Ninninger or "does Toei really want to make sentai worse and worse year after year"?

This is why people are having problem with you. How are you going to convince people to your side of your argument if you keep insulting there intelligence of understating the shows? You only just alienating them more.

I don't care if they have a problem with me. I only care if I'm proven to be wrong or not. If I am, I'll quietly concede the point.

Man Prinoftherng was right about you have massive superiority complex who had got to be right all the time. Over a tv show.

D

Dr Kain

Again, nonsense. WTF are you getting these from?

But the basis for the opinion is entirely wrong, and I think it's fair to call out people on that. I mean, calling Daigo and Kai "incompetent"? They were the best rangers (in terms of fighting ability) in both their shows, for crying out loud.

I mean, I'm sorry if it feels like I'm personally attacking people, but I just really don't like it when incorrect stuff starts spreading around.

I don't care if they have a problem with me. I only care if I'm proven to be wrong or not. If I am, I'll quietly concede the point.

Damn dude, chill out, it's just as children's TV show.

Sierra Hotel India Echo Lima Delta
But that his opinion its does not matter if his right.

This is why people are having problem with you. How are you going to convince people to your side of your argument if you keep insulting there intelligence of understating the shows? You only just alienating them more.

Those are fallacies.

But we don't seem to be arguing over something objective, so it shouldn't really matter.

The problem is whether there's even a right and wrong in the first place. This is about a TV show, so probably no.

Topic-wise, I've only gotten through episode 1 of Ninninger. Boy, was that episode cringe-worthy. The only good thing was the comedy. Everything else was so horrid that you have to convince yourself it's all part of the joke. The acting and the pacing... that pain in the ass pacing. If only I never listened to hearsay I would still have hope for that show, but all the negative ideas seemed probable enough to discourage me from watching it some more. Taka has Daigo's personality, but the acting (or script) is awful. Yakumo reminds me of the wretched Kamen Rider Cardbo...I mean Wizard (and it's not just because of the magic crap). Nagi looks destined for uselessness. While the girls, Fuuka and Kasumi, are decent, although Fuuka's actress needs to turn it up. The pacing of that episode was... as I've lamented, crap. Simply inferring from that, I gotta agree they really didn't care much for the plot of this show. As a guy who actually cares about the toys, the sounds I've heard were excessively annoying. They're all so overdone, an instrumental would be better than annoyingly chanting "Nin" over and over. As for personality, I really don't mind whether it's an "idiot Red" or a "serious Red" or an AkibaRed, as long as it's not a cardboard character (in writing and in acting) and actually has some development. I'm actually dumbfounded as to why people judge characters as real people rather than as fictional characters. Like how people hate Kusaka/Kaixa because he's a jerk. So if a character's a dick, why should you care as long as it fits with the character dynamic/plot? If everyone was an up-to-standard human being then boy, that would be boring.

^ I think the problem with Kusaka is that Inoue just went overboard with his deception of him. A hero who's not so heroic is one thing, but he wrote Kusaka to be a complete jerk to people for no reason, extremely petty, and obsessed with Mari. None of those things are bad in and of themselves, but added together and dialed up, it felt like an over-the-top annoying caricature rather than a legitimate alternative POV chatacter.

The acting's improved only a little after 20plus episodes... (The difference in acting abilities is glaring compared to Drive, especially when I watch it before or after Ninninger, so now I push watching Ninnin to a different day)

I like Kinji/Starninger though and am looking forward to more of him in the upcoming arc.
Oh, and Kyuemon too - I want to know more of his backstory.
The yokai designs are also quite interesting.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
In fairness, and saying this as someone who likes both Ninninger and the Drive cast, I doubt the Drive cast would do well with Ninninger's material either

shinkenchange!starninger!
i am going to give a crack at this, i dont know much about the ratings but just going by the fourth quarter arcs, i think the main reason why they drop off so easy is because the last stories are always dark and it really turns off the audience. just like when gobusters was dark and the ratings were really poor.

i think what's working for sentai now is the humor and light toned stories.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
That may be part of the reason why Go-Busters's ratings were almost a percentage point lower than Gokaiger's - but Kyoryuger and ToQger were both light and humorous in tone (most of the time) and yet had ratings about the same or a little lower than Go-Busters

Woah, relax people! Like the Ninger said:

CL8KdViWsAAsZNd.png
i am going to give a crack at this, i dont know much about the ratings but just going by the fourth quarter arcs, i think the main reason why they drop off so easy is because the last stories are always dark and it really turns off the audience. just like when gobusters was dark and the ratings were really poor.
IIRC the worst rated episodes for both Rider and Sentai episodes are usually around the middle of the series. The main characters are all introduced and setup, everything's settled in and it's a long wait before things really get mixed up again in the last dozen episodes or so.

Ratings are for all viewers watching TV at that time. More useful in the case of Sentai (and sadly hardly ever leaked out) are age-specific figures. I'm only going by memory but Gokaiger, Goseiger et all usually had about 10-15% of all under ten year olds watching. That's a significant chunk of the schoolground. Then Go-Busters came along and was apparently only getting about 6-7% of under ten year olds watching. The number of adults may have remained constant, but the lack of teeny eyes watching was the bigger concern as they're the ones the show is aimed at. I haven't seen any figures out there on the net to indicate if Kyoryu, ToQ or Ninnin have improved matters for that demographic.

Last edited: