Kamen Rider Drive Episode 20-"How long Kyu Saijo has been a Roidmude"

MV Maker
You're missing the entire point. Medic is a duplicitous, manipulative bastard.

A plot-point that just came straight the hell out of nowhere and makes no sense given her purpose (not to mention name) up until now. It's not like she has a personality that would justify this, either (or any personality for that matter). She's a blank slate (and if that's not the intention, someone should try telling that to her actress).

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I'm hoping Chase will be the one to finish medic in the end, since he's now programmed to attack anyone who threatens another roimude. That would be just the end medic deserves. Killed by her own programming. I do hope they explain why she seems to hate Brain so much though....

That's already explained. She feels that she and Heart are "superior" to other Roidmudes, and she intends to be his one and only lieutenant, so she wants Brain out of the way. Brain in turn antagonises her, and she responds to that. And this being Sanjo, there's a love triangle element - even Brain's actor said at the recent Rider/Sentai live event that Brain's enmity with Medic is partly to do with romantic jealousy over Heart.

Medic doesn't really seem to see Brain as a serious threat, though. She's extremely arrogant, she's succeeded in making him look bad to Heart, and she seems to think Brain will be easily disposed of. But underestimating him could turn out to be her downfall. In Chase's current state, he will not kill her; she said herself that she has programmed him so he can never attack another Roidmude.

A plot-point that just came straight the hell out of nowhere and makes no sense given her purpose (not to mention name) up until now. It's not like she has a personality that would justify this, either (or any personality for that matter). She's a blank slate (and if that's not the intention, someone should try telling that to her actress).

Nope, she's been doing that almost since she got introduced. She's been intentionally trying to undermine Brain from the start, then sweet-talking Heart into taking greater risks, to allowing Chase to deviate from his original purpose. Then now she's escalated to directly contradicting their initial plans.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who noticed it.

I mean, this is like the second Drive thread where you said something came out of nowhere when it really hasn't.

And this being Sanjo, there's a love triangle element - even Brain's actor said at the recent Rider/Sentai live event that Brain's enmity with Medic is partly to do with romantic jealousy over Heart.

Oh good, that wasn't just me reading too much into things then. Ever since Brain's little handkerchief biting breakdown I've been wondering if he has a romantic interest in Heart.

MV Maker
Nope, she's been doing that almost since she got introduced. She's been intentionally trying to undermine Brain from the start, then sweet-talking Heart into taking greater risks, to allowing Chase to deviate from his original purpose. Then now she's escalated to directly contradicting their initial plans.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who noticed it.

I mean, this is like the second Drive thread where you said something came out of nowhere when it really hasn't.

First of all, you are not one to talk about "questionable posts." Second of all, she's undermining Brain for Heart's attention, sure, but this? Don't try to pass this off as anything other than an enormous plot-hole given her purpose (her name is Medic, she was created to heal roidmudes, and now she's had a change of heart). It's just a stupid idea that makes no sense. This isn't Smart Brain Lady. Medic isn't a character with a devious motivation like this (despite what Brain would have you believe), she's just a bland actress with a thrown-together script.

First, I didn't say anything about questionable posts.

Second, just because you didn't get it, doesn't mean that it wasn't there. Don't try to push the blame elsewhere.

Third, seriously, you figured all she was going to do was heal just because of her name? That's all you have? Did you not notice "Brain" being all flustered several episodes ago? You really haven't thought it through, haven't you?

MV Maker
First, I didn't say anything about questionable posts.

You called my post out (along with a previous one) as bs when you've written more than a few bs posts yourself.

Second, just because you didn't get it, doesn't mean that it wasn't there. Don't try to push the blame elsewhere.

Third, seriously, you figured all she was going to do was heal just because of her name? That's all you have? Did you not notice "Brain" being all flustered several episodes ago? You really haven't thought it through, haven't you?

Let me make this as clear as I possibly can. Medic is a roidmude who was brought on by Heart to heal him and serve as a doctor for the other roidmudes (her name just emphasizes that). Now, she's decided to kill the defects instead of healing them.

That is a stupid twist, and it makes no sense. And it hasn't been foreshadowed at all. She's shown to be underhanded (kinda), but this is something else entirely.

I'm not arguing this with you anymore. You like the character? Fine, I can't and won't stop you. But if you think this was a genuinely well-written twist in a genuinely good episode of a genuinely good show, you've got another thing coming.

Lurker
When there is a plot twist that had been foreshadowed, people complain it's predictable; when it is not foreshadowed, they say it came out from no where. It's impossible to please everyone at this era

MV Maker
When there is a plot twist that had been foreshadowed, people complain it's predictable; when it is not foreshadowed, they say it came out from no where. It's impossible to please everyone at this era

I guess "foreshadowed" is the wrong word, as you can't really foreshadow a twist. Maybe "set up" is a better term (eg: twists that are set up and make sense because of it are better than ones that aren't). Your point is well taken, either way though.

You called my post out (along with a previous one) as bs when you've written more than a few bs posts yourself.

No, I haven't.

Let me make this as clear as I possibly can. Medic is a roidmude who was brought on by Heart to heal him and serve as a doctor for the other roidmudes (her name just emphasizes that). Now, she's decided to kill the defects instead of healing them.

I know that that's what you meant, and it still sounds ridiculous.

It doesn't matter WHY she was brought on, it matters only what she was doing. It's that simple. It's Kamen Rider, villain motivations are NEVER set in stone, so I do not understand why you are making a grand exception.

That is a stupid twist, and it makes no sense. And it hasn't been foreshadowed at all. She's shown to be underhanded (kinda), but this is something else entirely.

Says you.

I'm not arguing this with you anymore. You like the character? Fine, I can't and won't stop you. But if you think this was a genuinely well-written twist in a genuinely good episode of a genuinely good show, you've got another thing coming.

I say it's not even a twist by now, because she's been doing it for several episodes. I can't say it's well written as "well-written" is subjective and thus mostly meaningless, but I can definitely say it was foreshadowed and that it makes perfect sense. I don't have any other criteria I need for now.

Apparently, though, you're approaching this all from a very negatively biased point of view. "[Medic] isn't a character with a devious motivation"? Since when was that decided? Who decided it? And just in case: I don't like Medic at all.

"You've got another thing coming?" What, amaze me with some forum skillz :laugh:?