Kamen Rider 2015-2016 New/Rumours Thread : Kamen Rider Ghost

"Training."
He rides a bike AND has a ship which then combines to form a freaking lizard.

LMAO

I know the logo is cool but I can see the actual suit behind the logo. Please give us the full body shot...

Toku Prince
Here's the synopsis:

Here is the synopsis for Kamen Rider Ghost’s plot:

Our hero, Takeru Tenkuuji, aims to become a Ghost Hunter. One day, a mysterious eyeball called the “Ghost Icon (Ore Tamashii)” is sent to him by his deceased father.

However, Takeru ends up being killed by a Ganma (a monster from another world) that was after the Ghost Icon! In order to save his childhood friend Akari from the Ganma, Takeru is granted a temporary life by using the Ghost Icon with the Ghost Driver to become a Kamen Rider!

Now, as Kamen Rider Ghost, Takeru must travel the world to collect the 15 Ghost Icons of “Great Men” in 99 days so that he can be granted one wish. Takeru is thrown into a war that may change the fate of the world itself!

... and Kamen Rider Spectre and the Bankei Ghost Icon:

[hide] tumblr_nrnq1elDcK1utj85ho4_r1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nrnq1elDcK1utj85ho2_1280.jpg
[/hide]

MV Maker
Combining the bike with something else like that kinda reminds me of Wizard and his Dragon.

Our hero, Takeru Tenkuuji, aims to become a Ghost Hunter. One day, a mysterious eyeball called the “Ghost Icon (Ore Tamashii)” is sent to him by his deceased father.

However, Takeru ends up being killed by a Ganma (a monster from another world) that was after the Ghost Icon! In order to save his childhood friend Akari from the Ganma, Takeru is granted a temporary life by using the Ghost Icon with the Ghost Driver to become a Kamen Rider!

Now, as Kamen Rider Ghost, Takeru must travel the world to collect the 15 Ghost Icons of “Great Men” in 99 days so that he can be granted one wish. Takeru is thrown into a war that may change the fate of the world itself!

That... Actually sounds really awesome.

A little like Yuyu Hakusho with the MC being killed in the first episode?

Ghost has one horn, Spectre has two horns. If there's a third rider, will he have three horns or no horns? :laugh:

Great Men huh? Actual historical figures?
So was the earlier info on the Beethoven, Billy the Kid, Nobunaga etc icons accurate?
I think it would be a good opportunity to teach kids about world history.

Last edited:
DX Benkei Ghost Icon? As in the figure who died while standing? As in, Ben-K from Metalder?

And Ganma? Maybe Gunmajin will make an appearance :p

There's no doubt that one Rider alone can't carry the show by himself, these days, especially with Ryuki & Gaim. Mostly because the 2nd Rider is needed to shake the main Rider & his supporters out of their nest. It's the same with 6th Ranger.

That's true i guess this is the reason why they use a secondary rider for the series but still i think the franchise a single hero show for once despite that it's the era of collectibles and secondary heroes.

The Kamen Rider series has dealt with bad ratings since Ryuki and fans thought Blade was going to be the last Rider show. As long if toy sales are good then the shows will keep on being made. Toei said that ratings are a after thought to them and that merchandise sales are important. Hibiki had good ratings, but the merchandise sales where not so great. Even some of their anime shows from Toei like Dragon Ball Kai (before they brought it back) had good ratings, but the merchandise sales didn't live up as they hope for.

So all toei and bandai does is focusing on toy sales what's wrong with this darn system it just like the thing that happened to young justice why couldn't they focus less on the toys and more on the ratings story and entertainment is more than toys okay lord if bandai cares about toys how about they make a original toy franchise and have a superhero franchise revolve around their toys rather than kamen rider and super sentai they are entertainment franchise not a toy franchise merchandise sales doesn't matter anyway.

Hibiki didn't really have good ratings for the time though. They were better than Blade's, but still lower than everything before it, and it took half of the series for that to happen in the first place since the ratings were steadily rising through it (so, if you just took an average of the first 20 episodes or so, it'd be lower than the final average).

That might be true due to production problems.

