Alternative title : Do you think marvel studio will now own the xmen films franchise after Xmen apocalypse in the future?

You know with marvel studios getting the spiderman film rights from Sony though they will do the distribution, it left me wonder do you think marvel studios will regain the Xmen film rights from Fox as well and if it does then they might do Fantastic four next and then marvel studios can fully make original films of their completed original superhero character which were once filmed and owned the film rights from other studios ,So do you think it would happen in the future after xmen apocalypse?

Last edited:
Maybe but not today not yet because the apocalypse film will be a success and the studio will decide whether they will make sequels,make reboot (possibly that Hugh jackman will retire from the role since he is getting old) or ask marvel studios if its all right to let the xmen be part of the cinematic universe and the fantastic four film if its a failure maybe there is a chance that marvel studios own the film rights and have the characters be part of the cinematic unvierse but if its a success maybe the fantastic four and xmen will have a crossover film in the future.

I think maybe will take a couple of years unless Marvel make a similar deal with fox.

Okay I think you're confused about something.

Sony still has the film rights to Spider-Man and the characters in the Spider-Man movies, but they negotiated a partnership with Marvel Studios. And they did this because, well, lets face it, they wanted to save a sinking ship. Marvel Studios will help them produce Spider-Man films for a cut of the profits. Also, Spider-Man will appear in Marvel Studios movies, and vice versa. Sony will still make Spider-Man movies, only now Marvel Studio characters can appear in their movies as well.

As a visual clue to the audience that this is occurring, we'll get the debut of who they recast as Spider-Man, in a Marvel Studios movie, which looks to be Captain America: Civil War.

On the other hand.

20th Century Fox has the film rights to X-Men and the characters therein. 20th Century Fox is not in dire straits and therefore not in need of a partnership to save a sinking ship. They have no reason to ask Marvel Studios for a partnership similar to what Sony asked for. They will keep making movies all by themselves after X-Men Apocalypse, which looks to be a quasi-reboot of sorts anyway (new (younger) Cyclops, Jean Grey, and Storm debuting).

20th Century Fox is doing just fine, Sony was not, that's why they asked for help.

Also read this. Notice "deal" "relationship" "team up" "work with" was used a few times, yet "rights" not used once. Cause Sony still has them.

I actually have no issues with Fox handling the X-Men franchise. it's only that one time Bryan Singer decided to take leave to direct Superman Returns over X3, but other than that, Days of Future Past has certainly reassured fans on what they're doing. now if only they could make Hugh Jackman retire and find a younger actor to play Wolverine...

I actually have no issues with Fox handling the X-Men franchise. it's only that one time Bryan Singer decided to take leave to direct Superman Returns over X3, but other than that, Days of Future Past has certainly reassured fans on what they're doing.

What I've always found curious about Last Stand is that it gets a lot of hate on line, but to date its STILL the most profitable domestically. Worldwide, its second only to Days of Future Past.

Source

Seems like First Class should have blew Last Stand out of the water, but that's not what the profits say.

now if only they could make Hugh Jackman retire and find a younger actor to play Wolverine...

I think Jackman himself said he can't do this forever, and I'm guessing he might use X-Men Apocalypse and Wolverine 3 to close out his run as Wolverine.

Speaking of which:
[video=youtube;EqkRjBiGlfs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqkRjBiGlfs[/video]

Sounds like he'd be game. It would be cool, but again 20th Century Fox has no reason to partner with Marvel Studios.

In an interview, the people at Marvel basically said that they are currently happy with having Fox handle the X-Men universe as its own, separate thing. And honestly, I'm kind of in agreement with them. On the Marvel Cinematic side; Ironman and Hulk have finished their movie runs, Thor and Captain America about to finish theirs, we're about to get into Avengers 2, and so much has all ready been done. I know there is still a lot more to do, but if Marvel takes over now, it would have to be a reboot for the sake of consistency, and that's a LOT to really catch up on and properly set up. About as much as Fox has all ready done, if not more.

