Man, what's up with people wanting to hurt Kagura. It won't look good if you tracked her down and bashed her up. I wouldn't do that and neither should you. Man, that's totally fucked up in a way that...wow.
(My opinion)

That's nothing. Kain's posted a few times that he wishes he could slash Kagura's throat. Cuz you know, that's not overreacting or anything.

D

Dr Kain

That's nothing. Kain's posted a few times that he wishes he could slash Kagura's throat. Cuz you know, that's not overreacting or anything.

Because just saying what I would like to do to express a character's annoyance means I am going to go out and do it... how?

The ultimate Toku FAN OF DA CENTURY
So Ai Moritaka should be punished for playing a character.

It's stupid.

I get the annoyance part but the punish part is all kinds of fucked up.

That's my opinion on your opinion on Kagura.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because just saying what I would like to do to express a character's annoyance means I am going to go out and do it... how?

Because it means I should never take your opinion seriously, and instead wish for you to seek out psychiatric help to calm those violent images you have in your head.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

So I decided to give Toqger another chance and didn’t regret that in slightest.
Sure, most of the first half was painful, but after Zett and Akira had appeared, season started to pick up. And I mean REALLY STARTED TO PICK UP.
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but this probably the best Sentai we had since Gekiranger.
I initially disliked (even hated) Toqger and didn’t want to like it, but it earned my respect.
Sympathetic and complicated villains. Strong relationships between them. Tons of seasons tried to make bad guys fight among themselves, but almost every time it really felt unsatisfying (like in Boukenger, which didn’t really take advantage of multiple villains groups or countless other Sentai, where one of bad guys simply turned on others and/or switched sides) and usually that happened during second half or even finale. Here the bad guys on the edge right from the start. It’s not like they really battle each other, since they're technically on one side, but EVERY villain in Toqger has his own agenda. It was SO entertaining to watch them. Especially after so many seasons with pathetic villains, like Deboss or Zangyack.

I instantly loved Zett. Normally, you’d expect that in this kind of season, the main bad would be some evily evil without personally, who lacks “imagination”, but I think this guy is on par with Professor Bias from Liveman. Both of them are probably the best Big Bads in Sentai ever. We didn’t really see such villain archetype in Sentai before (at least not in Big Bad position). During the season he didn’t want to “sink the world in darkness” or something trivial like this. I’m not giving any spoilers, but just look at him in episode 42. All of his scenes there are silent and acted perfectly. He mourns the fact that he’ll never obtain what here desires from the bottom of his heart, yet still keeps his pride (or probably himself doesn’t understand what’s happening to him). Zett is very sympathetic. Probably the most sympathetic main villain in Sentai.

Other villains are all great, too. At first I disliked Glitter, but she grew on me. Some people call Nero bland, but I disagree. This guy is a real hardworker. He’s the only one, who prioritizes his job in this season. I really feel bad for him, since he’s surrounded by selfish jerks and assholes.

I have to say, through I initially hated most of good characters, most of them grew on me as well. Toq3 is like the most competent warrior, we had in years. He doesn’t show off, doesn’t engage in silly conversations with monsters, he uses head and acts, according to the situation. I really enjoyed Hikari-centred episodes. I think the key factor with heroes, that after a while they’ve started changing. And season itself started changing, too. I don’t really know, when this change occurred, but after Cho Cho Toq DaiOh episode, most of fillers were pretty much enjoyable. They’ve dropped lots of annoying elements, like screaming IMAGINATION and treating it like the force (instead they've started to use it for antiviral solutions to the problems, which they should’ve done right from ep.1), children-centred episodes (instead focusing on character development, which AGAIN they should’ve done from the very beginning) and stupid humor, like super-strong Kagura. I legitimately liked most of humor in the second half (Nero noticing on Toqger arriving on the bus instead of train or Akira using his catchphrase regarding this same bus). It didn’t feel so forced and unnatural, like before. I’m still not fond of Kagura, but it doesn’t really feel that show has focus on her (other rangers got way more development). All other rangers are pretty much have been developing during the season and we had a planty of reasons why this team is worthy of being heroes. Unlike Kyuryuger, who were just STRONG, because plot demanded so, these are actually competent Sentai Team, who’re ready to do the right thing, because it’s right. It’s pretty damn good, considering they are only ten years old or so.

Yes, thematically season is really weak. This whole “Imagination” thing is pathetic, suits and robots are inexcusable and color swapping idea is really downplayed (which is why it initially dropped in midseason).

But the good stuff is really good. Things like Raito ending on Shadow Line in the first episode, or Glitter suddenly saving him, during fight with Zett are all matter in the grand scheme of things. I couldn’t predict which direction plot would eventually take (which is again is A VERY GOOD thing for the Sentai) and overall plot ended up being pretty enjoyable. Most of characters have their own clear goals, which end up clashing, resulting in Gaim-level of awesomeness. Just watch episode 41. This episode literally gave me chills. I didn’t have that much excitement with Sentai (especially with newer Sentai) for a very long time.

I also think fights are pretty impressive (even without color swapping) and music is just fantastic.

As someone, who started as a hater of this Sentai, I think people should give it another chance. It’s nowhere near “the worst Sentai ever” level. On the contrary, I think we’re going to be lucky, if Ninniger will be half as good as Toqger. I really enjoyed this series and recommend it to everyone. There are plenty things to dislike, but I think there are even more things to like. At least, give it a try.

^ I think you meant ToQ-4, because ToQ-3 is Mio. I always confuse their numbers too so no worries. :laugh: but it's good to hear that more and more people are starting to realize the goodness of Tokkyuger. the series would usually go downhill whenever the 6th arrives, but Akira totally did the opposite.

urgh, Gekiranger? I've suffered so much watching Boukenger until Shinkenger. Goseiger was decent, Gokaiger was awesome... Gobusters and Kyoryuger were both disappointments, so I'd say Tokkyuger is my favourite 2010's series after Gokaiger. I too hope Ninninger would do greater.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Good villains need not be sympathetic. (Case in point, Gekiranger itself - Long isn't sympathetic at all.) I also strongly disagree that Z is anywhere near the level of Professor Bias or that a good Sentai should be villain-heavy.