Toy sales have always been largest in the first quarter, when everything to do with the show is shiny new. Way back when, toy sales then nosedived and it didn't matter so much because there were other considerations like ratings etc. But in the 90s toy sales became the priority and a show couldn't get away with having lousy sales for 3/4 of the year. So they brought in ways to support later waves - 6th rangers, secondary Riders et all. Even nowadays, as soon as the episodes featuring the last new toys have been filmed Toei starts transferring people over to the new show, leaving the finale to be filmed by little more than a skeleton crew.

That is so sad very sad indeed

Joking aside, even if I don't think reality will ever link up with kamsasdn's idealistic vision, it's always nice to see that there are still people that can be that optimistic about the future of Kamen Rider :sweat:
Gee thanks a lot :redface2:

Actually it failed because it started doing the exact opposite of being repetitive. Each show after V3 was such a change from the formula that reception was a bit lower than how it had been for the original and V3. That's one of the reasons why Amazon was so short. Another reason why it initally ended with Stronger was because they were moving on with Goranger. Series were unheard of back then and both Toei and Ishinomori preferred to do entirely different series rather than create spin-offs/sequels.

The second cancel with Super-1 came because they completely blew it with the second half by moving it to the current Sunday morning timeslot and retooling the show to be more light-hearted than it originally was. It had nothing to do with the fact that Super-1 was a lone Rider like his predecessor. As a matter of fact, it was another step towards the multi-form direction with the multiple hands Super-1 had, not to mention he was the first Rider to have multiple bikes.

The third cancel with BLACK RX came because the reception for that show had been low, as it still is nowadays. Another reason (among the many there were) was because a parody Rider show, Kamen Norida was around at the time and it was changing public perception of Kamen Rider to make it seem more comical. The other notable reason was that Toei was banking on Metal Heroes; some have argued that BLACK RX was pretty much a Metal Hero in disguise. It was the reverse situation of now, if you will; recently, we saw Metal Hero attempt a comeback, but it didn't ultimately happen because Rider and Sentai are still profitable enough. Back then there was no reason to take risks with continuing Kamen Rider since Sentai and Metal Heroes were succesful enough.

You may have a point about that, it happens to doctor who once (kind of) but if people are tired of sentai and kamen rider maybe both franchise should take a rest for maybe 20 or 30 years while bandai and toei should come up with a new superhero franchise to entertain the audience (and to market their products)

As has been said, the single-Rider format can work with the following things:

-Lots and lots of forms for the hero
-Previous Riders returning, probably gaining a new form while they're at it (either like or unlike Decade did).
-Other superpowered individuals appear, but are not called Kamen Rider. Depending on your point of view, this may still apply as a multi-Rider series. (I'd like to take this opportunity to say how much I wished Machine Chaser to remain with that name).

All of those are risky though. But then again, so was Gaim.

You know i think these could work when it is used for a anniversary season also as for the part with "Other superpowered individuals appear, but are not called Kamen Rider" i think that could work as well just to go back to its showa roots a bit by having a hero just be kamen rider only while the other allies who are superpowered are not. They might be risky but they could work.

Gaim's toy sales weren't Fourze or OOO tier, but they still beat everything else in spite of the 2nd quarter drop. Gaim showed that a multi-Rider show can work for the first time since Ryuki. And now Drive has a worse 2nd quarter drop (and overall lower sales) than either Wizard or Gaim. For the first time we have a post Decade show actually having worse numbers than Decade for at least one quarter. It's clear that going after the OOO/Fourze money isn't working very well.

so what they should do now cancelled the rider franchise if ghost toy sales fail as well.

Here's the synopsis:
Here is the synopsis for Kamen Rider Ghost’s plot:

That's look almost like the thing i predicted and it kinda reminds me of the part with revive as cyborg part back from the showa days also traveling the world that going to take a lot of budget unless they change it to have heroic japan figures and maybe heroic ones from around the world located in each parts of japan.

So I wonder if we will be back to two riders again or do a show with 3+. Since Wizard, we had at least more then two riders. Wizard had Wizard, Beast, Wiseman and the Mages. Gaim had Gaim, Baron, Ryugen and a **** ton more. Drive had Drive, Mach and Chaser.