"Training."
Renewal of Secondary Riders to go with the newer Primary Rider sculpts. Also, my only complaint about Blade is his head. To me it looks a bit too small.

Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto
Ryuki, Blade and Den-O Sword Form are pretty much perfect in my opinion. I think the Rider's ultimate forms and secondary riders could need some renewals. Shinkocchou Seihou figuarts of Kabuto's Hyper Form and Decade's Complete Form would be nice. I won't mind Shinkocchou Seihou figuarts of Diend, Gatack, and G3 since they could need a upgrade as well.

They've hinted at making renewals of them regardless of what you think. I also feel that the Ryuki and Blade bodies in general are perfect(I'm especially biased towards the Ryuki bodies because of the diecast feet) but apparently Bandai doesn't feel the same way we do. I think the Shinkocchou Figuart bodies should just become the new standard but there's absolutely no way that's happening.

Pretty much every old Figuart needs a renewal. I can't think of a single old Figuart that doesn't look and feel like **** today.

Renewal of Secondary Riders to go with the newer Primary Rider sculpts. Also, my only complaint about Blade is his head. To me it looks a bit too small.

Come to think of it, I don't think there's a single figure where they've gotten every proportion right. I actually prefer the proportions on the figures for the most part(except for extreme cases like the Faiz Figuarts) because some of the suits on the show look absurdly stupid.

MV Maker
Pretty much every old Figuart needs a renewal. I can't think of a single old Figuart that doesn't look and feel like **** today.

Well, by the time they finished them all, the early Renewals would look like ****. Then where would we be. ;)

Come to think of it, I don't think there's a single figure where they've gotten every proportion right. I actually prefer the proportions on the figures for the most part(except for extreme cases like the Faiz Figuarts) because some of the suits on the show look absurdly stupid.

I'll certainly give you that. Since opening Renewal Kuuga, I just can't shake the feeling that his arms are tiny (the enormous chest probably doesn't help), while stuff like Gaim is fine.

Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto
Well, by the time they finished them all, the early Renewals would look like ****. Then where would we be. ;)

I'll certainly give you that. Since opening Renewal Kuuga, I just can't shake the feeling that his arms are tiny (the enormous chest probably doesn't help), while stuff like Gaim is fine.

Your first point can only go so far though. Figuarts are already at the zenith of quality of action figures worldwide(at least in my opinion. I think western figures are an absolute joke compared to Figuarts and whatnot) There's no way Figuarts will ever get that much better than what we have now unless the Shinkocchou bodies SOMEHOW blow my mind away again. Think about it. How much better can Figuarts get? Proportions completely accurate to the suits? I can't see that being practically possible since some suits would actually look really bad if they were completely accurately translated into figure form. It'd require some really insane engineering to make it look good and practical in figure form...maybe they'll pull something out in the next 5 years?

MV Maker
Your first point can only go so far though. Figuarts are already at the zenith of quality of action figures worldwide(at least in my opinion. I think western figures are an absolute joke compared to Figuarts and whatnot) There's no way Figuarts will ever get that much better than what we have now unless the Shinkocchou bodies SOMEHOW blow my mind away again. Think about it. How much better can Figuarts get? Proportions completely accurate to the suits? I can't see that being practically possible since some suits would actually look really bad if they were completely accurately translated into figure form. It'd require some really insane engineering to make it look good and practical in figure form...maybe they'll pull something out in the next 5 years?

First of all, Figuarts are great, but they're not the Zenith of their kind (just look at Hot Toys or RAH). I get what you mean, but a little perspective never hurt anyone.

Give it a few years. When figuarts first came out, people were already touting them as the best action figures ever. That was six years ago. Now look at them. I can't imagine what they'll look like in six more years, but they WILL look better (and probably cost $80). Maybe they'll find a way to make those pesky joints invisible (or learn moving chest-pieces are stupid). It's all a matter of scope (I can tell you're a newer collector, so I can understand not fully getting that, but that doesn't change the fact that the line has kept getting better for as long as it's been around, and shows no signs of slowing down).

Basically, imagine RAH figures shrunk down to Figuarts size, with zero other downgrades. THAT'S the kind of potential I'm talking about.

Lurker
I would say Figuarts and Hot Toys are at the top of their respective scales.

I have to agree, you can't really compare Hot Toys or RAH to figuarts because of the massive scale difference. In the 6-inch scale, figuarts are the top of the mountain in my opinion.

Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto
First of all, Figuarts are great, but they're not the Zenith of their kind (just look at Hot Toys or RAH). I get what you mean, but a little perspective never hurt anyone.

