same thing can be applied with the previous SHT movies...
SHT - fourze and gobusters only show up in the beginning and end with no major role in the storyline
SHTZ - same as above except wizard and beast had a slightly bigger role/screen time, kyoryuger shows up with wizard and in the final battle
KRT - probably the best Taisen spring movie to date, gaim's role in the movie was way better, toqger - promotion/product placement filler
SHTGP - judging from the video summary, its probably similar to KRT, ninninger - same thing as toqger

It is like against any huge monster/machine/robot, KR don't have an answer leading to insert super sentai robot cutscene here.

I thought Kamen Rider Taisen was good...if you cut out the Rider vs Rider scenes. The story was fine without it but for some reason they feel they need to have heroes fight each other. Do people even like that **** anyway? Its been like that for over 5 years.

I like to see Rider vs. Rider just to see their personalities and/or powers clash. I still never have liked how they've done it in these Taisen movies.

I understand that there has to be a balance between seeing Riders fight each other and the fight actually having made sense plot- and character- wise. Still, The Rider vs. Rider fighting is never particularly impressive, and the plot/character reasons never actually hold up. They try to do both, and fail miserably.

In KRT, for example, they just lumped all the Heisei and Showa Riders into one pool each just because of production date. Also, hypothetically if they're gonna have, say Kabuto and Ratoratah fight, at least make me say "Wow, that's cool!". That never happens. These theme fights never pan out because it's all 1-2 second glimpses of dream fights without anything noteworthy actually happening.

In KRT, for example, they just lumped all the Heisei and Showa Riders into one pool each just because of production date. Also, hypothetically if they're gonna have, say Kabuto and Ratoratah fight, at least make me say "Wow, that's cool!". That never happens. These theme fights never pan out because it's all 1-2 second glimpses of dream fights without anything noteworthy actually happening.

Rider Taisen had them using their powers though. Obviously not their full moveset, but you still got stuff like Kabuto's clock up and counter kick, Stronger electrifying the ground, Skyrider moving under clock up and using his forgetten belt blast attack, OOO being grabbed by Riderman out of his Rider Kick, etc. There were many neat moments in the battles as far as ability use went. SHTGP also seems to have some pretty good moments, like Kabuto and Faiz Accel jumping on each other using Clock Up in the middle of the Grand Prix (shown in this week's trailers).

I think they could give more lines for the Riders though, even with replacement VAs. Stronger and Kabuto were paired up due to their personalities according to the magazines, but without any conversations the entire point is diminished. Making their personality clash, even if just a couple of lines, would give more weight to the battles. I loved the boss conversations in the 2 Rider Generation games.

That's just it, though: Neat moments. Not great battles. Mostly because there's a whole lot going on.

Hm. Just watched Kamen Rider 4 episode 1. It's so odd to see Takumi all in "hero of justice" mode, although at least if he'll be constantly fighting Shocker from now on he won't be left aimless again. Also, it seems like in spite of his promise, Drive and crew couldn't remember the alternate timeline from the movie - at least not before meeting the other Riders again. Kaido also seems to be strangely aware of what's going on...

That's just it, though: Neat moments. Not great battles. Mostly because there's a whole lot going on.

I like fast paced battles when they're well executed. The final Heisei vs Showa battle was extremely rushed though, but I thought the others were fine for what they were. I can see the appeal of longer battles, but then you get into the trouble of balancing it within the movie's pacing and such. Even if you look outside of giant crossovers, or crossovers in general, there are very few battles in movies that are actually long. The giant crossovers only stand out because it's technically main characters being quickly defeated rather than no name movie villains and Riders.

That's the main reason I really hope we get another crossover tv series, since it's a much better format for that.

Heroes are forever
This might be stretching it but:

The scene when AU!Tachibana Tobei transforms into Hell-Chameleon would instantly make someone believe he was just General Black in disguise rather than Tachibana being evil. Maybe this was a homage to General Black's first appearance in the original show? He first shows up disguised as Pops, IIRC it is the very first scene in which the audience (and Hongo) see him.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!
After watching Kamen Rider #4 Ep 1 and then this week's Drive:

I'm getting sick of Mach being blown up/ dying now

R

raden238

After watching Drive Episode 23 and Kamen Rider 4 DVD Episode 1, major spoilers that are confusing and rifts onto the canon of Drive.

[HIDE]In episode 23, Gou has his Mach Driver destroyed looks like he is about to die. But of course next week's Spring team up special with Ninninger, hes clearly there using the suit. So is the team up special after episode 23 or before it? Also the team up special seems to tie in with SHT GP. Which brings me to my next point, Gou dies at the end of the movie but then in Rider 4 episode 1, hes back for some reason but then dies like 3 times. Tomari wants to change fate and dies in his place after the 4th time the episode looped. So how on earth is this gonna fit into the tv series or even the movie? They both come back in episode 2 also.[/HIDE]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!
After watching Drive Episode 23 and Kamen Rider 4 DVD Episode 1, major spoilers that are confusing and rifts onto the canon of Drive.

[HIDE]In episode 23, Gou has his Mach Driver destroyed looks like he is about to die. But of course next week's Spring team up special with Ninninger, hes clearly there using the suit. So is the team up special after episode 23 or before it? Also the team up special seems to tie in with SHT GP. Which brings me to my next point, Gou dies at the end of the movie but then in Rider 4 episode 1, hes back for some reason but then dies like 3 times. Tomari wants to change fate and dies in his place after the 4th time the episode looped. So how on earth is this gonna fit into the tv series or even the movie? They both come back in episode 2 also.[/HIDE]

Don't think too much about the canon stuff, like last years Gaim and Toqger special it doesn't fit right between the series. The reason it's there is so that it's aired when the movie is screened, that's all. Treat it as an alternate universe, slot it in a time when you think it's appropriate, create your own imaginative stories to fill in these plotholes, whatever. They're not going to give you specifics as to where it slots into the timeline.

That being said, the 1 hour special is supposed to be leading into SHT GP, and then #4 follows.