No, I wanted to slap the entire cast of ToQGer, especially the pink ranger for being complete morons.

The only character I wanted to smack in Kyoryu was Daigo.

You hate the ToQgers, but Japanese Carlos from the Magic School Bus, "I'm Spanish but speak bad English for no reason" fat guy, and the giant "Keep smiling!" lollipop are peachy keen with you? :sly:

You do know that the ToQgers are children, right? Or is your idea of children influenced by early Star Trek TNG?

Also, Kyoryu was very story driven.

I'm surprised that a guy like you doesn't see how derivative, in a lazy manner even, Kyoryuger's story is. Even if you want to put that aside though, the story was just a break from the main course of the show, which was wacky hijinks on a sugar rush, because damnit we need to bring Sentai back from the X-rated gore fest that was Go-Busters!

All of the ToQ episodes I watched were nothing but filler.

Clearly you haven't seen enough episodes.

D

Dr Kain

I have no idea what Carlos from Magic School Bus even means. I've never watched the Magic School Bus. Who is Carlos? What does this have to do with Kyoryu?

I know the ToQGers are children. I called that out right at the first episode. It still doesn't mean they are any more tolerable to watch.

Kyoryuger's story might have been lazy, but it was still a story. I will take a half assed story that covers 90% of a series over another boring ass show that has like 4 episodes of plot in its 50ish run. ToQGer has the same issues that plague Shinkenger and Go-Buster when it comes to story.

And no, I haven't watched a lot of ToQ episodes because the show is absolute horseshit. The cast was already a bunch of retarded ass degenerates, but then Toei had to go full retard with the ToQOh boner. The show should be lucky I am going to watch the final four episodes to see how it ends. Maybe those last 4 episodes can pull it out of the worst Sentai series ever spot.

Henshin a Go-Go!!
I think he's referring to Ramirez, but honestly as someone who grew up watching Magic School Bus, I don't see any substantial connection outside of the characters both having Latin names... Also I'm failing to understand what Star Trek TNG has to do with literally anything. What I'm trying to say Black Fang, is that your comment makes almost no sense to anyone but yourself.

The new Tendou Souji
I think he's referring to Ramirez, but honestly as someone who grew up watching Magic School Bus, I don't see any substantial connection outside of the characters both having Latin names...

It'd be referring to Nossan (sine they're both blue-wearing characters who make lots of puns), not Ramirez. :V

I've never watched the Magic School Bus.

You were never a child, then.

I know the ToQGers are children. I called that out right at the first episode. It still doesn't mean they are any more tolerable to watch.

A child doing nonsense is better than an adult, which is what most modern Sentais are full of. Anyway, you must be talking about the "Imaginaaaaaatiiioooooon!", "Super Girl!" and the other moments of idiocy; I agree those are horrible. And I despise Conductor, Wagon and Ticket. But the show dials it down toward the middle of its run.

Kyoryuger's story might have been lazy, but it was still a story.

I like how we don't have standards, however personal, for professional writers now. You've gone on about how great Kyoryuger's story is before, only to say that, yes it's lazy?

And no, I haven't watched a lot of ToQ episodes because the show is absolute horseshit. The cast was already a bunch of retarded ass degenerates, but then Toei had to go full retard with the ToQOh boner. The show should be lucky I am going to watch the final four episodes to see how it ends. Maybe those last 4 episodes can pull it out of the worst Sentai series ever spot.

You really ought to watch the entire show, and the actual show, before talking about things. You're stuck in February while the rest of us are in the next year.

I'm not American, so I wouldn't know about it anyway, but Magic School Bus aired in 1994-1997. I was well into high school by then. I think Dr. Kain's around my age as well.

Some kind of Beast mode
This, so much this. Kagura, Tokatti and Right, in particular, can be EXTREMELY annoying. But Kagura is definitely the worst in that aspect.
Heck, they make even the Goseigers look like a bright team, no kidding.

At least ToqGer is one case of a show where it doesn't feel like there's a neglected ranger compared to the others, since they're all equally terrible and underdeveloped in their own ways, either being obnoxious or just plain bland like Hikaru. It feels like no one is getting to shine or evolve, seriously. Just think about that. It's a very rare scenario where not a single main character got solid development, which is weird, considering ToQGer had so many (useless) fillers.

Since Sentai is a kid's franchise, one can choose any single show to pick apart like that if they're forcing like you are, be it Jetman, the dark (lol) Go-Busters or whatever. It's incredibly easy, especially when one needs to resort to "obsessive fangirl", "daycare center persona" and an "old man routine" that was supposed to be corny.

Abaranger had "vibrant colored dinosaurs" who could talk, for starters...and why wouldn't they be colored? It's Sentai..one more line and you would say their suits had too much color.:laugh:

Well yea, no argument with your top paragraph, but we're talking talking about Sentai's in general for the kiddy-est.

Vibrant was used for lack of a better term. If you notice the mech, but also the aura of all the giant scale ideas seem like they were made from the creators of Candy Crush and Playhouse. The mech colors are a lot brighter, and candy-ish along with their Cotton Candy sky (which was beautiful). TQG's mech have a neon theme going for them. Which hey, idk if that's necessarily kiddie or not, but what I do know is Kyoryuger is.

I mean, does know one see what I'm talking about?

D

Dr Kain

You really ought to watch the entire show, and the actual show, before talking about things. You're stuck in February while the rest of us are in the next year.

I don't need to watch an entire series to know I am not going to like it. I have done that with other series in the past and regretted it by the end. Go-Onger and Go-Buster being the most recent ones. Hell, I am currently suffering through that absolute schlock of **** called Dragon Ball GT. I have suffered through 50 awful piss poor pieces of garbage and still have 14 episodes to go. I don't need to spend my time watching a garbage Sentai series afterwards. In fact, I am no longer willing to give Sentai my full attention if it doesn't wow me within its first 5-10 episodes. Why would I want to suffer through 15 or so hours of crap when I can rewatch a Sentai series I like instead? In fact, this year my plans are to rewatch MegaRanger, KakuRanger, Gingaman, AbaRanger (all subbed for the first time), and of course, ZyuRanger (since it is getting a DVD release). Although, I never had the chance to rewatch DaiRanger in 2014, so I really should get on that since I haven't watched it since July 2013.

Henshin a Go-Go!!
It'd be referring to Nossan (sine they're both blue-wearing characters who make lots of puns), not Ramirez. :V
That makes more sense, although its still a really out of the blue comparison and reference and is neither funny, clever or insightful.