MV Maker
So it been awhile, gotta ask what we're still missing for kamen rider, and what has not yet been release. Wasn't there a picture of omega from faiz and whats going on with kiva?
Man 6 years and we're still going and its kinda dieing now for all of us right.

I was in the middle of putting together a big list, but then I remembered this: S.H. Figuarts List.

Basically, all we're missing is J, Kiva (and most of his forms), the Masked Kabuto riders, and a bunch of miscellaneous movie and secondary riders (along with more current stuff). And some bikes, if you're into that (Although Rideron, RX's car, is coming out in a few months).

Kiva's been hinted at, but there's a sizeable chance Bandai's saving him for last in their "Shinkocchou Seihou" sub-line (wherein they're giving all 10 of the main heisei riders super high-quality updates. They've put out three so far).

Also, bear in mind that just because a figure shows up at a toy show doesn't mean it's guaranteed a release (as is the case with Orga, unfourtanetly).

D

Dr Kain

I don't think Bandai is going to do all of the riders in the renewal line. There is no need for Blade and Ryuki to get renewals.

BTW, C3PO and R2 Figuarts were revealed that seems to have gone by missed.

Did any of you score the new battle damaged Gokou? Missed out on it last night and now I'm not sure what to do.

MV Maker
Okay, I just got Doras in the mail, and I can say without any hesitation that this guy is THE most terrifying experience I've EVER had with an action figure. Why? Simple. The Horns.

Seriously, look at how this guy comes packaged!

IMgtyzU.jpg

Those things are made out of pretty thin plastic, and as someone who's broken far less delicate head crests (namely Shadow Moon), this is terrifying. Also, for those of you who can't read the instructions, it says the paint around his crotch can potentially rub off. Wonderful.

On top of that, he just seems a little short to me. He's about as tall as ZO, but I feel he should be taller (the fact that he's much wider than ZO probably doesn't help).

1PFlr1L.jpg

Last thing, I cannot for the life of me get his butt peg out to put the tail in (I'm sure a hair dryer would do the trick, but this guy is so fragile already that I don't want to risk it).

I hate to say it, but I cannot recommend this guy unless you're as big a ZO fan as I am. I really want to like this guy, and the fact that he looks so good despite this certainly helps, but I only just barely avoided regretting buying this guy.

Dull Brilliance
I think the next direction for Kamen Rider Figuarts will be manga versions. Figures modeled after the art style of Ishinomori's manga or Kamen Rider Spirits. J & Kiva are the only main Riders left. I'm sure we'll get renewals of Faiz, W, OOO & Wizard in the coming years. Probably renewals of the other main Heisei Riders too, even though Ryuki, Blade, Den-O & Fourze don't need them. Other than that and the random secondary & movie Riders that haven't been done yet, the only thing I see them doing is more kaijin. The Shocker/GelShocker generals, Jack Shogun, Gatezone, Joker Undead, Scorpio Worm, Decade version of Apollo Geist, Arms Monsters, rest of the Contract Mirror Monsters and some of the other more popular kaijin from here and there.

Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto
I think the next direction for Kamen Rider Figuarts will be manga versions. Figures modeled after the art style of Ishinomori's manga or Kamen Rider Spirits. J & Kiva are the only main Riders left. I'm sure we'll get renewals of Faiz, W, OOO & Wizard in the coming years. Probably renewals of the other main Heisei Riders too, even though Ryuki, Blade, Den-O & Fourze don't need them. Other than that and the random secondary & movie Riders that haven't been done yet, the only thing I see them doing is more kaijin. The Shocker/GelShocker generals, Jack Shogun, Gatezone, Joker Undead, Scorpio Worm, Decade version of Apollo Geist, Arms Monsters, rest of the Contract Mirror Monsters and some of the other more popular kaijin from here and there.

That sounds stupid as hell. I'd rather they stick to doing renewals because the older Figuart bodies have not aged well at all. Not saying that your idea is improbable or bad but I can't see them making a big deal out of it compared to how amazing the renewals have been. Looking at all the differences(big or little) between an older Figuart and it's renewal counterpart is absolutely mind blowing. I just wish they'd make kaijin with the newer hips. I can still hope for that when Heart comes out but that's over a month away.

But what could they add or improve to Ryuki and Blade?

I've had both since release and honestly...there's not much they could do if those two ever get renewals. Maybe reissue Blade with Blue Spader? Ryuki with alternate heads? I dunno.

MV Maker
But what could they add or improve to Ryuki and Blade?

Well, since you asked,

Blade:
Better (and wider) head sculpt (Like Garren, but with a better clear piece)
Alternate (smaller) Blay Rouzer to go in the scabbard when not in use
Better minor detail-work (like on the legs and forearms)
Better proportions (a la Kuuga Renewal)
No stickers on the card piece
A more realistic card piece (that doesn't need to move the hilt detail up)
An effect part for a Lightning Slash

Ryuki:
Fewer QC issues (okay, that one's personal, but still)
Better proportions (a la Kuuga Renewal)
More secure peg connections for the weapons
A less fragile Dragredder head (dem whiskers)
More pronounced eyes
Better-sized weapon holding hands (again, a personal issue)
A re-designed Drag Visor (one that stays closed and doesn't use such scratchable paint)

I know those sound like nitpicks (and they are), but they're the kind of updates all the Renewals have done so far. Bear in mind, Figuarts as a line has ALWAYS been evolving (the fact that we're getting renewals at all is proof of that), and that means that ANY figuart, no matter how solid it seems right now, is going to look dated after enough years have gone by. I used to think Den-O was amazing the same way you think Ryuki does. Now, not so much. Hell, even Renewal Kabuto is starting to show signs of age (dem hips).

Do I think Bandai SHOULD re-do Ryuki and Blade? No. Do I think they will? Yes (they've already teased it).
Remember, this is the same company that thought Renewal Shadow Moon was a good idea.

Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto
If I had to complain about Blade(and the other Blade Riders) it'd mostly be about the arms being unable to go all the way down due to his torso being so fucking wide. The Blade Figuarts also have really shitty necks except for Blade King Form and Leangle. Why they haven't decided on a universal neck joint(or hip joint) is absolutely mind boggling to me.

Ryuki, Blade and Den-O Sword Form are pretty much perfect in my opinion. I think the Rider's ultimate forms and secondary riders could need some renewals. Shinkocchou Seihou figuarts of Kabuto's Hyper Form and Decade's Complete Form would be nice. I won't mind Shinkocchou Seihou figuarts of Diend, Gatack, and G3 since they could need a upgrade as well.