Also, maybe it's just me, but it seems like the X-Men really need their own universe. On the one hand, we have a universe where heroes are, for the most part, loved and admired (Spider-Man, Avengers). But on the other hand, we have a universe where heroes and potential heroes are outcasts and the subject of prejudice (X-Men). Not that mixing these two universes could never be done, and there are plenty of crossover stories to draw from, but I think this proves my point. A lot of catching up to do and probably some backpedaling. A lot of people say it's easy, to "just have the character randomly show up and do their thing", but that's not how Cinematic Marvel does things. That only happens in the bonus footage after the movie is over; and in the follow up movies, they properly set things.

I think Jackman himself said he can't do this forever, and I'm guessing he might use X-Men Apocalypse and Wolverine 3 to close out his run as Wolverine.
Sounds like he'd be game. It would be cool, but again 20th Century Fox has no reason to partner with Marvel Studios.

I've learned to take what actors say about doing these roles with a little grain of salt. In one interview, Robert Downey Jr. made it sound like he was done doing Iron Man, save for the Avengers movies. But then, in a more recent interview, he said he'd love to return for a 4th, 5th, or however many movies Marvel wants to make as long as they'll make money and he gets paid for it. Despite being afraid of getting too use to playing one specific character or character type, a lot of actors are not as picky as they once were. As long as they've got a pay check and their personal boundaries are respected, they'll take just about any kind of role. In fact, you kind of proved my point by your own example. Jackman said he doesn't want to do Wolverine forever, and yet he'd love to be in a crossover with the Avengers. Can't be in a crossover if you've dropped out for good.

Okay I think you're confused about something.

Sony still has the film rights to Spider-Man and the characters in the Spider-Man movies, but they negotiated a partnership with Marvel Studios. And they did this because, well, lets face it, they wanted to save a sinking ship. Marvel Studios will help them produce Spider-Man films for a cut of the profits. Also, Spider-Man will appear in Marvel Studios movies, and vice versa. Sony will still make Spider-Man movies, only now Marvel Studio characters can appear in their movies as well.

That is true even though sony still have the spiderman film rights they turn to marvel studios because their spiderman film have beginning to get mixed reception and lox box office

20th Century Fox has the film rights to X-Men and the characters therein. 20th Century Fox is not in dire straits and therefore not in need of a partnership to save a sinking ship. They have no reason to ask Marvel Studios for a partnership similar to what Sony asked for. They will keep making movies all by themselves after X-Men Apocalypse, which looks to be a quasi-reboot of sorts anyway (new (younger) Cyclops, Jean Grey, and Storm debuting).

20th Century Fox is doing just fine, Sony was not, that's why they asked for help.

Yeah fox studios aren't to go to marvel studios yet but if zack synder finish the xmen film franchise and if Fox run out of ideas maybe they will go to marvel studios for a reboot of the xmen franchise and let the characters be part of cinematic universe including the fantastic four if the film is a success or not.

Now if only they could make Hugh Jackman retire and find a younger actor to play Wolverine...

That will only happen if they decided to give a reboot to the xmen film franchise.

I've learned to take what actors say about doing these roles with a little grain of salt. In one interview, Robert Downey Jr. made it sound like he was done doing Iron Man, save for the Avengers movies. But then, in a more recent interview, he said he'd love to return for a 4th, 5th, or however many movies Marvel wants to make as long as they'll make money and he gets paid for it. Despite being afraid of getting too use to playing one specific character or character type, a lot of actors are not as picky as they once were. As long as they've got a pay check and their personal boundaries are respected, they'll take just about any kind of role. In fact, you kind of proved my point by your own example. Jackman said he doesn't want to do Wolverine forever, and yet he'd love to be in a crossover with the Avengers. Can't be in a crossover if you've dropped out for good.

Yeah i agree with that maybe the wolverine sequel and Xmen apocalypse will be Hugh Jackman's final role as wolverine since he is getting old for that role and the xmen film franchise is about to reboot in the near future as for robert I hope he keeps on playing as iron man for long but if he is getting too old for that role maybe he will pass it over to the new one.