Kamen Rider Gaim - News/Rumors Thread 2: Suffering Incoming

R

raden238

The Zangetsu looks to be the better one. The Baron story just reminds of the Blade two-parter where Chalice meets his body double and hilarity ensues.

Baron's side story looks like some overused Sentai side-plot and I'm not too stoked to see it. The fact that he gets Ringo and there is a new Rider wearing Pitaya Energy Arms will make it worth watching I'm sure.

Zangetsu's side-story though - that looks fantastic! Proto-Suika is an awesome arms. And of course, another female Rider! Nice!

I agree that Zangetsu's half looks a lot better, and more in keeping with the feel of gaim. I kinda wish that the other part had been ryugen rather than baron, or heck, that zangetsu just got a whole hour to himself. Kaito wasn't really that interesting in comparison to everyone else in gaim, but the baron suit was popular, so we get more of him. :/

R

raden238

but the baron suit was popular, so we get more of him. :/

I think it has more to do with the fact that he is the true secondary Rider of the show and second most important character. The popularity helped too.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!
Been looking through the official website and it seems like there has been screenings in Japan already, after going through the threads in 2ch, this is what I found (potential spoilers here), also my translating skills are somewhat lacking so do please forgive if this is slightly inaccurate.

- Zangetsu Melon Arms doesn't appear at all in the movie (the poster was a lie)
- Sid didn't transform into Sigurd, he was attacked from behind when he was about to transform. Yoko manages to transform into Marika to defend against Idun when she attacked Yggdrasil.
- Ryoma gave Takatora the Watermelon Lockseed, saying that this is his replacement for his lost Suika lockseed (stolen by Micchi) and it's a prototype to be tested.
- Idun manages to steal the Melon Energy Lockseed so Takatora is forced to fight as Zangetsu, once he manages to retrieve it he turns back into Zangetsu Shin.
- The Ringo Lockseed has side effects and causes pain to the user. Ryoma calls it a failure just like Yomotsu Heguri, although they both can achieve a limited amount of control of Helheim.
- Idun is killed by Duke eventually.
- In Baron's part, Bravo and Knuckle fought Tyrant but lost.
- Tyrant's Dragon Fruit in the end went berserk which turned Alfred into an Overlord like kaijin.
- Yoko gives Kaito the Ringo Lockseed and just says it's a present from Ryoma.
- Baron defeats the Overlord with the Ringo Sparking Rider Kick.
- The Ringo Lockseed is destroyed after Baron finishes with it.
- Overall the Riders that appeared are Baron, Zangetsu, Bravo, Knuckle, Zangetsu Shin, Duke, Marika, Kurokage Troopers, Idun and Tyrant.

There are many other details about the character backgrounds but I can't make too much out of that, other than I think Kaito's father committed suicide.

Lurker
If it is true that Melon Arms does not appear, it will be a huge disappointment. The arms already had limited screentime during the series' run. I just want to see Zangetsu Melon Arms defeat a real villain, is that too much to ask?

P/S: Also, no Jinba Melon. I guess I can at least enjoy Baron Ringo Arms

If there's indeed no Jimber Melon, then that's disgusting. Yes, you heard right, disgusting... How hard is it for them to do such a fan service? Even worse, there were moments when having a Jimber Melon was more than logical...
Like, for example, when Kouta got Durian, Banana and Donguri, as well as Melon Energy, but even though he used the first three, he proceeded on using Jimber Lemon... That was a HUGE let down. They could only have one excuse... Save Jimber Melon for Zangetsu... But nope... They could have used Melon Jimber Melon, giving him a unique form and making him look awesome. The watermelon Lockseed could still be in there.

Isn't Kouta in Zangetsu's part as well? If so, couldn't they just have him manage to steal the Melon Energy Lockseed from Idun, then use it to go all Jimber Melon against Takatora, who manages to win while getting back his Energy Lockseed and Kouta's Genesis Core? Then Idun comes in and becomes a real threat, so Takatora decides to use the Energy Lockseed with the Genesis Core due to not having the Genesis Driver with him. He could also just use the Melon Lockseed. Then in the end, Kouta steals his Genesis Core back using Kachidoki and finally escaping.

That's of course if there's indeed no Jimber Melon.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
So this love scene that there was so much talk about, has it been cut like Jimber.

I seriously doubt that. Kubota was raving at the screening events about how he loved shooting it because it was his first ever opportunity to do a sex scene. (They have also been claiming in promo material that Yutaka Kobayashi appears nude at one point. I'd like to know whether that's Kaito or Shapool!)