Kamen Rider 2015-2016 New/Rumours Thread : Kamen Rider Ghost

Lurker
An interesting thing I think they're pretty likely to utilize is the Japanese belief that certain more powerful spirits like Kami or Oni can actually shape-shift and transform into different animals or natural forces. Either that, or he'll summon different nature spirits to inhabit his suit, sort of similar to Den-O.

And, yeah, I think the rubber stamp thing makes a lot more sense working in a Rider belt than actual stamps. Especially if they're old & he has to hunt them down or something. Although... on second thought it seems pretty unlikely that they won't be plastic, or look anything like the image I have in my head...

Beyond that, there's a pretty varied folklore for the supernatural the world over. They could really take just about any route you could think of. Or, even, purposely utilize different cultures' folklore for different spirit enemies in different episodes.

Isn't there kind of a difference between Spirits and Ghosts though? Like I feel like a japanese spirit is the soul of something, where a ghost is the "echo" of someone who has died. So I feel like there probably won't be a big "yokai" presence in the show, though that's purely speculation of course. Cool ideas though.

Yeah, Yurei are typically different from Ayakashi and Yokai. They tend to be interspersed with each other in media, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if a show handled them all.

Yokai basically also covers "Yurei", humans who become haunting phantoms. The difference is that Yokai is a broader term, and also includes other types of creatures, like various supernatural monsters, humans that become non-ghostly monsters without dying and spirits from objects.

Ghost is a valid translation of Yokai though, but I doubt this series will be going with that considering how we have Ninninger running right now. It'd be kind of odd to have Rider and Sentai (villains) with the same theme in the same season.

Or maybe it would have nothing to do with Ghosts at all and instead be a spy-themed ala Ghost In The Shell.

well I think with the rumor that the suit is mainly Black and orange, I think its pretty clear it's to give off a spooky feel.

Otaku University Student
In my opinion, Gaim's collectibles worked as they not only gave him new weapons, but new forms as well. Not to mention, the large number of collectibles were spread over various Riders, giving some identity, weight and importance to them. Fourze's and Drive's collectibles were far too whimsical and one-off that many of them felt useless and tagged on.

R

raden238

well I think with the rumor that the suit is mainly Black and orange, I think its pretty clear it's to give off a spooky feel.

Oh Halloween colors, I like that. Now Ghost and Kiva can be the Riders of Horror.