So did Battle Ridewar 2 and Summon Ride bombed over in Japan?

Battride War 2 did pretty good in both sales and rating, sure it have a lot of bug and the load time is horrible, but it still a fun game and you sure to enjoy it if you're a Rider fan. As for SummonRide, there's a reason why that game is the 2014 KOTY (Kusoge of the Year) winner, an award given to the worst game in Japan. I'm not joking, the 2014 KOTY is really SummonRide.

Lurker
Battride War 2 did pretty good in both sales and rating, sure it have a lot of bug and the load time is horrible, but it still a fun game and you sure to enjoy it if you're a Rider fan. As for SummonRide, there's a reason why that game is the 2014 KOTY (Kusoge of the Year) winner, an award given to the worst game in Japan. I'm not joking, the 2014 KOTY is really SummonRide.

do you think Summonride was received so poorly because of the high cost of the game with all figures? The actual gameplay is pretty sweet, so I'm a bit surprised it was the worst game of 2014 in Japan. To me the two weak points of the game are the high cost and the game's setting seems very un-Kamen Rider.

The cost is yes, one of the main problem of the game, the base price of the game with three characters is already the same price (or maybe more) than Battride War 2. But the main problems that the Japanese fans are talking about is the overall game. I'm going to list out the complaints that I can remember :

- Nearly all of the contents are reused from Climax Heroes and Battride War.
- No interaction with the Riders, heck they don't even talk during cutscenes.
- The unforgiving difficulty spikes.
- Reusing the same stages and bosses over and over again.
- No love for the original character, as in Riders just randomly become mooks, even main Rider like OOO Burakawani.
- The Rider Gate being unresponsive.
- Horrible load time.
- There's really no need for this game to be a Rider game considering the setting.
- You need to buy more figures to get everything in the game.
- You cannot jump normally, making airborne enemies like Raydragoons and dodging hard.

There's many more that I don't remember or just can't read since it's in Japanese. There's an in-depth review in KOTY web, but it's in Japanese and Google Translate won't really help much.

http://koty.sakura.ne.jp/index.php?2014%C7%AF%20%C2%E7%BE%DE (KOTY review of SummonRide)
http://koty.sakura.ne.jp/index.php?2014%C7%AF%20%C1%ED%C9%BE (The nominates and winner of KOTY 2014)

K

Kamen Rider IXA

As for SummonRide, there's a reason why that game is the 2014 KOTY (Kusoge of the Year) winner, an award given to the worst game in Japan. I'm not joking, the 2014 KOTY is really SummonRide.
The bad is actually gonna be... bad. What a surprise! I guess creators just didn't see that coming...
Bandai should let CC2 handle Kamen Riders.

Lurker
Ugh. Mobile again. I would care if I could figure out how to make VPN work on my tablet, thus being able to actually play it... stupid regional restrictions.

Treasure Cards of the Underworld
Just get Dimps to make a Kamen Rider fighting game.

I'd very much say yes to this, though Super Climax Heroes had been pretty good just as well, but, yesss, a Dimps-made one'd be pretty cool, too, me thinks. : D