Kamen Rider Drive Episode 18-"Why is Lt. Otta Following That Guy?"

"Training."
Yeah I'm getting sick of Chase showing up out of nowhere and shooting stuff. Thats why I was excited when Chase got some serious development. Sadly, they took away a lot of that development in like one episode.

Chase didn't lose his development at all. It's still there.

Chase's reforumation both became a tool in the power struggle between the Heart, Brain, and Medic, and a huge goal for Kiriko (due to the fact that she now knows the possibility is there).

I have a feeling we will see chase change back for a third rider in about a month or 2 -the thing is i feel what we are looking at is that this new judge is actually an attempt to draw out the original judge -the guy we saw is the original judge and what we will see is that this guys obsession with not catching him is so strong so is the copy

Any idea when the rating/tv viewership of this episode will be released? I've gone to Japan recently and got the opportunity to view this episode (plus Toqger's finale), so I wanna see how it turns out.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
I'm annoyed at how they constantly refer to the Roidmude copy as if it was the original. They usually always get the motives wrong anyway.

I think it's clear was going on: Tachibana was following the kid, they got into a tussle on the bridge and the kid fell. Tachibana panicked and hid the truth with that fake suicide note and hid the button away. The Judge Roidmude is his guilt made manifest. It'll go after him once it's done enough.

A possibility is that the original Judge was actually the sister.

Drive 18:

- Why is Gou allowed to wander around the precinct? He may be Kiriko's brother but he's not a cop nor does he work there.

- The captain's daughter lives in Hawaii? That's interesting. There are lots of Japanese there.

- I've just noticed that the SCU's office is just as cluttered as the Rabbit Hutch in Fourze. But at least there it was high schoolers running the place.

- Shrines! What a rarity to see Japanese stuff in episodes not holiday-centered.

- Tachibana looks a bit like David Suchet. Which is funny considering Shin's own "little gray cells"-esque catchphrase and piecing seemingly unconnected events together.

- Video series? I wonder if this is some kind of inside joke about a planned Mach short/movie/miniseries.

- Are those trains CGI?

- Colorful Commercial has Trideron on its sides?

- Didn't Gen explain all this already to Shin? Why is he now saying that he was murdered when he could've said that before?

- When I think of a street gang, white clothes with suspenders don't come to mind...

- You know, it kind of cuts into Gen's development as a character if he's just going to pratfall every time a monster attacks him, per usual.

That's exactly what I was thinking of when I saw them. Considering the show's target audience and nationality, I don't understand how they expected anyone to get that reference.

Kids wouldn't get it, but parents watching the show with their kids would. The film was released in Japan, and it's well known enough that your average Japanese person has heard of it even if only in passing. I guess it was just of those cute little jokes for adults that lots of kids' shows like to do.

I see. I've only read the book, never saw the movie. Though I did see a "mini" stage show of it a few years ago. I believe some of the cast was naked in in one scene for some reason.