2014 Sentai: Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger - News/Rumor Thread

Toku Prince
They said they finished filming ToQger a few weeks ago but they were spotted filming yesterday. I guess there's going to be a ToQger Returns film? Some people have said they even spotted a seventh, purple ToQger.

[hide]
8IRQ0Gv.jpg

1nmVt0Y.jpg
[/hide]

Box office reports are in and Toqger vs Kyoryuger opened at #4 with a gross of 86.5 million yen ($738,00). It's the lowest grossing debut for a Vs. film since Toei began doing theatrical releases starting with Go-Onger vs Gekiranger.

Are these movies released on their own or as double/triple/etc features? They're too short to be feature length.

Are these movies released on their own or as double/triple/etc features? They're too short to be feature length.

The are 2 movies that are released every year for each sentai (3 if you count the returns V-Cinemas that has been released since Shinkenger with the exception of Gokaiger). You have the summer movie that is double billed Rider's and that runs about the average length of a sentai episode (without commercials) to 30 minutes and you'll have the winter Vs movie that has it's own theatrical release and its length runs a little over an hour. The only exception to that was Gokaiger that had an additional summer movie with 199 Heroes since Toei probably didn't want to skip a Vs movie with the previous sentai like they did with Gaoranger and Boukenger.

Before Go-Onger Vs Gekiranger, all Vs movies was released as a V-Cinema while the summer movies was a theatrical release.

Toku Prince

A feature length film is 40+ minutes. They qualify.. You're confusing the qualifications of a feature with the average length of today's features.

Shining~
I like how Dark ToQ-1 is both black AND glittering. Even when he's in darkness mode, he's still shining :p

That's gonna make Zet rages even harder.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
People are already saying on all the different sites that this looks very much like the story is set in the future when the child ToQgers have grown up naturally (hence them having the clothes and hairstyles of a "normal" adult.) But Right looks the same, so ... is that what's going to happen? That Right stays on the Rainbow/Shadow Line and the others remain children and go back to their lives, like this week's episode? I don't doubt they will be able to become adults again for one last battle, but still ...