Kamen Rider Drive 33: Who took the life of Tomari Shinnosuke

Title: だれが泊進ノ介の命を奪ったのか
Who took the life of Tomari Shinnosuke

Script: Sanjo Riku
Director: Morota Satoshi

--------------------
Note: There is a hint in 'Secret Mission Type Tokujo' episode 1 as to the actions Gou has taken. Try watching it before or after you watch this episode!

I thought this was a really good revival episode.

The first few minutes were heart-wrenching...
Honganji finally snapped at Nira

Where do the Roidmude find all these places to meet up?
:laugh: lol Brain hugging the statue.
Chase went to the Roidmude's meeting place by himself.
So Heart's target is Shin afterall...he sounds upset that 001 killed Shin before he could fight him again.

Gou was waiting for a chance to snatch the tablet from Brain all this time. He was just pretending to side with the Roidmude as he's not affected by 001's ice needles.
I guess the part in the previous episode where Mach throws Chaser inbetween Freeze and Drive was on purpose.

LOL Brain...

Chase has some really cool lines.
Chase to Gou: "I now know that you too, are a Kamen Rider who risks his life to fight for the sake of others"

Banno is in that tablet(as some of us have speculated. I had actually speculated this back when I first watched type tokujo ep 1) as a data entity.
So I guess the hint from Type Tokujo ep 1 is the scene where Brain talks to the tablet.
Speaking of the tablet, I wonder why Brain didn't password-protect it. lol

Banno's voice actor is Morita Masakazu.(you might know him as the voice of Titus in FFX or Ichigo in Bleach)

Kyuu-chan playing with the movie's special present lol nice way of advertising the movie.

Gou asks Banno for help on how to help Shin, and then he goes to Kiriko.
The scene with Gou and Kiriko was touching...
Gou is feeling really guilty for his actions.
Gou: "You don't have to forgive me. Just believe in me again just this one time?"
Kiriko: "I... have always believed in you"

Belt-san has fused with Shin and has preserved his body.

Everyone worked together to help revive Belt-san and Shin. Rinna finished the Tridoron shift car, Kiriko brought in the calculations that Gou had obtained from tablet-Banno.(It is also implied that Gou is Mister X)
Kiriko then had to drive Tridoron till 200km/hr. She insisted on driving she "is the buddy of Tomari Shinnosuke"
Chase holding the measurement device was cute :p

Omg, Krim can now talk through Shin's body! :O_O:
Type Tridoron is a fusion of the Tridoron, the Tridoron shift car and all the other shift cars.
The helmet looks kinda creepy when Krim takes over during Type Tridoron. lol
Type Tridoron defeats Freeze Roidmude Gold. (too bad..I still wanted to see more of 001...)

001's last words...what could they mean..?

001/Makage's actor, Horiuchi Masami, completed shooting (オールアップ) and received the flowers after the scene in the Roidmude base. 
Shin's actor, Takeuchi Ryoma, actually had his birthday during the filming of the episode.

----------------
In episode 34,
[hide]
looks like the case of Tomari Eisuke's death will be touched on again.
Will we will finally get to the truth of the death of Shin's father, Eisuke.....?
What did 001 mean by his last words?
[/hide]

I liked the helmet. It's like a hoplite helmet.

Yeah, the first part of the episode was very emotional. I love it when Honganji is serious. That actor is usually better in dramas.

So, it's safe to say the Shinnosuke isn't a pure human anymore. The three closest guys to Kiriko are her brother, an android, and someone who isn't pure human, either. Poor girl.

"Training."
Did...Shinnosuke just become a Kaizo Ningen? Drive is now a two-in-one Kamen Rider. Kim finally got his wish. He can properly fight alongside his partner.

FANTASTIC, fantastic episode. The drama at the start, the action, the stakes... it had it all. Seeing Honganji serious for the first time seriously hit hard. And the way the character's took Shin's death, especially Kiriko, was very heartbreaking. Chase working on his own to free Gou was awesome, though I'm starting to feel as if he's getting jobbed way too hard lately... The twist with Gou was unexpected, but made sense based on his character arc. Banno being in the tablet felt a little shoehorned in, but I'll see how it turns out from here. Oh, and Brain is still hilarious as ever. xD

The resurrection of Shinnosuke was interesting in that he was only able to come back because of his fusion with Mr. Belt. Who knows what the implications of this are, but the scene where Krim talks through Shinnosuke's mouth says to me that he isn't exactly a normal human any more. Type Tridoron was just awesome. A great debut with great action, and while I liked the 3 tire mix gimmick, I thought the fact that he can switch between Krim and his own conciousness on the fly is the coolest part of the form. That, and how his finisher is literally shooting Tridoron at the enemy. Damn, overkill much.

Can't wait for the next episode!

Over-Time needs to work *put sunglasses* OVERTIME to release this!

update: THEY RELEASED IT!

Last edited:
Extreme Perfect Complete Ultimate !
great episode..i like the hand to hand combat (god, i wish they're going to make this in every eps from now on despite drive already having a weapon)
and it's awesome to see makage's arc concluded, he's such a good villain..hope the final boss will be able to top makage's impression (i think he will be the big bad until tridoron came :( )

oth, i'm glad that sanjou takes a route "the greatest power comes in a great cost", indicated by shin might have become a kaizo ningen (if it's proven to be true)
after two of his protagonist remains uncorrupted/stays human until the series end, now shin's gonna following kouta-tachi becoming a monster of his own to protect human
so excited to see how it's going down XD

I liked him when he wasn't a god
So, it's safe to say the Shinnosuke isn't a pure human anymore. The three closest guys to Kiriko are her brother, an android, and someone who isn't pure human, either. Poor girl.

Why "poor"? She doesn't have a problem with it? (Plus, Gou's human - unless we find out Banno gave his kids an "enhancement" or two, in which case Kiriko may not be entirely human either!) Shinnosuke won't die, and Chase is popular with kids so it's possible he won't either. It'll work out in the end.

Why "poor"? She doesn't have a problem with it? (Plus, Gou's human - unless we find out Banno gave his kids an "enhancement" or two, in which case Kiriko may not be entirely human either!) Shinnosuke won't die, and Chase is popular with kids so it's possible he won't either. It'll work out in the end.

I think it's kind of tragic. Gou is (still) working on eliminating Roidmudes. Chase is a Roidmude, and Shinnosuke is a god knows what. Her life now revolves around the products of her dad's experiments and so she'll never have an ordinary life as a human as well. It's sort of like Gaim's ending except Shinnosuke's transformation isn't voluntary.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I think it's kind of tragic. Gou is (still) working on eliminating Roidmudes. Chase is a Roidmude, and Shinnosuke is a god knows what. Her life now revolves around the products of her dad's experiments and so she'll never have an ordinary life as a human as well. It's sort of like Gaim's ending except Shinnosuke's transformation isn't voluntary.

I doubt this show is going to have an ending as depressing as Gaim's. (I think Toei knows that's one of the reasons why Gaim performed much better with older viewers than with the target age group.) It's already been set up that Shinnosuke and Kiriko both believe humans and Roidmudes can co-exist, so I think a happy ending for everyone is more than possible. It may even be established in the summer movie that in the future Dark Drive comes from, humans are already living together with Roidmudes. If there must be a tragic element to the ending, it would probably be the death or disappearance of Krim and/or Chase; but yeah, after Gaim I don't think they'll go overboard on the grim stuff.