Give it a few years. When figuarts first came out, people were already touting them as the best action figures ever. That was six years ago. Now look at them. I can't imagine what they'll look like in six more years, but they WILL look better (and probably cost $80). Maybe they'll find a way to make those pesky joints invisible (or learn moving chest-pieces are stupid). It's all a matter of scope (I can tell you're a newer collector, so I can understand not fully getting that, but that doesn't change the fact that the line has kept getting better for as long as it's been around, and shows no signs of slowing down).

Basically, imagine RAH figures shrunk down to Figuarts size, with zero other downgrades. THAT'S the kind of potential I'm talking about.

Hot Toys lines are amazing without a doubt but they are far from being affordable enough to collect or play around with like you would a Figuart. I'd consider Hot Toys a joke compared to Figuarts just because of the prices preventing you from having a decent collection. They're also of a different scale so I wouldn't compare them to Figuarts even though they're all just figurines.

I would love to agree with you on RAH but every figure I've gotten from that line(which is 6 at the moment) is riddled with QC issues straight out of the box. Wrong paint colors, paint scraps, loose joints, it's really stupid. On paper they would seem like the perfect Rider figures but this idea has been horribly executed and as much as I wanna get RAH Drive, I just can't come up with a reason to. The price tag doesn't help either, even though they're generally cheaper than Hot Toys. Even if there were zero QC issues(which I doubt, considering I have gotten a ridiculous amount of them with 6 figures in a row) I can't see them warranting the price tag. If you want a suit-accurate figure that badly...I'd still stay away from RAH. I would hardly consider RAH the zenith of Rider figures. They're missing a lot of Riders as well.

I don't like the thought of comparing 1/6 scale figures to Figuarts either. The difference in price is hardly a subject that can be discussed.

I've been collecting for a long time but I've only recently(last year maybe?) poured my passion into it. It used to merely be a hobby but at this point it's become so much more than that. I can sort of see what you mean. However, considering that they're still using the shitty old hip joints on new releases, I can't see them coming up with any breakthroughs within the next 2 years. 6 years...I can only hope for a miracle. I just can't stand that they're still using older bodies for new Figuarts just to possibly make renewals in the future. I've made at least 10 posts in this thread complaining about the old hip joints but it seriously bothers me that the option of better hips is open to them for every single Figuart yet they just don't make it a standard. I'm sure that I'm in the minority here but that's just my opinion.

RAH figures scaled down with zero issues sounds amazing...but so do RAH figures. Sounds beautiful on paper but if executed poorly...you get nothing but QC issues on incredibly expensive figures.

Last edited:
MV Maker
^I'm not talking about price or size, I'm talking strictly about quality. But I also don't think that it's unfair to say that figuarts look very much like shrunken-down 1/6 scale toys (like you said, no other 1/12 toyline holds up), so it's not hard for me to imagine them eventually looking exactly like a current downsized Hot Toy. I've seen downsized toys work out before (I'm a transformers fan, I know how this stuff works), so it's not impossible. Probable, not so much, admittedly (at least not for a few years).

Also, I admit it, the RAH thing was probably a bad comparison (I've never dealt with one, I just think the pictures look pretty).

Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto
^I'm not talking about price or size, I'm talking strictly about quality. But I also don't think that it's unfair to say that figuarts look very much like shrunken-down 1/6 scale toys (like you said, no other 1/12 toyline holds up), so it's not hard for me to imagine them eventually looking exactly like a downsized Hot Toy. I've seen downsized toys work out before (I'm a transformers fan, I know how this stuff works), so it's not impossible. Probable, not so much, admittedly (at least not for a few years).

Also, I admit it, the RAH thing was probably a bad comparison (I've never dealt with one, I just think the pictures look pretty).

Strictly quality? You're definitely right then, but is that really worth it in the long run? Realistically speaking, price has to be discussed especially with yourself in the long run. You are definitely going to have to give things a second thought when you're even thinking about paying $250 for a 1/6 scale figure just for the quality. I see your point and you're right but not in a way that matters or is realistic. We can talk strictly quality and you'd be 100% correct but we can't avoid prices.

I'd like to see your thoughts come to fruition but my point is that Bandai seems to be on a completely different page. Then again the Drive Figuarts have been blowing me away so far, so maybe I should just look forward to what they plan. I really enjoy the newer hips and especially the pull-out shoulders. I just miss die-cast feet. What bothers me is that they're still using old bodies on new releases, so it seems to me that they're not trying to innovate(at least not at the moment). Like, why don't we have a standard neck joint yet? At least for figures of the same series? There's no reason that Blade King Form should have such a better neck joint than Blade's base form.