Kamen Rider Gaim - News/Rumors Thread 2: Suffering Incoming

Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto
i think, yes
otherwise, they don't want to milkin it more

then again, suddenly i feel they shouldn't be milking gaim more than this
i mean, look at den-o and it's movie variants -_-

This has its differences from Den-O, though. The Gaim Gaiden(s) have actual demand for them and are just short enough to be enjoyable. With the way they're handling this, they could milk it all they want for all I care. This is milking done right, if it even can be considered milking(yet).

Also, from the looks of it, the Gaim Gaidens actually develop the world and characters further. The Den-O ones did nothing of the sort.

Otaku University Student
I guess they do develop the characters in a way... However, I hate the fact that they take place during the series as opposed to before or after. Why? By trying to shoehorn it into the middle, they have to make the characters start and end at the same point, otherwise there will be inconsistencies within the main narrative which was exceedingly tightly written. Conveniences as having the Watermelon and Ringo LockSeed disappearing, never to be used again or characters that are never heard from again. The writers would have so much more freedom if they had set the stories before or after the series.

For instance, I'd love to see the initial development process of the Sengoku Driver and that seems to be where they're going with Ryouma's part.

Also, who want's to bet that the Lemon LockSeed will be a repaint of an existing one? Orange would be the most obvious, as it has all those bumps common with citrus fruits. Wishing for Jimber Melon too~

Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto
I guess they do develop the characters in a way... However, I hate the fact that they take place during the series as opposed to before or after. Why? By trying to shoehorn it into the middle, they have to make the characters start and end at the same point, otherwise there will be inconsistencies within the main narrative which was exceedingly tightly written. Conveniences as having the Watermelon and Ringo LockSeed disappearing, never to be used again or characters that are never heard from again. The writers would have so much more freedom if they had set the stories before or after the series.

For instance, I'd love to see the initial development process of the Sengoku Driver and that seems to be where they're going with Ryouma's part.

Also, who want's to bet that the Lemon LockSeed will be a repaint of an existing one? Orange would be the most obvious, as it has all those bumps common with citrus fruits. Wishing for Jimber Melon too~

It's definitely development considering how little we actually know about Ryouma, Zack, and Takatora. It doesn't help that Takatora and Ryouma were absent for many key points in the series.

If we want a plot that's anywhere near decent, having it take place during the series is a great idea, to be honest. You have to also consider that these Gaidens/specials are only as long as a regular episode. Having it take place before the series could work excellently for Takatora and Ryouma but I can't see how it would work with Zack and Kaito without any Rider action. I feel like having a few flashbacks here and there is enough if we want to know about things that took place before the series.(unless we get a special that's longer than 22 minutes) I can't see a special working out if it takes place after the series either.

I do agree that the writers would have vastly more freedom if the specials took place before or after the series though. But I don't think they can really do much with that freedom if the specials are capped to only the length of a regular episode. If the specials were at least 45 minutes long I could definitely agree with you overall but there's only so much you can expect from roughly 22 minutes.

We really don't know anything about either of the plots yet.

I liked the previous Gaiden for its world-building and content, so I'm excited for this one too. I just hope one day we'll get Gridon + Bravo

Gaim Gaiden Twitter account just gives more information about the cast for the upcoming release. I can only recognize few Japanese characters; so here they are: Kamen Rider Ryugen, Mai-chan, and Kurokage (Hase-san revived!?)
@gaim_gaiden
さらにさらに!今日も追加キャストを発表!

陰の主役、仮面ライダー龍玄/呉島光実役の高杉真宙君!
ヒロイン、高司舞役の志田友美さん!
そして…悲劇の男、仮面ライダー黒影/初瀬亮二役の白又敦君!

3人の強力なレギュラーキャストが参戦決定!
デュークとナックルを援護射撃します!

Could someone please give us a proper translation of the cast info?

Toku Prince
A casting call for extras was put out (dance battle w/ Team Baron & an underground fight scenes). Anyways, these are the characters that have been confirmed so far:

Duke Gaiden
Ryoma Sengoku
Takatora Kureshima
Yoko Minato
Sid

Knuckle Gaiden
Zack
Peko
Kaito Kumon
Oren Pierre Alfonso
Hideyasu Jounouchi

Others (Don't know which part they'll be in)
Mitsuzane Kureshima
Mai Takatsukasa
Ryoji Hase

Since Ryoma's part is earlier than his debut as a New Generation Driver (since he gets to have/use a Sengoku Drive), it's assumable that Hase will be in Duke's part, alive. But since Oren and Jounouchi are in Knucle's part, that means that Hase is most probably going to be in that part, albeit used in flashbacks. I doubt Knuckle's part will be before Zack even gets a Sengoku Driver. I know he could be revived if it's after the series, but I hope he's not.

Now that I think of it, didn't one of the actors (Hase's or Kaito's) upload a picture with them together? Guess that would be an indication on who's part he is in, but who knows?

I bet Mitchy will be in both parts. It just makes sense to be so.

Lurker
I wonder what kind of enemy will Duke fight? In the series, he repeatedly stated that he lacks combating skills, so I don't think he's going to fight someone too powerful with just a Sengoku Driver

"Training."
Lacked fighting skills?

Didn't Ryouma ***** slap Jinba Lemon Gaim with one arm behind his back? Lmao

I guess it was probably due to the power difference or Kouta sucked at fighting at that point.