... except for actually being fairly decent anyway. Can't say that for where we are now. Or the beginning for that matter!

The Gen-san episodes I admit have their issues but those are due more to issues with the show overall (like how they insist on writing him).

Micchi's arc was basically "spoiled kid who wants to be in control, yet is being controlled by other people," he thinks he's doing the right thing and it's either his way or nothing. Gou's arc sounded pretty convoluted when typing it out, but I guess he loves his sister and hates Roidmudes and his dad but is running out of time for some reason (wait is he dying or was it just because he didn't want Kiriko to not find out their dad created the Roidmudes?) and refuses to upgrades because other reasons which are stupid themselves.

See, this is how I always argued what Michi's character motives should have been, but the show never really gave any indication he was doing what he did for anything but purely selfish reasons. In fact, it explicitly states that. Zangetsu was the one doing the wrong things for the right reasons, Michi wanted everything for himself and didn't care who he had to hurt to get it, whether it was best friends, girls or family and went insane with guilt over it.

I also don't see how you can think Gou's plot has been rushed. We've seen him as someone who's angry at what's going on and desperately trying to improve himself for the past dozen episodes, but has constantly been outdone by Drive. Now he has a third Rider to contend with and it's a roidmude, the very thing he hates. Kiriko turned against him to help that Roidmude and Drive himself has been fighting Gou almost more than he has the roidmudes. I do hope there's a bit more of an explanation, but after the last episode arc, it's not hard to see why he'd direct his anger at the heroes, especially if he's being mislead by someone.

Lurker
... except for actually being fairly decent anyway. Can't say that for where we are now. Or the beginning for that matter!

The Gen-san episodes I admit have their issues but those are due more to issues with the show overall (like how they insist on writing him).

Not to me at least :/

1-11:

-Heart actually was more active
-There was actually a sense of "What it means to be a cop"
-All Shinnouske really needed was to be a COP. NOTHING ELSE. We didn't need some stupid side plot about his dad. Being a better partner was infinitely better than Shinnouske having fits of rage that ruined the side plot of co-existing with Roidmudes AND his character.
-Roidmudes were clearly bad at that point. At that point no one bought the BS statement that humans were hypocritical in destroying Roidmudes... Roidmude's response? LET'S KILL PEOPLE AND DESTROY PROPERTY!
-The wasn't too much Brain obsession.
-Mach had a decent cameo.
-The mysteries were simpler and gets the point across.
-Really stupid jokes about Kiriko being emotionless and possible romances..... Ok, that's actually a bad thing.

12-19:

-Mach happened.....
-Brain's Obsession happened....
-Lots of the mysteries got really stupid.
-The idea that co-existing with Roidmudes at this point is really hard to take seriously. In fact, it feels like it's only reserved for Chase if anything.... Oh, and that one roidmude that was based on pure luck and still had some faulty wiring.
-SCU episodes weren't that great (Rinnko probably being the weakest).
-Harley.... What needs to be said about a character that only appears once? He better appear sooner or later (specifically the Type Trideron and Chaser Key episode)....
-Heart was delegated to sitting in the sidelines.
-Hybrids was... An interesting idea. But there was poor build up abound. I guess I can excuse it as advancing technology.

20-22 wasn't bad, however.

23-28:

-Welp, we're back to shoehorning plot points....
-Heart's a true friend! He let Chase decide his destiny! Even though he was part of a group that brainwashed him in the first place! THAT'S REAL DEPTH!
-Kiriko's obsession with Chase was really creepy and the team had to suffer for it.
-The idea that they shouldn't suspect Chase because... Reasons.... Even the SCU didn't ask questions. I guess I can understand Rinnko, but wasn't there an episode where Shinnouske had to lie about the Roidmude being evil after all.
-If there was any obvious shoehorning, then it'd be Shinnouske's dad. Seriously? That just shows how bad the pacing is. Didn't help that Shinnouske went on a blood hunt just to find out what happened to his dead dad. Co-existing with Roidmudes out the window!
-Aside from 28's twist, there were fortunately less bad mysteries.
-Nira's just there to piss people off.
-The Japan council wasn't a bad twist.... But I'm having a hard time believing that he can cover up something like this in a global scale. They better address this sometime in the future....

At least these are my opinions. I just really don't see what people saw during 12-19 and 23-28 :/

I liked him when he wasn't a god
23-28:

-Welp, we're back to shoehorning plot points....
-Heart's a true friend! He let Chase decide his destiny! Even though he was part of a group that brainwashed him in the first place! THAT'S REAL DEPTH!
-Kiriko's obsession with Chase was really creepy and the team had to suffer for it.
-The idea that they shouldn't suspect Chase because... Reasons.... Even the SCU didn't ask questions. I guess I can understand Rinnko, but wasn't there an episode where Shinnouske had to lie about the Roidmude being evil after all.
-If there was any obvious shoehorning, then it'd be Shinnouske's dad. Seriously? That just shows how bad the pacing is. Didn't help that Shinnouske went on a blood hunt just to find out what happened to his dead dad. Co-existing with Roidmudes out the window!
-Aside from 28's twist, there were fortunately less bad mysteries.
-Nira's just there to piss people off.
-The Japan council wasn't a bad twist.... But I'm having a hard time believing that he can cover up something like this in a global scale. They better address this sometime in the future....

At least these are my opinions. I just really don't see what people saw during 12-19 and 23-28 :/

Kiriko isn't "creepily obsessed with Chase." I'm fed up with people blaming her for this. She cares about him, but she's not some kind of stalker. She was prepared to back off when he told her to go away; it's Shinnosuke who said "I want to thank you too" and asked him to become a Rider. Shinnosuke began to respect Chase early in the show, even before Kiriko did. Even if she weren't interested, Shinnosuke would trust Chase and want him on-side.

Nira isn't just there to piss people off, either. Shinnosuke is now in a situation where not only are the Roidmudes a threat, but Japan's entire police/defence system is corrupted from within. Nira is annoying and stupid, but he's an obstacle to the Special Unit, and a dangerous one: he'll do whatever 001 tells him.

Heart doesn't see himself as brainwashing Chase. He believes that Chase belongs with his Roidmude "family", and it's humans that brainwashed him to protect them. But Chase has chosen to side with them, so Heart has to let him make that choice, even if it's the "wrong" one.

Drive 28:

- It's like it's a whole new show ever since Drive's identity was exposed.

- Well, that Nira scene was completely pointless...

- This was the favor they asked Chase for?
Batman-facepalm.jpg

- "It's been a while"? Yes, one episode is a while, Belt.

- I wonder if they purposefully styled Gou's hair at the end to resemble Banno's.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
- I wonder if they purposefully styled Gou's hair at the end to resemble Banno's.

I'm guessing it's just visual shorthand to represent that he's currently evil? His hairstyle and sudden eyeliner habit are similar to when Kaito Kumon became Lord Baron