kyoryuger, and Ninninger; which has gotten more favorable reception).
If the pattern continues, than next series is the one the I might enjoy (...at least more than Ninninger IMO).

PowerPhantom245 said:
(Gokaiger, Kyoryuger, and Ninninger; which has gotten more favorable reception)

I don't know about you, but Ninninger's reception has been pretty universally negative. Yeah, it's better received than ToQger but that's not saying much at all. From what I can tell, this show has far fewer fans than Kyoryuger or Gokaiger had.

Ninninger is better received than ToQger? IIRC some people viewed ToQger favorably, while basically everybody disliked Ninninger....

Ninninger is better received than ToQger? IIRC some people viewed ToQger favorably, while basically everybody disliked Ninninger....

Personally, at least with ToQger with its mediocre middle, was able to keep me interested with the sentai with the curiousity of ToQ #1 and the villians, while Ninninger literally bored me in less than 7 episodes. I was originally thinking about dropping the show after episode 5, but then decided to give it an extra chance. I still will give it a chance when it gets to the 30's, but I don't really expect much from it. I did find ToQger better than Kyoryuger and (So far) ninninger, but not by that much.

D

Dr Kain

Nah, I definitely think Nin is way better than ToQ. Nin is just boring, ToQ was stupid boring.

You didn't watch Double? :disappoin
I thought that was pretty decent (...well anything was decent after abysmal Decade).
Not to mention, it was written by Riku Sanjo, who wrote Kyoryuger, so I'm pretty sure you would enjoy it..

I did. I watched W, OOO, and Fourze during the summer when Fourze was about to end, so I managed to get through everything just as episode 48 to Fourze was airing. It was nice to watch the shows without the weekly waits and stuff. In fact, doing it that way is what got me back into Kamen Rider.

Nah, I definitely think Nin is way better than ToQ. Nin is just boring, ToQ was stupid boring.

I did. I watched W, OOO, and Fourze during the summer when Fourze was about to end, so I managed to get through everything just as episode 48 to Fourze was airing. It was nice to watch the shows without the weekly waits and stuff. In fact, doing it that way is what got me back into Kamen Rider.

That's the funny thing about me and watching sentai without the weekly waits and stuff. If I watch a bad sentai with the weekly waits, then I'll easily drop it, but if i marathon a sentai that ends up being bad, I feel like I just burned myself out for nothing watching a mediocre sentai. That's what happened to me with magiranger. It was just WAY TOO FORMULAIC (even for Sentai standards, which is saying something). About the kamen rider part, I don't watch it since I'm not really a fan of the heisei kamen riders, but If I were to watch one, which one would you recommend to me? I personally would stick to the showa ones since they did feel a bit more interesting, but I'm willing to give a heisei one a chance.

D

Dr Kain

If you want to watch a Heisei rider series, do Blade. It is just an absolutely fantastic show from start to finish. After that, I would say either Agito, Ryuki, or Kiva. If you want Neo Heisei, you can go wrong with any of the first three (W, OOO, Fourze) and Gaim.

As for Ninninger, is it even worth my time to watch the American monsters arc that just ended?

If you want to watch a Heisei rider series, do Blade. It is just an absolutely fantastic show from start to finish. After that, I would say either Agito, Ryuki, or Kiva. If you want Neo Heisei, you can go wrong with any of the first three (W, OOO, Fourze) and Gaim.

As for Ninninger, is it even worth my time to watch the American monsters arc that just ended?

Thanks for some recommendations dr. kain. Also, I thinking about going back into ninninger now starting from 11 where I stopped, but I'm having some SERIOUS doubt about it. I really feel like Im gonna burn myself out from the next 10 episodes. So yeah

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Strange, I thought Blade went downhill shortly after Leangle was introduced.