"Training."
This is tough...

In my opinion, out of the modern Kamen Riders, the best ones would have to be:

• Kuuga
  • Agito
  • Ryuki
  • Hibiki (First half and maybe second half - It depends on the person)
  • Gaim (story might drag around the 30s. Filler is kept minimal. Almost every episode adds to the story.)

Others would have different tastes. Some might point you towards W - Fourze. Faiz was hard to watch. So much angst and backstabbing. Blade has a really slow start but the ending is great. Decade was a waste of potential. Kamen Rider Taisen was the only time I enjoyed his character.

MV Maker
For a good balance of the two, I'd recommend OOO or Gaim (and maybe Kuuga if you can get into the older, grimmer style). Character-wise, Kabuto has some strong points, but the story is nothing to write home about (particularly in the second half). W has some a lot to like as well, but it's a little over-rated (and I'm sure a lot of people will try to point you towards that). Also, avoid Ryuki, Faiz, and Blade. They have their fans, but they haven't aged well (and they don't have particularly good characters or stories).

Guillotine Gorilla
That Kamen Rider 1971-1973 novel, probably. I can't read japanese

Lurker
Of the ones I watched:

I really liked W and Gaim.

I thought Blade was on it's way, but it ended up a bust for me in the last 17 episodes.

555 was my first introduction to Kamen Rider, but it only pisses me off now.... Kaixa is still my favorite Kamen Rider design, though.

Kabuto.... I'm convinced that the only real reason people love this season is because of the designs and clock up, nothing else.

Wizard turned mediocre for me, but it had some stuff to make watchable.

Fourze's something one shouldn't take too seriously in some areas.

Agito was cool, though there is areas of pretentiousness.

Henshin a Go-Go!!
Gaim and Double all the way!

Kabuto.... I'm convinced that the only real reason people love this season is because of the designs and clock up, nothing else.

I freaking love Kabuto, and yes the designs and clock up are great, but Tendou and Kagami are truly some of my favorite Riders of all time!

Lurker
W and Gaim for me.
Fourze was not soooo bad, had some songs which I really liked.