Kamen Rider 2015-2016 New/Rumours Thread : Kamen Rider Ghost

Everywhere You Go
I was thinking the same thing lol. I think a good example of a manly looking actor to use is Hiroaki Iwanaga, who is Akira Date's actor in Kamen Rider OOO. Having someone that looks manly like him, but younger, playing the main Rider who is tough and everything in personality would be nice. Would be a bonus if they're hot-blooded too.

But I don't really have a problem with "pretty boy" actors still playing the main Riders. I'm just saying what I personally want.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Takeuchi isn't a "pretty-boy" type. He's very handsome and he's not exactly a macho-man either; but he certainly doesn't have the "delicate" look that people complain about with regard to Heisei Riders. (Not just because he's tall, either. He's the same height as Tomoya Warabino who plays Heart, but Warabino is much more "pretty.")

I guess actors' looks don't always relate to physical strength though, e.g. the guy who played ToQ-4 is "pretty" yet he's a national karate champion ...

Honestly, as long as these guys can act, I don't care at all how they look. Besides, Toei has been hiring attractive men for Kamen Rider since the very beginning. Maybe not quite as "delicate", but certainly handsome fellows. It's just that tastes have changed and now Toei hires what is considered attractive today.

I read the Ryosuke Yamamoto speculation too when I was hounding for information last Thursday, and it sounds like it could match up with what Toei usually looks for. Still, I'm going to treat it with a grain of salt anyways, just so I don't get blindsided like I did on Friday.

Really, any JUNON Super Boy finalist that's not been in Kamen Rider or Sentai yet is likely to show up ... and the few remaining D-Boys that haven't done any tokusatsu work

nPDPTHk.jpg

03k5TEP.png

bC4O390.png

fSi0RkE.png

Newton Ghost Eyecon sold with the Surprise Future Set

fMml63c.jpg

The Ghost Driver looks really big and bulky

Actors can be both "masculine" and be a "pretty-boy"...
as long as they act the characters well...
The acting in Drive has been really good so far
Being in such a show increase their profiles and the experience help them in their careers.

For example, Suda Masaki(W) has been doing really well and Takasugi Mahiro(Micchi) is starting to make it big too. Both of them are well-regarded for their acting.

Lurker
Are we gonna have to wait until the press conference to see the main cast? Is there any rumours?

Are we gonna have to wait until the press conference to see the main cast? Is there any rumours?

Only rumour so far is the Yamamoto one. Yep, we'll have to wait till the press conference to see the main cast. According to TaintedSeraph's news blog, the music video for Ghost's OP was filmed on Sunday, and although Ghost's actor was present no one recognised him

(that sounds like an interesting shoot. With the exception of W, no other show in recent years has had the Rider's civilian identity appear in the video ...)

Toku Prince
Only rumour so far is the Yamamoto one. Yep, we'll have to wait till the press conference to see the main cast. According to TaintedSeraph's news blog, the music video for Ghost's OP was filmed on Sunday, and although Ghost's actor was present no one recognised him

(that sounds like an interesting shoot. With the exception of W, no other show in recent years has had the Rider's civilian identity appear in the video ...)

While there were reports saying it was the lead actor, I'm starting to think it could've been the singer instead. People wouldn't really know the difference (unless Toei's staff announced that it was the actor but I doubt it). As for the Ghost Driver, I like the toy better in that photo than others. You can make out more details (such as a creepy mouth hidden behind the "sheet").

I still hate the huge, tacky handle though. The speaker placement isn't the greatest too considering they've hid it better before.